Round 1 Themes, 2021 Topic

The 110 took me the longest by far. Even then, I’m definitely not satisfied.
4/29/2021 3:19 PM
The 70 million was difficult but the two 110 teams took me the longest as well.
I finally have both finished, but now I don't know which one to enter in this round and which one to save. I can't decide which is the better team. And then even if I could, do you use the better team now or save it for the next round?
I also have two 90 million teams built which I can't decide between.
5/2/2021 2:53 PM
I think this was answered earlier, but just to clarify. For the 70M league, what needs to match at the end are the AVG and OAV in the *projected* not *actual* lines. Is that right?
5/5/2021 9:56 PM
Posted by brianjw on 5/5/2021 9:56:00 PM (view original):
I think this was answered earlier, but just to clarify. For the 70M league, what needs to match at the end are the AVG and OAV in the *projected* not *actual* lines. Is that right?
Correct. The projected stats are what is verified
5/6/2021 1:07 AM
For the $110M, I know we can use different parks for Round 1 and Round 2, but do we have to commit to a park now for Round 2 when we submit our Round 2 rosters for verification?

Thinking about it as I was typing, it seems like we should have to, because I'd like to wait to choose based on what kinds of rosters I can project other people to have from seeing their Round 1 rosters.
5/6/2021 10:05 AM
At the 110 cap, One of my teams is at 54 mil 54 mil split between hitting and pitching. 108 mil. There is just no way I could get any closer without causing havoc.

The other team is at 63 mil hitting and 46 mil pitching and it is right up against the cap.

I think I'll go with the more balanced team the first round.
5/6/2021 5:44 PM
Posted by 06gsp on 5/6/2021 10:05:00 AM (view original):
For the $110M, I know we can use different parks for Round 1 and Round 2, but do we have to commit to a park now for Round 2 when we submit our Round 2 rosters for verification?

Thinking about it as I was typing, it seems like we should have to, because I'd like to wait to choose based on what kinds of rosters I can project other people to have from seeing their Round 1 rosters.
Yes, that will be part of the team submission process for Round 2 rosters in a few weeks.
5/6/2021 6:41 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 5/6/2021 5:44:00 PM (view original):
At the 110 cap, One of my teams is at 54 mil 54 mil split between hitting and pitching. 108 mil. There is just no way I could get any closer without causing havoc.

The other team is at 63 mil hitting and 46 mil pitching and it is right up against the cap.

I think I'll go with the more balanced team the first round.
Was very proud that I was able to get less than $50k in extra cap for both squads. Whether they’re any good is still to be seen
5/6/2021 11:25 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 5/6/2021 1:07:00 AM (view original):
That's not at all obvious and not everybody reads every page here. There could be a lot of bad rosters and a lot of angry owners just when the league should be starting. A lot of wasted effort and it's not a 10 minute fix.
5/7/2021 12:47 AM (edited)
Posted by rbow923 on 5/7/2021 12:47:00 AM (view original):
That's not at all obvious and not everybody reads every page here. There could be a lot of bad rosters and a lot of angry owners just when the league should be starting. A lot of wasted effort and it's not a 10 minute fix.
It might be good to add this to the Q&A on page 1, and maybe verify whatever rosters have already been entered so people have 3 weeks to make corrections.
5/7/2021 10:12 AM
I expect ozomatli will have his master verification spreadsheet ready to go soon...I will certainly use it to verify all the teams in the leagues I am commissioner for, as soon as possible, so that I can alert anyone as to errors. I am already checking for the things that are relatively easy to do at a glance (compliance with ballpark rules in the various themes, for example.)
5/7/2021 10:23 AM
My rosters are ready. I presume that I will be notified in some manner as to what my league numbers will be. I am really only writing this to get into the thread so it's easier to follow later.
5/7/2021 11:43 AM
Posted by brianjw on 5/7/2021 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rbow923 on 5/7/2021 12:47:00 AM (view original):
It might be good to add this to the Q&A on page 1, and maybe verify whatever rosters have already been entered so people have 3 weeks to make corrections.
This has already been added to Page 1
5/7/2021 12:03 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 5/7/2021 10:23:00 AM (view original):
I expect ozomatli will have his master verification spreadsheet ready to go soon...I will certainly use it to verify all the teams in the leagues I am commissioner for, as soon as possible, so that I can alert anyone as to errors. I am already checking for the things that are relatively easy to do at a glance (compliance with ballpark rules in the various themes, for example.)
I will have the verification spreadsheet ready next week
5/7/2021 12:03 PM
Posted by GeorgeHRuth on 5/7/2021 11:43:00 AM (view original):
My rosters are ready. I presume that I will be notified in some manner as to what my league numbers will be. I am really only writing this to get into the thread so it's easier to follow later.
Your league numbers are available in the other thread
5/7/2021 12:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Round 1 Themes, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.