BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Posted by tangplay on 7/7/2021 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Also, I looked it up, and the mayor of Vancouver is Kennedy Stewart, a progressive social democrat, probably to the left of Biden.

So maybe left wing leadership is OK!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Vancouver has had whacky Mayors for the last 20 years.. No argument there.. KS is not the worst, either..

The point is that Canadians obviously have a much higher regard for human life, than our neighbors to the South.. and the statistics reflect that
7/8/2021 7:45 AM
Or less guns (by FAR!!) more SPACE (less people per square ft. or mile). AND less white nationalists who'd like to bring back slavery.

Plus, your female population DOES seem calmer and more interested in fraternization with males than many of our U.S. wimmin!!
That's cause we've had Ms. magazine and such for decades, not to mention Ms. Gloria Steinham and commies like her.
7/8/2021 8:35 AM
Patton Oswalt: “Im glad you like a book.”
7/8/2021 9:41 AM
Maybe Canada has a higher regard for human life because you have robust social/economic programs that mean less poverty, more economic mobility, and less crime. Have you thought about that being a possibility?
7/8/2021 1:06 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/8/2021 7:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/7/2021 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/6/2021 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 7/5/2021 9:06:00 AM (view original):
The doofuss should be muzzled, permanently!
He is in league with Beezlebubb.
He is a purveyor of LIES!!
BLOCK the Canuck!
Heh heh! This is how you talk to those who have different world views than yours. It is called being intolerant

and THEY can decide for themselves if they want to block me.
Do you even read what you post? How he talks about people with a different world view is intolerant??

so, when you say anyone who has not accepted Jesus as the savior, as you have, is going to hell, is that your idea of tolerance? Seems a bit intolerant to me..
I didn't make that up, Wylie. Here is the quote

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I am just the messenger.. Verse 16 and 17 show that he does love us

Here it is again
but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

So God makes you an offer of everlasting life. He offers eternal life in his Son. Offers total forgiveness of all sin, past present and future.. and you refuse that... is he then obligated to drag you into heaven against your will?? You make the choice, really

sorry, I choose not to follow a God who condemns you to hell if you don't follow a specific religion.
7/8/2021 1:29 PM
Republicans were tripping over themselves to talk about how rising lumber prices proved President Biden's policies were to blame for rampant inflation. Then lumber prices fell; they are down for the year now. Funny, we aren't hearing much about that now.

Anyway - thanks again, Joe!
7/14/2021 9:50 AM
supply & demand.

That's how its supposed to work!

Gasoline, too!
7/14/2021 10:43 AM
Sorry, but anybody reporting that lumber prices fell is full of sheit. Certainly not around where I live. I know several builders/ remodelers and they are still complaining about the rising prices.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see prices go down on groceries or gasoline during the pandemic,. Pretty sure nobody did. Also pretty sure that shoots holes is your lame attempt to justify them now. If you refuse to accept those facts, how about the fact that prices are still higher now than when we were setting Economic records on a daily basis in 2019? Just acceot it: Biden's policies and promise (fear?) of more, is driving up prices.
7/14/2021 11:33 AM
All3, you just need to do the slightest bit of research to realize you are wrong.

Lumber prices ARE down right now.

Gas prices DID drop during the pandemic and are now correcting.

The reason why the price is spiking above where it was pre-pandemic is because of simple supply and demand. During the pandemic, demand for oil was down, so oil producers decreased their production to save money. Now demand is rising again (THANKS, BIDEN), but because it takes time to ramp production back up, the supply is still low. So what happens when you have lower supply and higher demand? PRICES RISE. This is econ 101 stuff, and you'll find this out if you do even basic research.

There are also other smaller factors like Texas's weather problems and OPEC negotiations that also affect oil prices, but no factor has anything to do with Biden. I cannot find a single expert in oil prices that would fault Biden for the price raises. What policy has Biden passed and implemented that would contribute to the price increases?

Someone quote this post so that if all3 won't do even a basic amount of research, someone else did it for him.
7/14/2021 12:07 PM (edited)
By the way, if you notice on the chart, the prices already started to rise under Trump and had a big spike when vaccines were starting to become more widely distributed and people were driving more.
7/14/2021 12:07 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/14/2021 12:07:00 PM (view original):
All3, you just need to do the slightest bit of research to realize you are wrong.

Lumber prices ARE down right now.

Gas prices DID drop during the pandemic and are now correcting.

The reason why the price is spiking above where it was pre-pandemic is because of simple supply and demand. During the pandemic, demand for oil was down, so oil producers decreased their production to save money. Now demand is rising again (THANKS, BIDEN), but because it takes time to ramp production back up, the supply is still low. So what happens when you have lower supply and higher demand? PRICES RISE. This is econ 101 stuff, and you'll find this out if you do even basic research.

There are also other smaller factors like Texas's weather problems and OPEC negotiations that also affect oil prices, but no factor has anything to do with Biden. I cannot find a single expert in oil prices that would fault Biden for the price raises. What policy has Biden passed and implemented that would contribute to the price increases?

Someone quote this post so that if all3 won't do even a basic amount of research, someone else did it for him.
#nailedit
7/14/2021 12:25 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/14/2021 10:43:00 AM (view original):
supply & demand.

That's how its supposed to work!

Gasoline, too!
Yup
7/14/2021 12:25 PM
I, like most Americans don't care about National Averages - I care about me, my friends and family and my surroundings. I know what prices are, and were here. If you think Biden's politics and plans don't have anything to do with rising prices, then I say enjoy your pipe dream.

How does your supply and demand theory explain the sudden turnaround back in April/May of 2020? That was the height of Covid. More and more people were staying in, NOT going out and buying. With demand so low, and certainly not rising, why the price increases?
7/14/2021 1:53 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/14/2021 1:53:00 PM (view original):
I, like most Americans don't care about National Averages - I care about me, my friends and family and my surroundings. I know what prices are, and were here. If you think Biden's politics and plans don't have anything to do with rising prices, then I say enjoy your pipe dream.

How does your supply and demand theory explain the sudden turnaround back in April/May of 2020? That was the height of Covid. More and more people were staying in, NOT going out and buying. With demand so low, and certainly not rising, why the price increases?
His policies made the supply scarce.. Kill the Pipeline, and claw back oil production. SO you will buy foreign oil..

That said, I just watched a clip of Biden addressing the media re pulling out of Afghanistan.. I liked what he said and how he said it..

They should napalm all the poppy fields there first

Should have pulled out ten years ago
7/14/2021 2:07 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/14/2021 1:53:00 PM (view original):

I cannot find a single expert on the issue who blames Biden for the price increases. Anyone who blames Biden is only doing so for political reasons and doesn't understand basic economics.

Demand DID rise in April/May. If you remember, around March was the time when everyone was in quarantine. By April/May, cases were rising, but people were quarantining less and less. Another explanation could be that by the time May rolled around, oil production had decreased enough to raise prices again. Or do you think the prices rose because of some Trump policy?
7/14/2021 2:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...140 Next ▸
BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.