Seble is wrong Topic

Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/24/2020 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 7:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Please post a study with the opposite result. I have 3 going in my direction. I'll wait.
i already have you fail to actually watch the videos and hear someone else talk besides yourself, im done talking to you , your like talking to a brick wall.. I hope you take the time to actually listen to someone else...
Study = YouTube video, the next generation of conservatives are going to be left in the dust if their parents teach them to think this way. My god, their parents think this way.
Youtube is just a platfrom of videos, you can check there facebooks or anything else for the same videos, its just a way of making money, anyone not making money from youtube doesnt understand this.
This is the single biggest embarrassing self-own I’ve read in weeks. It’s the Sistine Chapel of stupid.

1. Oh, is that what YouTube is? And why it’s not comparable to a study? Ever cite a YouTube video in your high school paper, you boob?
2. It’s on Facebooks too? Oh well then.
3. “It’s just a way of making money, anyone not making money from YouTube doesn’t understand this.”

He wrote this. How long would it take for this sentence to sink in and for him to get what it actually means.

Yeah, I don’t think we’re the ones who don’t understand how YouTube’s economics works.
6/24/2020 8:23 PM
So, I confess that over the past couple years I've become intensely interested in questions like why do any of us arrive at tightly held opinions. Why do we believe what we believe? What does it realistically take to get me to change my mind, or at least open my mind a bit, regarding a deep conviction? And why should anyone else's mind work differently than mine does?

Okay, so here's a more direct question. Why do you (anyone who cares to answer) trust the sources of information you trust? And why doesn't everyone else do the same thing and trust the same sources?
6/24/2020 8:24 PM
I will sleep good tonight knowing i actually contributed to this post in a positive way, and not blindly attacking somone casue they have a different opinion. The true racist showed there true colors here today and i expected nothing less from Democrats. Good Night i wont be back to the forum for awhile as im not a big poster as you can see by my post count i have a family to actually enjoy.
6/24/2020 8:37 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sinatra on 6/24/2020 7:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 6/24/2020 6:59:00 PM (view original):
isn't it sad that WhatifSports making a statement that they are against racism is causing all this posting. How many of you are for racism?
Apparently at least a few people. Except they don't think that "dancing around actually saying racism is good but doing absolutely everything to defend racism" counts as saying racism is good. But someone that stupid can't expected to be very good at dealing with the concept of inferencing.
actually every person i have seen on here has been against racism , but nice try.
Look, I believe that *you believe* that you’re not racist.

...but if you spend your entire day on a forum explaining how black people being disproportionately imprisoned (at about 3x the rate), pulled over more, denied jobs more, etc etc etc is actually black people’s fault for committing more crimes...then well, you’re a racist.

The statement was “racism is bad” and it led to you spending an entire day being offended and making arguments against it. Let it go. Do some soul searching. Become a better person. Then become an ally.
6/24/2020 8:38 PM
It's tribalism. To have the positions that this person has, one must reject all cognitive dissonance and go full ape brain when challenged. It would be far easier to just change your position. Of course, it seems that this person has a monetary interest in keeping their worldview. Too much of a ***** to link their YouTube channel, though.

The added benefit to an open mind is that you get to "sleep good".
6/24/2020 8:45 PM
Guys. Your sounds like your.
6/24/2020 8:54 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/24/2020 8:54:00 PM (view original):
Guys. Your sounds like your.
Oh come on. Don’t be a grammar Nazi. Just be a regular Nazi!
6/24/2020 8:56 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 8:38:00 PM (view original):
isn't it sad that WhatifSports making a statement that they are against racism is causing all this posting. How many of you are for racism?
Apparently at least a few people. Except they don't think that "dancing around actually saying racism is good but doing absolutely everything to defend racism" counts as saying racism is good. But someone that stupid can't expected to be very good at dealing with the concept of inferencing.
actually every person i have seen on here has been against racism , but nice try.

...but if you spend your entire day on a forum explaining how black people being disproportionately imprisoned (at about 3x the rate), pulled over more, denied jobs more, etc etc etc is actually black people’s fault for committing more crimes...then well, you’re a racist.

