Seble is wrong Topic

I don't care about offending racists.
6/24/2020 2:01 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 6/24/2020 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Don't pick at someone's grammar or spelling on this site. My daughter's wicked smart, but she's not good and grammar or spelling. And she's good at plenty of things I suck at.
It was a low blow and I shouldn’t have.

I’m going to leave this thread and do real life stuff. I leave my stance as: racism is bad, and if you feel the need to add a “but...” when hearing “racism is bad”, then you’re probably bad too.

6/24/2020 2:01 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by longtallbrad on 6/24/2020 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Don't pick at someone's grammar or spelling on this site. My daughter's wicked smart, but she's not good and grammar or spelling. And she's good at plenty of things I suck at.
It was a low blow and I shouldn’t have.

I’m going to leave this thread and do real life stuff. I leave my stance as: racism is bad, and if you feel the need to add a “but...” when hearing “racism is bad”, then you’re probably bad too.

I havent seen 1 person say racism isnt bad...we have all agreed on that part...people have different opinions on what is racism and is the u.s is racist, which its not...
6/24/2020 2:51 PM
Its important to have a open mind on topics and see others point of view, im a big stat guy, so i deal with facts, evidence, things that can be proven. Not hearsay, not what the media tells you, facts cold hard facts, if anyone has a video defending blm i would love to watch it i watch videos all day from both sides, i just dont get alot of factual info from the blm side, but the all lives matter side if u wanna call it that, most deal with facts as to why, i dont expect to change anyones opinion but rather open the dialogue so you do have the facts and can then make a educated decision. Again racism is wrong on any level we are all created equal .
6/24/2020 2:56 PM
"WhatIfSports would like to make it clear that we oppose racism and hate in any form. It's easy to spot overt forms of racism, but there are many more cases where it is more subtle. We must all honestly reflect on our own prejudices, behavior, and beliefs in order to make a better world. WhatIfSports is about competition of course, but it's also about community. Let's enjoy our common love of sports and games, but also celebrate our differences as people.

We would also like to remind everyone about our policy against personal attacks and offensive language in the site forums and in league chat. We won't tolerate people attacking each other for any reason, so please be respectful in your conversations. Please report any violations of this policy to us by submitting a support ticket and avoid escalating the situation by responding."

WTH did I miss?
Can someone please explain to me what was wrong (in some user's opinion?) with Seble's post. (requoted above)

I'd appreciate it.

Now, I think I read something about the U.S and racism.

Maybe a nutty statement.
So, let me be clear.

From ANY Historical viewpoint of THIS Country that I love dearly (The good ol U.S. of A.---our Representative Democracy that we inherited!)
These United States of America have held populaces of very racist citizens.
To deny that is re-writing Historical TRUTH and is a blatant attempt at supporting that ill which has hovered over our people since inception.

We must face facts. Many of us ARE racist, HAVE racist tendencies..........perhaps on both sides, black and white!
Until we truly overcome this "failure" of intellect and spiritual sickness that many of us (also) inherited I fear we can never be a united people.
And are thus doomed to repeat our great National evil over and over again, until we are no more. And the great experiment of freedom is extinguished by the hate and evil of the people who betrayed the trust that they were given!
Shame on us all.
6/24/2020 3:09 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Its important to have a open mind on topics and see others point of view, im a big stat guy, so i deal with facts, evidence, things that can be proven. Not hearsay, not what the media tells you, facts cold hard facts, if anyone has a video defending blm i would love to watch it i watch videos all day from both sides, i just dont get alot of factual info from the blm side, but the all lives matter side if u wanna call it that, most deal with facts as to why, i dont expect to change anyones opinion but rather open the dialogue so you do have the facts and can then make a educated decision. Again racism is wrong on any level we are all created equal .
I want you to do me a favor. Go to google scholar (or google if you are bold), type in "racism in the criminal justice system", and read for about an hour. Then come back and we can have a discussion. Can you do that?

If you want this to be even easier, you can read this article. It's full of facts and figures.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/opinions/systemic-racism-police-evidence-criminal-justice-system/
6/24/2020 3:24 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/24/2020 3:09:00 PM (view original):
"WhatIfSports would like to make it clear that we oppose racism and hate in any form. It's easy to spot overt forms of racism, but there are many more cases where it is more subtle. We must all honestly reflect on our own prejudices, behavior, and beliefs in order to make a better world. WhatIfSports is about competition of course, but it's also about community. Let's enjoy our common love of sports and games, but also celebrate our differences as people.

We would also like to remind everyone about our policy against personal attacks and offensive language in the site forums and in league chat. We won't tolerate people attacking each other for any reason, so please be respectful in your conversations. Please report any violations of this policy to us by submitting a support ticket and avoid escalating the situation by responding."

WTH did I miss?
Can someone please explain to me what was wrong (in some user's opinion?) with Seble's post. (requoted above)

I'd appreciate it.

Maybe a nutty statement.
So, let me be clear.

