Project 2025 Bans Freedom of Thought Topic

As Fetterman said...........grow some.
7/8/2024 3:53 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/8/2024 3:53:00 PM (view original):
As Fetterman said...........grow some.
Exactly. People are panicking like chicken little. Sack up and fight on.
7/8/2024 4:13 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 7/8/2024 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Biden is very popular and Harris is not. There should not be irrational panic over one "meh" debate performance. He got stronger as the debate went on, and he's got a solid record to run on. It's disturbing how quickly the party wants to kick Biden to the curb after all he has done and is doing. Knee-jerking will not win the election. Do you WANT Trump to win? In-fighting within the party will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Close ranks and support the president. It's really not that hard to understand.
i hear you loud and clear and I question myself...the only reason I have jumped ship is because of what the prevailing opinion was of his mental acuity before the debate.
Im not in as much of panic mode today but i am scared to death about what happens if there is a sequel in debate 2.
I think that Harris would see a great increase in her popularity.

Your points make a lot of sense to me.
7/8/2024 6:32 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 7/8/2024 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Biden is very popular and Harris is not. There should not be irrational panic over one "meh" debate performance. He got stronger as the debate went on, and he's got a solid record to run on. It's disturbing how quickly the party wants to kick Biden to the curb after all he has done and is doing. Knee-jerking will not win the election. Do you WANT Trump to win? In-fighting within the party will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Close ranks and support the president. It's really not that hard to understand.
One important point that I take a different view on.
Recognizing that over 75% or more think Biden should not be running is important.

I think already Biden has had one of the best first terms ever and has been superlative.

But my emphasis is on will he win or will he lose.
I do not have confidence that he will win and I do not trust Biden’s judgment on this.

We cannot conflate saying step aside please with being disloyal.
When I voted for him I was think back then that I would not want the issue of an 81 year old man running in 24.
I have serious doubt in his ability to win the second debate and it is a chance I do not want to take.

Biden is popular among Dems but way under water elsewhere. I don’t feel an enthusiasm for him.

I support whoever offers the best chance to beat Trump.

I always say that we have a dumb country - Trump would have 20% approval if we had a smart country.
it is a dumb country and the old admonition to naysayers that we can depend upon the wisdom of the people does not apply anymore.

I worry about the independent voters and the overall lack of enthusiasm and what happens if Biden can’t run effectively after the nomination is over and done.

I see Harris solidifying voters of color and increasing women voters.

Time will tell but I am nervous that Biden is putting himself before the country - hubris - and that I do not endorse.

The stakes are incredibly high and it isn’t about what I think. I worry about the voters around the edges in swing states.

I want to see polling over next 10 days.
Read Adam Silver ( I think that’s his name ) polling before criticizing the point of view of I am really nervous. He is one of the most successful pollsters predictors. He gives Biden a 28% chance now.
That could change but the next 10 days will inform my opinion about what to do.
7/8/2024 7:34 PM (edited)
Also Biden will be 82 in November. Calling Biden 81 is generous. He would start a second term at 82.
7/8/2024 7:38 PM
I don’t know what will happen but I firmly believe that President Biden has become victim to delusions and entitlement.
Just yesterday or the day before he said he is staying in the race because the voters have spoken.

He is sounding like Trump. Presidents are voted for term by term. Such hubris is unacceptable.

I have a big problem with anyone including President Biden who puts his own fortunes ahead of the country.

I say it like I believe no matter who it is about.
7/9/2024 11:06 AM (edited)
Well.............. good for you then.
7/9/2024 11:48 AM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/9/2024 11:06:00 AM (view original):
I don’t know what will happen but I firmly believe that President Biden has become victim to delusions and entitlement.
Just yesterday or the day before he said he is staying in the race because the voters have spoken.

He is sounding like Trump. Presidents are voted for term by term. Such hubris is unacceptable.

I have a big problem with anyone including President Biden who puts his own fortunes ahead of the country.

In this sense, I think he meant the primary voters and the resulting delegates for the convention. I took it to mean he's staying in the race because the primary voters chose him as the candidate. (I know there wasn't really a challenge to him, just saying I think that's what he's going to point to).