The statement was “racism is bad” and it led to you spending an entire day being offended and making arguments against it. Let it go. Do some soul searching. Become a better person. Then become an ally.
I really think what irks a lot of people is not the message itself but that this message is being crammed down our throat. If you are a regular user of social media (moreso if you're in a younger demographic), you have been preached to for about the last month by your social justice obsessed friends. You have been told about your privilege. You've been told that if you do not speak up it's tantamount to being a racist. If you made an instagram page with a puppy theme and you posted a puppy on June 2 you likely had somebody tell you you were insensitive. Political discussion in this country is toxic right now, and a lot of people do revert to tribalism when everything is presented in terms of racial, sexual, gender identity etc. In your mind, I am probably one of the problems here, but I really think a lot of reasonable people are vehemently against racism while also being vehemently against the way the discussion about it is being presented right now.
6/24/2020 8:56 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 6/24/2020 8:56:00 PM (view original):

I really think what irks a lot of people is not the message itself but that this message is being crammed down our throat. If you are a regular user of social media (moreso if you're in a younger demographic), you have been preached to for about the last month by your social justice obsessed friends. You have been told about your privilege. You've been told that if you do not speak up it's tantamount to being a racist. If you made an instagram page with a puppy theme and you posted a puppy on June 2 you likely had somebody tell you you were insensitive. Political discussion in this country is toxic right now, and a lot of people do revert to tribalism when everything is presented in terms of racial, sexual, gender identity etc. In your mind, I am probably one of the problems here, but I really think a lot of reasonable people are vehemently against racism while also being vehemently against the way the discussion about it is being presented right now.
Great - here’s the solution: when we live in a world where someone says “racism is bad” and everyone else just says “yeah, duh. No s#it” instead of arguing against it...THEN you’ll see less people fighting for change because change won’t be needed. Don’t do the resisting and you won’t have to worry about the resistance.
6/24/2020 8:58 PM
I cannot recommend the works of Jonathan Haidt enough. He's a renowned social psychologist, teaches at NYU, and does not make his living by posting YouTube vids.
6/24/2020 9:00 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 8:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 6/24/2020 8:56:00 PM (view original):

Great - here’s the solution: when we live in a world where someone says “racism is bad” and everyone else just says “yeah, duh. No s#it” instead of arguing against it...THEN you’ll see less people fighting for change because change won’t be needed. Don’t do the resisting and you won’t have to worry about the resistance.
Was "racism is bad" the entire message? Or was it "racism is bad and you (if you're white) likely have underlying racist tendencies you need to reflect on" ?Also, by the way, you have a ton of unearned privilege (not something WIS said but something that is being posted all over the place right now, a very mainstream sentiment). Some people react negatively to that. Even if the statement is true, it is a way to alienate potential allies. Nobody wants to be told that they did not earn the things they have (I have seen very liberal but boomer age folks react very negatively when presented with the white privilege argument).
6/24/2020 9:06 PM
You're misunderstanding what white privilege means. It doesn't mean that everything you have is unearned. It just means that you have some inherent advantages due to being white. You don't need to apologize for it, but you do have an obligation (as does everyone) to work towards making the system better.
6/24/2020 9:08 PM
I would much rather have to “deal” with seeing unity messages on Facebook and WIS than have a higher chance that me or my family could be arrested or murdered by police for little to no reason.
6/24/2020 9:11 PM
I do see what you mean by that. I have had the thought before while on a long road trip and stopping in smaller towns for gas or what-have-you - I would feel a lot more uncomfortable right now if I was black. On the flip side, there are definitely neighborhoods in my city where you are more of a target (and hence less safe) if you are white. I will grant there are probably significantly more examples of the former.
6/24/2020 9:16 PM
I’m glad you concede that point. Additional food for thought: those neighborhoods you speak of are tough for white people because some of the people living there might be biased, right? Well those are just regular people holding a bias. Many of the institutions that hold bias against blacks people are just that: institutions. Jobs. Police. Judges.
6/24/2020 9:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...22 Next ▸
Seble is wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.