THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

I think we've talked about this before. My perspective has always been that prior to viability it should basically be treated in the same way we treat right to terminate life support. Which, given that the fetus clearly has no power of attorney, living will, or other relevant legal documents, no spouse, and no descendants, is pretty much the status quo.
12/2/2021 3:31 PM
I got my booster shot a few days ago.
I had a bad headache that night and the next day same headache and some dizziness.
No big deal.
I listened to some Dizzy Gillespie.
12/3/2021 11:18 AM
Mine's at 6. We'll see how it goes. I had very minimal effects from the first 2 doses.
12/3/2021 4:32 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/3/2021 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Mine's at 6. We'll see how it goes. I had very minimal effects from the first 2 doses.
Same here relatively speaking.
Mostly shoulder pain at injection site for first two and other mild symptoms.
For the booster the headache was bad especially since I never get headaches. ( 9-10 ) Until i realized it was the reaction I was worried it was a TIA.
12/3/2021 5:04 PM (edited)
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/3/2021 5:04:00 PM (view original):
For the booster the headache was bad especially since I never get headaches. ( 9-10 ) Until i realized it was the reaction I was worried it was a TIA.
Sounds like this vaccine is really making people healthy and strong

I still don't trust the drug companies

A TIA can be scary, You get an arm squeeze pain, and sometimes vision can blur in one eye.. If it gives nausea and dizziness.. call 9-11

I have had quite a few of them. They usually last about 2-3 mins with me. health is good, though. Anything over 4-5 mins, good to get to Emerg'

Meanwhile. the masses are lining up for 'The cure'
12/3/2021 10:07 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 12/3/2021 10:07:00 PM (view original):

A TIA can be scary, You get an arm squeeze pain, and sometimes vision can blur in one eye.. If it gives nausea and dizziness.. call 9-11

I have had quite a few of them. They usually last about 2-3 mins with me. health is good, though. Anything over 4-5 mins, good to get to Emerg'

Most of us really don't mind a minor inconvenience of some very tolerable symptoms for a few days. It is such a trivial expense for the gift of continued health and life. And it isnt like giving birth.

Im sorry that you are so concerned about the vaccine that you are dead set against it for yourself but it is unseemly to hear someone mocking it and the people who set it as a priority in “their life” and for “their family”.
12/3/2021 10:23 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/3/2021 10:23:00 PM (view original):

Most of us really don't mind a minor inconvenience of some very tolerable symptoms for a few days. It is such a trivial expense for the gift of continued health and life. And it isnt like giving birth.

Im sorry that you are so concerned about the vaccine that you are dead set against it for yourself but it is unseemly to hear someone mocking it and the people who set it as a priority in “their life” and for “their family”.
Yep. Nothing as sorry *** as mocking a tragedy :
Posted by rsp777 on 12/3/2021 4:17:00 PM (view original):
I live in the Metro Detroit area. The shooting at Oxford High School has touched many people I know and the wife of a personal friend was one of the teachers hiding in her classroom with her students that day. This hits home for me and has been harrowing to say the least and a tragedy all the way around.

I am appalled at the epic failures of the parents, the school administrators and now, even the police. They just issued a BOLO for the parents and the FBI is involved. The pertinent details are in the story below...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/12/03/police-still-searching-for-parents-of-suspected-oxford-high-school-shooter/?fbclid=IwAR2IO3baOht7wBKaA3PwgTQuqlgE1mOqOztracT8VxO1We1dIeoJBfr_PZY

They have disappeared this afternoon after the announcement around noon today that they are being brought up on involuntary manslaughter charges. How many pairs of clown shoes are going to be worn in the case of this murderous little cretin? The parents should have been taken into police custody immediately and instead tonight it appears they are on the run. They AND the school administrators allowed him to walk out of a meeting with the gun in his backpack. Admin is slinging blame at the parents, which is deserved, but they are also egregiously guilty. Gun rights activists are already spewing rhetoric on social media. The fear mongers are ALREADY telling their loyalists that "They're coming to get your guns" because of this. I have seen it rolling to a slow boil the last 48 hours.

This country is sick in a LOT of ways today and much of it is because of good old American guns.

I don't see a solution. I don't even see how the conversation becomes anything more than the bluster I'm already seeing. Hell, even I don't know what I'm trying to say here. The whole situation is far above my pay grade but I do know that I'm sickened by it and with the laissez-faire attitude this country has in general towards guns.

Yay America!

Yay Freedumb.
Quote post by Jetson21 on 12/3/2021 4:19:00 PM:
Detroit needs a little less guns and roses and a little more iggy pop.
12/3/2021 10:53 PM
Posted by Mwett on 12/3/2021 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/3/2021 10:23:00 PM (view original):

Yep. Nothing as sorry *** as mocking a tragedy :
Posted by rsp777 on 12/3/2021 4:17:00 PM (view original):
I live in the Metro Detroit area. The shooting at Oxford High School has touched many people I know and the wife of a personal friend was one of the teachers hiding in her classroom with her students that day. This hits home for me and has been harrowing to say the least and a tragedy all the way around.