From ANY Historical viewpoint of THIS Country that I love dearly (The good ol U.S. of A.---our Representative Democracy that we inherited!)
To deny that is re-writing Historical TRUTH and is a blatant attempt at supporting that ill which has hovered over our people since inception.

We must face facts. Many of us ARE racist, HAVE racist tendencies..........perhaps on both sides, black and white!
Until we truly overcome this "failure" of intellect and spiritual sickness that many of us (also) inherited I fear we can never be a united people.
And are thus doomed to repeat our great National evil over and over again, until we are no more. And the great experiment of freedom is extinguished by the hate and evil of the people who betrayed the trust that they were given!
Shame on us all.
This is more enlightened centrism. This is not a problem from both sides. This is a problem of white supremacy.
6/24/2020 3:33 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 2:56:00 PM (view original):
I want you to do me a favor. Go to google scholar (or google if you are bold), type in "racism in the criminal justice system", and read for about an hour. Then come back and we can have a discussion. Can you do that?

If you want this to be even easier, you can read this article. It's full of facts and figures.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/opinions/systemic-racism-police-evidence-criminal-justice-system/
Good try, but there is no factual information that supports this, this is hearsay from one person, i can tell you countless times i was wrongfully pulled over , searched, guns pointed at my head, all those happened to me, the difference is i never once tbought it was racist for them to do so. When you have a victim mentally you will always be a victim of something that never happened.
6/24/2020 3:34 PM
Woah. Did you actually read the article? It cites DOZENS of credible studies suggesting a racial bias! Please actually read the article, this isn't just one author's opinion.

I can even quote some of it if you are too lazy to read through it all.
6/24/2020 3:38 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/24/2020 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Woah. Did you actually read the article? It cites DOZENS of credible studies suggesting a racial bias! Please actually read the article, this isn't just one author's opinion.

Haven't read the article yet, but it very clearly looks to be an opinion piece
6/24/2020 3:40 PM
“It’s important to have an open mind. Except me, I don’t need to have one because I know BLM is a terrorist group and the facts all support that.”
6/24/2020 3:40 PM
Posted by coreander on 6/24/2020 3:33:00 PM (view original):

WTH did I miss?

I'd appreciate it.

Maybe a nutty statement.
So, let me be clear.

Shame on us all.
This is more enlightened centrism. This is not a problem from both sides. This is a problem of white supremacy.
And yours is an incoherent response of trite buzzwords. Today's fad. Kinda like "Peace and Love" was back in the 60's.
Youthful buzzwords from the less experienced is NOT gonna Change anything.
6/24/2020 3:43 PM

Of course i read it nowherw does it state being black and driving a nice car results in a 10% for example chance of being pulled over vs a for example only a 5% chance for someone else being pulled over...i dont see any real evidence only someones opinion
6/24/2020 3:52 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/24/2020 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coreander on 6/24/2020 3:33:00 PM (view original):

WTH did I miss?

I'd appreciate it.

Maybe a nutty statement.
So, let me be clear.

Shame on us all.
And yours is an incoherent response of trite buzzwords. Today's fad. Kinda like "Peace and Love" was back in the 60's.
Youthful buzzwords from the less experienced is NOT gonna Change anything.
Its not about what the post said btw, its where its coming from that i dont like, but isnt the reason for this thread, this thread is titled this way because seble wanted to open up a discussion something he started, and closed it once someone said if i cant say what i want ill take my money and leave so he deleted the post and closed the thread, and i think he is wrong for that , he just doesnt want to be held accountable for something, so either dont bring it up and this would not be going on since it is his workplace and politics need to be left out of the workplace. For us we do not work for wis we are just customers and just like the nfl money talks and bs walks, money stops flowing so does the kneeling...Most decisions are based on money not anything else.
6/24/2020 3:57 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 3:52:00 PM (view original):

Of course i read it nowherw does it state being black and driving a nice car results in a 10% for example chance of being pulled over vs a for example only a 5% chance for someone else being pulled over...i dont see any real evidence only someones opinion

Here's one example (of MANY):

A 2019 study of police stops in Cincinnati found that black motorists were 30 percent more likely to be pulled over than white motorists. Black motorists also comprised 76 percent of arrests following a traffic stop despite making up 43 percent of the city’s population. It’s worth noting, again, that multiple studies have shown that searches of white motorists are slightly more likely to turn up contraband than searches of black motorists.

A 2020 report on 1.8 million police stops by the eight largest law enforcement agencies in California found that blacks were stopped at a rate 2.5 times higher than the per capita rate of whites. The report also found that black people were far more likely to be stopped for “reasonable suspicion” (as opposed to actually breaking a law) and were three times more likely than any other group to be searched, even though searches of white people were more likely to turn up contraband.

This is not OPINION. This is a FACT. It is a study. Can you please explain why this disparity exists?

Note: More studies have shown that the later in the day (and thus harder it becomes to see), the less this disparity exists. Want to guess why? (Hint: It's because the cops can't see that the driver is WHITE OR BLACK as easily)
6/24/2020 4:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...22 Next ▸
Seble is wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.