TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Laser Sharp

RFK JR says that covid is a manufactured bio weapon and it may have been engineered to spare Jews and Chinese people.

category - you can’t make this shiit up.

Behind most crackpot conspiracy theorists is an antisemite.

We all should have known back in 1997 about Mel Gibson when he starred in the movie Conspiracy Theory. That was an art imitating life movie.

Shoud be interesting to see who befriends him now..

The electrical college could be a danger to democracy and an aid to autocracy.
It might be crucial for the electoral college interstate compact to start new momentum.
7/15/2023 10:25 AM (edited)
It is a complicated piece of business with serious constitutional questions. Currently the 16 signatories represent 205 of the 270 votes needed to pass.
That is 76%.
7/15/2023 10:32 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I thought there was a House of Representatives in addition to the senate.

Other major industrial democracies operate without an electoral college, just fine.
7/15/2023 12:48 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/15/2023 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Laser Sharp

RFK JR says that covid is a manufactured bio weapon and it may have been engineered to spare Jews and Chinese people.

We all should have known back in 1997 about Mel Gibson when he starred in the movie Conspiracy Theory. That was an art imitating life movie.

It might be crucial for the electoral college interstate compact to start new momentum.
So what Kennedy Jr said automatically makes him an anti semite? Explain the logic
7/16/2023 5:24 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/16/2023 5:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/15/2023 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Laser Sharp

So what Kennedy Jr said automatically makes him an anti semite? Explain the logic
Perhaps you should explain your logic.
By your reasoning if he said the n word several times that would not mean that he was a racist.
Have a good time.
7/16/2023 10:53 AM
Howard Stern used to have the national KKK leader on his show. I forget his name but they would let him talk and skewer him and disgrace him ( as if he had a little grace remaining) and use him as a human piñata.

You remind me of that guy.
7/16/2023 11:16 AM
There is the connection of Jewish people and Sunday evening Chinese food so it makes perfect sense that if the Chinese created Covid that they somehow used some kind of genetic engineering to keep themselves and the Jews out of danger. Good business.
Fortune cookies were used for spying.
7/16/2023 11:23 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/15/2023 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Good luck trying to pass any kind of Electoral College reform. You would be asking States that have low population to give up all of their rights to New York, California, Illinois and the like. People who push for this kind of power grab don't understand the purpose of the Electoral College. Then again, perhaps I am not giving them enough credit. They probably do understand its purpose. They simply hate the Electoral College because it stands in the way of the dictatorship they want to set up.

That is what a democracy is, a dictatorship - majority RULE, the dictatorship of the majority over the minority. It's why folks get caught up in the popular vote. They want that majority RULE. RULE, you know, as in RULER. They believe the 51 should be able to oppress the 49. Too bad our constitution sets up a Republic. Too bad our constitution guarantees the rights of the minority (actually the rights of the 1 from the oppression of the 99) in the first 10 amendments. Too bad dreams of absolute power have to die so hard.
yerrrrrrrrrrrrrr nuts

"democracy is, a dictatorship"

let's talk tuberville

that's the tyranny of the MINORITY

the founders should have clarified that in this democratic republic every vote all the winner needs is 50% + 1

their failure, the founders failure, as i see it, was to allow each body to make it's own rules

so it takes 60 to pass the senate, or it takes 1 to stop a colonel from getting a star

this system is effed up and i blame you and yours

Liberte Egalite Fraternite

J'accuse!
7/16/2023 12:30 PM
Posted by bagchucker3 on 7/16/2023 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/15/2023 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Good luck trying to pass any kind of Electoral College reform. You would be asking States that have low population to give up all of their rights to New York, California, Illinois and the like. People who push for this kind of power grab don't understand the purpose of the Electoral College. Then again, perhaps I am not giving them enough credit. They probably do understand its purpose. They simply hate the Electoral College because it stands in the way of the dictatorship they want to set up.

That is what a democracy is, a dictatorship - majority RULE, the dictatorship of the majority over the minority. It's why folks get caught up in the popular vote. They want that majority RULE. RULE, you know, as in RULER. They believe the 51 should be able to oppress the 49. Too bad our constitution sets up a Republic. Too bad our constitution guarantees the rights of the minority (actually the rights of the 1 from the oppression of the 99) in the first 10 amendments. Too bad dreams of absolute power have to die so hard.
yerrrrrrrrrrrrrr nuts

"democracy is, a dictatorship"

let's talk tuberville

that's the tyranny of the MINORITY

the founders should have clarified that in this democratic republic every vote all the winner needs is 50% + 1

their failure, the founders failure, as i see it, was to allow each body to make it's own rules

so it takes 60 to pass the senate, or it takes 1 to stop a colonel from getting a star

this system is effed up and i blame you and yours

Liberte Egalite Fraternite

J'accuse!
The greatest rules devised cannot stand up to human malfeasance and cowardice.
If Pence did not follow the rules the rules would have failed and then we would have had some bloody response and if the Supreme Court backed up trump and Pence we would have had a bloody civil war where the rule of law would never be the same again.

A democracy is only as strong as the people that use it are good. If there are enough quality people who follow the rule of law we are golden.
Trumpism and extreme conservatism as it exists today has taken us to the brink. So far democracy has held but there is a battle going on and it is on every level of politics every where in the country.

Only USA and India and Pakistan among major countries have a form of electoral college. England and France and every other significant country uses popular vote.
7/16/2023 1:23 PM (edited)
Anyone accusing me of just rhetoric is part of the anti democracy force.

And there are always those that are - too smart for their own good.
7/16/2023 1:25 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/15/2023 12:49:00 PM (view original):
I thought there was a House of Representatives in addition to the senate.

Other major industrial democracies operate without an electoral college, just fine.
The first sentence is undeniably true.

However, there are no other major democracies. As a matter of fact, there is not a single democracy on the planet. There are Republics, Theocracies, Monarchies, Oligarchies, Dictatorships of various flavors...hell, some countries have no effective governmental form at all.

Name what you think is a democracy and I'll post what their actual, official and legal governmental form is. Democracy is a currently a concept since no working example exists.

As far as the USA is concerned, I'll break it down in easy and simple terms. Representatives and Senators are not USA offices, they are offices of the State they are elected from. You can argue Pennsylvania is a democracy. The USA is certainly not. The only national offices the USA have are President and Vice-President. True Fact. The Electoral College was put in place to PREVENT democracy, where the people would be voting directly (the textbook definition of a Democracy.). You do not vote for Pres/VP. The Electoral College does it for you. In effect, the President and Vice-President are appointed by the Electoral College.

But you know this. It simply does not fit your agenda.

7/16/2023 1:30 PM
England is a Monarchy
France is a Republic

Any others?
7/16/2023 1:33 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/16/2023 1:33:00 PM (view original):
England is a Monarchy
France is a Republic

Any others?
With all due respect that it is irrelevant to the conversation.

you are way too concerned with that stuff.
it is - I’m the smartest in the room stuff.
And not important to reality.
7/16/2023 1:37 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 7/16/2023 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/16/2023 1:33:00 PM (view original):
England is a Monarchy
France is a Republic

Any others?
With all due respect that it is irrelevant to the conversation.

you are way too concerned with that stuff.
it is - I’m the smartest in the room stuff.
And not important to reality.
With all due respect, you tend to avoid the intellectual parts of a conversation.

Not surprising you would key on this tidbit and ignore the post prior.
7/16/2023 1:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...894|895|896|897|898...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.