Yes, Biden is almost 82, and his stamina isn't what it was when he was 52 or even 70, but he also brings years of experience and judgment that have to be weighed as well. I don't know that it's hubris to feel that his experience is worth as much or more than a less qualified but highly energetic candidate.

Also, his admin has a lot Obama staffers and influence. A lot of those folks would likely be lost with a new candidate.
7/9/2024 12:18 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 7/9/2024 12:19:00 PM (view original):

In this sense, I think he meant the primary voters and the resulting delegates for the convention. I took it to mean he's staying in the race because the primary voters chose him as the candidate. (I know there wasn't really a challenge to him, just saying I think that's what he's going to point to).

Yes, Biden is almost 82, and his stamina isn't what it was when he was 52 or even 70, but he also brings years of experience and judgment that have to be weighed as well. I don't know that it's hubris to feel that his experience is worth as much or more than a less qualified but highly energetic candidate.

Also, his admin has a lot Obama staffers and influence. A lot of those folks would likely be lost with a new candidate.
I think he has been unbelievable!!!!!
Everything and more then was promised.

re the voters have spoken - there have not been any primaries. If he was popular and we had an intelligent normal people country there would not be any issues - certainly not from me. It is the kind of comment that makes people nervous.

I fear that he will lose. And if he flubs the next debate it will be too late to replace him.

My bottom line - he was considered a bad choice ( not by me ) long before the debate.

He should be like LBJ and realistically see polling all over the place.
7/9/2024 12:55 PM (edited)
BTW - none other then Steven King thinks he should step aside. The worst thing would be a convention fight. There is urgency that this be resolved one way or the other in the next 10 days or so.
7/9/2024 1:04 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/9/2024 12:55:00 PM (view original):

re the voters have spoken - there have not been any primaries. If he was popular and we had an intelligent normal people country there would not be any issues - certainly not from me. It is the kind of comment that makes people nervous.

I fear that he will lose. And if he flubs the next debate it will be too late to replace him.

My bottom line - he was considered a bad choice ( not by me ) long before the debate.

There were primaries, that's how the delegates were chosen for the nomination, there just wasn't much press coverage because nobody made a hard challenge for the nomination since he's the incumbent. I voted in the Dem primary myself in my state. Biden got nearly 14.5 million votes in total across the country. Results_of_the_2024_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

I think a lot of the poll numbers are a result of the party infighting and will level out once things calm down and the media moves on to another news story. Are you referring to Stephen King, the author? That dude is on a different wavelength, imo.
7/9/2024 1:14 PM
I do agree that there should have been meaningful primaries. I argued for it, but most people thought it was pointless and would only hurt Biden, who would win regardless.
7/9/2024 1:17 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 7/9/2024 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/9/2024 12:55:00 PM (view original):

There were primaries, that's how the delegates were chosen for the nomination, there just wasn't much press coverage because nobody made a hard challenge for the nomination since he's the incumbent. I voted in the Dem primary myself in my state. Biden got nearly 14.5 million votes in total across the country. Results_of_the_2024_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

I think a lot of the poll numbers are a result of the party infighting and will level out once things calm down and the media moves on to another news story. Are you referring to Stephen King, the author? That dude is on a different wavelength, imo.
Yes those non contested primaries. His remark is absurd and mocks legitimate concerns. That’s the type of remark that makes it appear that he tone deaf and arrogant about the whole thing.
7/9/2024 2:08 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 7/9/2024 1:17:00 PM (view original):
I do agree that there should have been meaningful primaries. I argued for it, but most people thought it was pointless and would only hurt Biden, who would win regardless.
If the debate happened earlier I’m sure that there would have been contested primaries.

re Stephen King his son Joe Hill is no slacker.
7/9/2024 2:12 PM
I think it is a fallacy to rule Harris out as a formidable opponent to Trumpler.
New polling by a highly regarded Obama pollster shows Biden severely damaged by the debate while both Hillary and Kamala would beat Trump.

Most Dems and reasonable independents just want to beat Trump. That is the whole enchilada.
7/9/2024 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...36 Next ▸
Project 2025 Bans Freedom of Thought Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.