Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Eric Swalwell argued that we should kick Russian students out of Universities. There have also been attacks on Russian businesses.
2/27/2022 3:10 PM
Another note - the amount of racism being exposed in regards to this war is INSANE.

Many can't believe this is happening in a "civilized" (read: white) country.
2/27/2022 6:39 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/27/2022 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Eric Swalwell argued that we should kick Russian students out of Universities. There have also been attacks on Russian businesses.
I did not see it but he is certainly most likely talking about exchange students that come here to gain knowledge they can’t get here and take back to Russia.
Like an import export.
Their education is a privilege based upon a good relationship with the other country.
Those students end up helping Russia so I understand his rationale.
I appreciate your responding to me.
2/27/2022 8:10 PM
I’m not sure what you are saying about leftists attacking Russian businesses.
2/27/2022 8:11 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/27/2022 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Another note - the amount of racism being exposed in regards to this war is INSANE.

I don’t understand this.
people are saying they can’t believe there is white vs white war or white country Russia starting a war?
I don’t know what is in the right wing media honestly but who is saying this kind of thing.
2/27/2022 8:14 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/27/2022 8:10:00 PM (view original):
I did not see it but he is certainly most likely talking about exchange students that come here to gain knowledge they can’t get here and take back to Russia.
Like an import export.
Their education is a privilege based upon a good relationship with the other country.
This is, almost verbatim, the same argument that was used to justify Japanese internment during WW2. The Russian students here did nothing to cause the war and should not be punished for it.
2/28/2022 12:26 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/27/2022 8:14:00 PM (view original):

I don’t understand this.
people are saying they can’t believe there is white vs white war or white country Russia starting a war?
I don’t know what is in the right wing media honestly but who is saying this kind of thing.
Many news anchors have had slips of tongues and called Ukraine a "civilized" country, in contrast to Iraq and Afghanistan who are not.

There was also one who said that it is more emotional in this case because the people fleeing have blond hair and blue eyes.
2/28/2022 12:28 AM
wait now

if they're not citizens the rule should be They can stay if they agree to spy for the CIA when they get back home

but if they refuse, out they go. they can distance learn

as regards the businesses, they can stay irregardless. i heart me some cabbage potatoes and borscht
2/28/2022 12:44 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/28/2022 12:45:00 AM (view original):
wait now

if they're not citizens the rule should be They can stay if they agree to spy for the CIA when they get back home

but if they refuse, out they go. they can distance learn

as regards the businesses, they can stay irregardless. i heart me some cabbage potatoes and borscht
i likes this a lot lot.
2/28/2022 2:42 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/28/2022 12:28:00 AM (view original):

I don’t understand this.
Many news anchors have had slips of tongues and called Ukraine a "civilized" country, in contrast to Iraq and Afghanistan who are not.

There was also one who said that it is more emotional in this case because the people fleeing have blond hair and blue eyes.
i still dont understand...before the iraq war iraq was just a little more civilized then n korea.
Afghanistan is certainly not a civilized country.
if someone said the thing about blond hair they were being facetious regarding those more upset about white deaths but not deaths from wars in african countries.
2/28/2022 2:47 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/28/2022 12:26:00 AM (view original):
Like an import export.
This is, almost verbatim, the same argument that was used to justify Japanese internment during WW2. The Russian students here did nothing to cause the war and should not be punished for it.
of course it is not.... Japanese interned were Americans.
Russian exchange students are not Americans or it could not be done.
If they are going to take skills learned back to Russia which is now not an adversary but an enemy it is clearly debatable.
2/28/2022 2:52 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/28/2022 2:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/28/2022 12:28:00 AM (view original):

I don’t understand this.

i still dont understand...before the iraq war iraq was just a little more civilized then n korea.
Afghanistan is certainly not a civilized country.
if someone said the thing about blond hair they were being facetious regarding those more upset about white deaths but not deaths from wars in african countries.
That's just racism then. Iraq has a higher GDP per capita than Ukraine
2/28/2022 12:26 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/28/2022 2:52:00 AM (view original):
Like an import export.
If they are going to take skills learned back to Russia which is now not an adversary but an enemy it is clearly debatable.
So putting aside the horrific nationalism at play here, you're saying that depriving students of knowledge is worth any possible downside of such an action?
2/28/2022 12:29 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/28/2022 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/28/2022 2:52:00 AM (view original):
Like an import export.
So putting aside the horrific nationalism at play here, you're saying that depriving students of knowledge is worth any possible downside of such an action?
Well you are assuming that I agree that it is necessarily horrific nationalism.
So that is the wrong way of asking me my opinion.

I see that you are back to your old ways of when did you stop beating your wife.

LOL
2/28/2022 12:55 PM (edited)
ONLY BY PRIDE COMES CONTENTION.. can anyone see this happening in this thread??

Does anyone here really care that Innocent citizens in the Ukraine are being BOMBED by a ruthless aggressor? Or would you try to make excuses for Pukin Putin?? He is one heartbeat from hell
2/28/2022 3:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...115|116|117|118|119...142 Next ▸
Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.