I am appalled at the epic failures of the parents, the school administrators and now, even the police. They just issued a BOLO for the parents and the FBI is involved. The pertinent details are in the story below...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/12/03/police-still-searching-for-parents-of-suspected-oxford-high-school-shooter/?fbclid=IwAR2IO3baOht7wBKaA3PwgTQuqlgE1mOqOztracT8VxO1We1dIeoJBfr_PZY

They have disappeared this afternoon after the announcement around noon today that they are being brought up on involuntary manslaughter charges. How many pairs of clown shoes are going to be worn in the case of this murderous little cretin? The parents should have been taken into police custody immediately and instead tonight it appears they are on the run. They AND the school administrators allowed him to walk out of a meeting with the gun in his backpack. Admin is slinging blame at the parents, which is deserved, but they are also egregiously guilty. Gun rights activists are already spewing rhetoric on social media. The fear mongers are ALREADY telling their loyalists that "They're coming to get your guns" because of this. I have seen it rolling to a slow boil the last 48 hours.

This country is sick in a LOT of ways today and much of it is because of good old American guns.

I don't see a solution. I don't even see how the conversation becomes anything more than the bluster I'm already seeing. Hell, even I don't know what I'm trying to say here. The whole situation is far above my pay grade but I do know that I'm sickened by it and with the laissez-faire attitude this country has in general towards guns.

Yay America!

Yay Freedumb.
Quote post by Jetson21 on 12/3/2021 4:19:00 PM:
Detroit needs a little less guns and roses and a little more iggy pop.
First, thank you for your continuing loyal readership.
Second, Detroit needs a little less guns and roses and a little more iggy pop.
12/3/2021 11:26 PM
Some Climate Change News

Hawaii is expecting a 12” snowfall.
The record is approximately 24” in 2016.
The previous record to that was 6” in 1936.
12/4/2021 9:34 AM
Guns and Ammo Parents of the Year

The parents Crumbley were apprehended hiding out like Bonnie and Clyde in the basement of an art studio
a half mile from the Canadian border.
Mug shots show that they are indeed a couple of crumbleys.

They are being touted by many insurrectionist party Americans as teaching a revolutionary new form of self sufficiency to their loving youngster.
By letting him be charged with murder without having the comfort of his parents and then fleeing to the border of Canada to maybe retire into obscurity in Canada, they are teaching the gun toting young crumbly to become a man and to stand on his own two feet.

They will be honored by the NRA.

12/4/2021 10:24 AM (edited)
On Roe v Wade and Judicial Integrity

There is a certain cruel irony that a man who was credibly accused of rape ( credibly being the operative word ) will decide the fate of Roe ve Wade.

It is already being forgotten that Trump’s FBI refused to interview witnesses who would have buttressed the
woman victim.
If the allegation was true and I believed it Kavenaugh could have impregnated her and an abortion could have resulted.

Btw - I am objective. I thought that Clarence Thomas, a horrible justice was railroaded over nonsense stuff.
12/4/2021 11:40 AM
I got pretty sick from my initial J and J jab. 2 days of fever, aches and chills.

The booster from Pfizer was pretty chill. A bit fatigued for 24 hours.

The one that really kicked my *** was the second shingles vaccine. Almost 3 days of 103 degree fever and the sore arm of all sore arms.
12/4/2021 9:51 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/4/2021 11:40:00 AM (view original):

There is a certain cruel irony that a man who was credibly accused of rape ( credibly being the operative word ) will decide the fate of Roe ve Wade.

It is already being forgotten that Trump’s FBI refused to interview witnesses who would have buttressed the
woman victim.
If the allegation was true and I believed it Kavenaugh could have impregnated her and an abortion could have resulted.

Btw - I am objective. I thought that Clarence Thomas, a horrible justice was railroaded over nonsense stuff.
My thing is that all of them under oath said they considered Roe settled law.
12/4/2021 9:53 PM
Posted by The Taint on 12/4/2021 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/4/2021 11:40:00 AM (view original):

woman victim.

My thing is that all of them under oath said they considered Roe settled law.
I dont think that they will technically overturn Roe just practically. I think they will keep the undue burden part of the holding set forth
for now but by accepting a 15 week window throw out viability.
They might not address viability but just talk about undue burden so technically not overturn it.

The question will be what happens when a state tries 6 weeks which is like zero.
Then perhaps Roberts and Barrett could say it is an undue burden to make it virtually impossible to abort before you even are aware and 15 weeks was fine.

I think thats where it is going.
Roe v Wade had the 2 prongs. The viability part is going overboard but not with the ship.
12/5/2021 8:53 AM
Bob Dole has left Planet Earth at age 98.
Of course he was a legend of the republican party bt (before Trump ).
A major force in the senate and a presidential candidate, he retired in 1996 after losing to Clinton. He was a rock star of the party and a rock a feller but he went to his political convention in the sky as a trumper which is sad as it will tarnish a career that could have been a symbol of a legitimate former party.

What he did is show is that the old GOP always had
a hidden desire for a brand of hard right autocracy but they could not get a george wallace type elected until trump and most-if not all of the old republicans who supported Gingrich are Trump supporters too.

Dole was vocal and happy to talk of his support for Trump in 16 and 20 but was vocal that he lost fair and square. Im not sure about what he said about trump in terms of the insurrection.

I wonder if Trump attends the funeral
or if he says anything of substance about Dole since Dole admitted that Trump lost.

He will not go down in history as a man of wisdom.
12/5/2021 1:04 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...68|69|70|71|72...174 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.