We are looking for 1 new owner for the Grand Slam progressive. Fatguyrd had put together a strong squad, but so sadly passed away just before he got to manage them. That team is being run as a second team by one of our other owners, and they are succeeding--73-63 and very much in the playoff race.

The concept: every season we play covers 4 years of ML history. When you draft a player, you can keep them as long as you like, but for a given progressive season you can only employ one version of him. It's a 16-team league. As of the time I am writing this, this team would draft 9th in each round.

Season 13, which corresponds to the years 1933-1936, is finishing now.

Partial list of potential keepers is below--lots of offensive firepower. Give it a shot, I'll cover the cost.
9/1/2024 4:10 PM (edited)
Potential list of Keepers for 1937-1940

C Mickey Cochrane (low PA)
1B Hank Greenberg
2B Billy Herman
3B Red Rolfe, Lee Handley
OF Mel Almada, Hank Leiber, Tuck Stainback

P Tommy Bridges, Bill Dietrich, Elden Auker, Herman Fink
8/27/2024 10:47 AM (edited)
This is a good team
9/1/2024 12:27 PM
Ill take the team and continue to manage it as the seasons go on. RIP fatguyrd
9/2/2024 2:06 AM
MarlboroLigh -- awesome! Welcome to Grand Slam! I'll get you added to everything today.
9/2/2024 11:48 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.