Seble is wrong Topic

Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 6:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Woah. Did you actually read the article? It cites DOZENS of credible studies suggesting a racial bias! Please actually read the article, this isn't just one author's opinion.

I can even quote some of it if you are too lazy to read through it all.
Of course i read it nowherw does it state being black and driving a nice car results in a 10% for example chance of being pulled over vs a for example only a 5% chance for someone else being pulled over...i dont see any real evidence only someones opinion

Here's one example (of MANY):

A 2019 study of police stops in Cincinnati found that black motorists were 30 percent more likely to be pulled over than white motorists. Black motorists also comprised 76 percent of arrests following a traffic stop despite making up 43 percent of the city’s population. It’s worth noting, again, that multiple studies have shown that searches of white motorists are slightly more likely to turn up contraband than searches of black motorists.

A 2020 report on 1.8 million police stops by the eight largest law enforcement agencies in California found that blacks were stopped at a rate 2.5 times higher than the per capita rate of whites. The report also found that black people were far more likely to be stopped for “reasonable suspicion” (as opposed to actually breaking a law) and were three times more likely than any other group to be searched, even though searches of white people were more likely to turn up contraband.

This is not OPINION. This is a FACT. It is a study. Can you please explain why this disparity exists?

Note: More studies have shown that the later in the day (and thus harder it becomes to see), the less this disparity exists. Want to guess why? (Hint: It's because the cops can't see that the driver is WHITE OR BLACK as easily)
Still waiting.. tick tock.
With out looking at it more, my guess is that blacks are pulled over more because they commit more of the crimes and fit the description of said suspect , but thats my opinion and not a fact, i leave the facts to people who know them, thats why i forward you to people with more information than i have . I dont know everything thats why im open to hear all sides .
1. That's called systemic racism. What you described is what I am talking about. Black people "fit the description of a criminal" and thus are pulled over more.
2. You really think that explains a 2.5 times difference? Can you see how this disparity might harm black people?

Alright. Let's try another.

A survey of data from the U.S. Sentencing Commission in 2017 found that when black men and white men commit the same crime, black men on average receive a sentence almost 20 percent longer. The research controlled for variables such as age and prior criminal history.

A 2018 review of academic research found that at nearly all levels of the criminal justice system, “disparities in policing and punishment within the black population along the colour continuum are often comparable to or even exceed disparities between blacks and whites as a whole.” That is, the darker the skin of a black person, the greater the disparity in arrests, charges, conviction rates and sentencing.

As in, when a white person and a black person enter court charged with the same crime, with the same priors, the black person will, on average, be sentenced to a longer time in prison. Explain away.

Well that is a easy one, that is known as Money, it has nothing to do with race either ask O.J.
OMG....of course, it always goes back to OJ. One black guy one time gets away with it and some white people will never forgive black people for it.
6/24/2020 7:37 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 6:48:00 PM (view original):
Woah. Did you actually read the article? It cites DOZENS of credible studies suggesting a racial bias! Please actually read the article, this isn't just one author's opinion.

Of course i read it nowherw does it state being black and driving a nice car results in a 10% for example chance of being pulled over vs a for example only a 5% chance for someone else being pulled over...i dont see any real evidence only someones opinion

A 2019 study of police stops in Cincinnati found that black motorists were 30 percent more likely to be pulled over than white motorists. Black motorists also comprised 76 percent of arrests following a traffic stop despite making up 43 percent of the city’s population. It’s worth noting, again, that multiple studies have shown that searches of white motorists are slightly more likely to turn up contraband than searches of black motorists.

A 2020 report on 1.8 million police stops by the eight largest law enforcement agencies in California found that blacks were stopped at a rate 2.5 times higher than the per capita rate of whites. The report also found that black people were far more likely to be stopped for “reasonable suspicion” (as opposed to actually breaking a law) and were three times more likely than any other group to be searched, even though searches of white people were more likely to turn up contraband.

This is not OPINION. This is a FACT. It is a study. Can you please explain why this disparity exists?

