THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The Democrats are one seat-flip away from losing the Senate and they're ready to lynch the party members who think maybe it isn't a brilliant idea to make a 1-vote majority an iron-clad license to do whatever you want in the chamber.

Smart.
1/14/2022 5:59 PM
Not exactly. The 48 would definitely settle for a rules change to the filibuster. They are only trying for the optimum of a carve out for voting rights as there is for certain other legislations but they are not trying for an end to the filibuster.

There have been changes to the filibuster rules many times.
Changes are only considered now because the Republican party has proven itself to be an anti democracy party of a large assortment of kooks and nuts and authoritarian lovers and rabid anti science or common sense. The majority if the rest are mostly cowards.
1/14/2022 6:34 PM (edited)
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/14/2022 5:59:00 PM (view original):
The Democrats are one seat-flip away from losing the Senate and they're ready to lynch the party members who think maybe it isn't a brilliant idea to make a 1-vote majority an iron-clad license to do whatever you want in the chamber.

Smart.
show me where in the constitution it says 60% to pass a law

the founders already took care of political momentum & rotation with two year reps and six year sens

i think they mighta done it a little bit better with eight year sens no second term

but thats just me

red staters will not be happy til blue staters are reduced to 3/5s of a vote

as per the originalists

it works when you work it

1/14/2022 8:25 PM
Attention OANN Shoppers

Direct Tv will not renew its contract with the dumb and dumbest conspiracy mongering network now a pariah and the Lying SOS Network says its revenue will be near zero.

Boo Hoo....Boo Hoo
1/15/2022 10:42 AM
Not just pass legislation but to end prior legislation. They can do that too and that is how they can further destroy the country. Im not fine with that.
1/15/2022 5:05 PM
I'd rather take that risk than risk doing nothing or next to nothing, forever
1/15/2022 5:53 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/15/2022 5:53:00 PM (view original):
I'd rather take that risk than risk doing nothing or next to nothing, forever
I understand what you are saying but I would rather have stalemate then the republicans having absolute power and I think we have staked out our positions clearly.
1/15/2022 5:58 PM
Youngtrumpkin was sworn in.
First 2 acts - end mask mandates for kids in schools and end vaccine requirements for state workers.
1/16/2022 12:08 PM
Baseball Hall Of Fame results announced on January 25th.
Bonds and Clemens and Schilling are not getting in.
Rolen has a very good chance. Helton also.

1 in 388 people - adults and children - have now died from Covid - 19.
I think you have to be brain damaged not to consider that a catastrophe and still going on.

If you add up all Americans dead in WWI and WW2 and Korean War and the Vietnam War combined it is approximately 630,000.
Covid -19 now more then 851,000.
1/17/2022 3:37 PM (edited)
Still working through my unranked but Rolling Stone style albums for the desert island DJ.
What im realizing is that my music is now mostly jazz and vocals - vocals and jazz.
There is still plenty of rock but most of it from about 15 or so artists.
1/17/2022 4:37 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...78|79|80|81|82...174 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.