$10 GC to winner (full) Teammate Chain League 1 Topic

3.) The first player you draft is your anchor. You will then draft a teammate from that team twisted to another season of his career.

Tyrese Haliburton is a teammate that year so you can twist Haliburton forward to his 21-22 kings season but it can be the partial kings season or the combined full year season with the kings version. Not the pacers version.

4.) For this first version when you twist the next teammate in your chain you may choose the same franchise or a different franchise.

These statements seem to contradict each other.
2/18/2023 1:08 PM
Thanks for keeping me on my toes. There are many different variations that we can and will be exploring in future versions so it’s difficult at times to keep the rules straight.

the twisting can use any of Halliburton’s 21-22 seasons in that example Landry commented on.

I will fix throat note in the rules section.
2/18/2023 2:03 PM
Can we twist to a player same team same season?
2/18/2023 2:15 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 2/18/2023 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Can we twist to a player same team same season?
No, not in this iteration. Perhaps in future variations. So basically you can’t duplicate any season.
2/18/2023 2:22 PM
Only 4 more to go and I can select my anchor.
2/25/2023 3:54 PM
I’ll try…

Bill Russell—Celtics—- 66-67
2/25/2023 7:40 PM
I'll take Gerald Henderson
2/28/2023 7:28 AM
I think picking anchors first come first pick is not fair to the late people wanting to join. To make it more fair how about adding anchors that travel backward in time? The build process would be the same, but you could name either side as your anchor? That will allow for more variance. Plus I am willing to wager I can build the best team from '91-92 Pistons Rodman.
3/1/2023 4:03 AM
And yes I did waste 3 hours building an insane team only to read who had been picked already
3/1/2023 4:04 AM
Posted by BenJoker on 3/1/2023 4:03:00 AM (view original):
I think picking anchors first come first pick is not fair to the late people wanting to join. To make it more fair how about adding anchors that travel backward in time? The build process would be the same, but you could name either side as your anchor? That will allow for more variance. Plus I am willing to wager I can build the best team from '91-92 Pistons Rodman.
Just because someone has Rodman as an anchor doesn’t mean you can’t use Rodman on your team. It just means Rodman can’t be anyone else’s anchor. This is very easy to work around. Simply choose any Detroit piston from 86/87 - 90/91 as your anchor and then you can have 91-92 Rodman. All it costs is a scrub which honestly most teams will have anyway. So that is why I don’t think it is an advantage at all. I’ve built many, many, trial teams so far and I see many different paths to achieving the same basic core rotation.

and as an example, I am waiting to make my anchor selection as a good faith gesture, not because there are any unfair advantages. Currently, the anchor I want only costs $645K. The player has no significance whatsoever.
3/1/2023 6:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback chewy. I have built many team chains over the years so I understand the logic and tweaks. I'm really just opposed to any league that rewards early signups (Franchise and College teams are other abusers of this policy). There is no reason to limit starting points in something as complex as this. If someone has the same team as mine I'll gladly admit defeat and build a new team. Like I said, I spent 3 hours connecting 30 years of players, and don't feel like doing it again. So, if I'm allowed to enter my team as is, I'm in, else I'm out.
3/2/2023 11:58 AM
ps - I had Rodman and backed him up by taking Tree instead but still will use a Rodman season
3/2/2023 6:44 PM (edited)
I understand the logic of tweaking the team. I don't understand the reason to put limits on any team. I highly doubt any team will be the same. And if they are that is also interesting.
3/3/2023 1:23 AM
Bump
3/6/2023 10:18 AM
In Paul Westphal
3/7/2023 10:48 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
$10 GC to winner (full) Teammate Chain League 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.