Note: More studies have shown that the later in the day (and thus harder it becomes to see), the less this disparity exists. Want to guess why? (Hint: It's because the cops can't see that the driver is WHITE OR BLACK as easily)
With out looking at it more, my guess is that blacks are pulled over more because they commit more of the crimes and fit the description of said suspect , but thats my opinion and not a fact, i leave the facts to people who know them, thats why i forward you to people with more information than i have . I dont know everything thats why im open to hear all sides .
1. That's called systemic racism. What you described is what I am talking about. Black people "fit the description of a criminal" and thus are pulled over more.
2. You really think that explains a 2.5 times difference? Can you see how this disparity might harm black people?

A survey of data from the U.S. Sentencing Commission in 2017 found that when black men and white men commit the same crime, black men on average receive a sentence almost 20 percent longer. The research controlled for variables such as age and prior criminal history.

A 2018 review of academic research found that at nearly all levels of the criminal justice system, “disparities in policing and punishment within the black population along the colour continuum are often comparable to or even exceed disparities between blacks and whites as a whole.” That is, the darker the skin of a black person, the greater the disparity in arrests, charges, conviction rates and sentencing.

As in, when a white person and a black person enter court charged with the same crime, with the same priors, the black person will, on average, be sentenced to a longer time in prison. Explain away.

Well that is a easy one, that is known as Money, it has nothing to do with race either ask O.J.
Nope. The studies adjust for economic status. They compare black and white people of a similar class. Try again.
Longer list of previous crimes.
The study literally accounts for prior crimes, lol, it says so right there
6/24/2020 8:01 PM (edited)
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/24/2020 7:42:00 PM (view original):

Nope. The studies adjust for economic status. They compare black and white people of a similar class. Try again.
The study literally accounts for prior crimes, lo, it says so right there
anything copied and pasted can easily be fake, and also just cause its a article in some newspapers doesnt mean its real info either thats why its important to cross verify
6/24/2020 7:44 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 7:44:00 PM (view original):

anything copied and pasted can easily be fake, and also just cause its a article in some newspapers doesnt mean its real info either thats why its important to cross verify
I think you're a troll
6/24/2020 7:51 PM
Too obtuse................ or just plain nuts.
UofA2 and sinatra have this clown nailed.
Either that or he's a troll................... or Eric T.
6/24/2020 7:52 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 7:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Please post a study with the opposite result. I have 3 going in my direction. I'll wait.
i already have you fail to actually watch the videos and hear someone else talk besides yourself, im done talking to you , your like talking to a brick wall.. I hope you take the time to actually listen to someone else...
Study = YouTube video, the next generation of conservatives are going to be left in the dust if their parents teach them to think this way. My god, their parents think this way.
6/24/2020 8:05 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/24/2020 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Please post a study with the opposite result. I have 3 going in my direction. I'll wait.
i already have you fail to actually watch the videos and hear someone else talk besides yourself, im done talking to you , your like talking to a brick wall.. I hope you take the time to actually listen to someone else...
Study = YouTube video, the next generation of conservatives are going to be left in the dust if their parents teach them to think this way. My god, their parents think this way.
Youtube is just a platfrom of videos, you can check there facebooks or anything else for the same videos, its just a way of making money, anyone not making money from youtube doesnt understand this.
6/24/2020 8:09 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 6/24/2020 7:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 7:44:00 PM (view original):

I think you're a troll
says the troll whos trolling my post? good 1
6/24/2020 8:10 PM
you do realize im 33 and not 18 right? i grew up in the computer era, where we fact checks things through multiple sources and not fake news which is 90% of the media , which is why i dont and wont trust any news source , it has to be independent ran .
6/24/2020 8:12 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Youtube is just a platfrom of videos, you can check there facebooks or anything else for the same videos, its just a way of making money, anyone not making money from youtube doesnt understand this.
LLLLOOOOOLLLLLL

6/24/2020 8:13 PM
Haha you dont make that youtube money like me!
6/24/2020 8:15 PM
Absolute troll
6/24/2020 8:16 PM
heres another black guy telling you the same thing but you wont watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_b0tQrzc4

but its on youtube and not CNN so you wont watch it LOLOLOLOL
6/24/2020 8:17 PM
I think Juggalosteve has returned.
6/24/2020 8:19 PM
Black guy saying his opinion = 3 peer reviewed independent studies

Nice. I've done my charity work for the day. This dude is even getting clowned on by the right. I'll wait for someone to defend him.
6/24/2020 8:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...22 Next ▸
Seble is wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.