Seble is wrong Topic

Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 6/24/2020 6:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 6/24/2020 5:36:00 AM (view original):
Play the games and shut the hell up people. As someone above mentioned, this ain't the platform for this. Sure, seble brought it up. I assume that's because of "a reason" unknown to me. But who cares! There's no reason to stand up to a site and prove your strength. Cool, you're an outspoken citizen. That's great. But just set your games and watch them play out. The end.

I often wonder if some of you guys do this in every situation in life.....

Customer.... "no toilet paper in the bathroom"
gas station clerk.... "sorry, we are out"
customer..... "oh my God, all lives matter. Blah blah blah"

Just wipe your *** and get on with it! Play site games and get on with it. Who gives a **** about freedom of speech and **** when you're playing an internet game?! All I care about is did I win or lose, and on to the next. I LOVE this community. I have friends here, I have people here that I don't like. I see things every day in life that I don't like. I try to be the best me I can be, and control what I can control. Some of you are just waiting to erupt with your beliefs as soon as an avenue is created. For what? No one here cares! Speak your mind all you want. Not one person is gonna care or remember your comments. We will all continue to set our teams and plays.....

Also, for those claiming he shouldn't have shut down the thread, he didn't close off all communication. You guys found your way here with a quickness, to continue your tears. He just shut down the one he started, so he didn't have to be tied to it to respond to all your rants. And I don't blame him one bit. The second he shut it down, we all knew this would pop up
Starting slow clap now..
I wasnt going to respond to this but now i have to, everything you said you, are a hyprocrite, you cant say dont complain and just play the game, nobody started this except seble. If all u care about is winning or losing on a fake game then u really have a bad life. If nobody cares why did u try to speak up and why have others? I dont think he should shut down the thread because of what it says mostly i agree with it, but i know the evil of where its coming from and i dont agree with that, however when you stat lets have a discussion and we was having one i even made sure to ask questions so i dont go over the line anywhere i fully respected his answer, it wasnt until someone threatened leaving the game if he would silence us for our beliefs, that he removed the post and the abilily to have a discussion, is where he is wrong and he if doesnt want a discussion he should remove the post as it doesnt make sense.
If you think for one second that you're changing anyone's mind with your posts on WIS forums about something as controversial as BLM then you are delusional and I feel sorry for you.
6/24/2020 1:30 PM
I’m not creating a straw man, I’m just not acknowledging yours. Seble’s statement was simply: racism is wrong and I don’t want hate speech on my website. Anything else added to it (“WhAt AbOuT tHe RiOtS?!?”) is a straw man and it is unfair to say I am creating a straw man when I am simply not acknowledging those straw men you and people who share your opinion have created.

The original topic at hand is “racism is bad” and that’s my stance as well. If you feel the need to add a “but...” to “racism is bad”, then you’re bad too.
6/24/2020 1:43 PM (edited)
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 12:45:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, let me correct myself.

Seble said racism is bad and some people compared racism to witchcraft.
hahahaha

"Figures that most people who think BLM is a racist statement can’t get the difference between your and you’re right."

I also found this one amusing. Perusing my own facebook feed, it's *amazing* how the most ignorant opinions also come from those who can't even grasp proper usage of the English language.
6/24/2020 1:33 PM
Posted by Benis on 6/24/2020 1:33:00 PM (view original):

hahahaha

"Figures that most people who think BLM is a racist statement can’t get the difference between your and you’re right."

I also found this one amusing. Perusing my own facebook feed, it's *amazing* how the most ignorant opinions also come from those who can't even grasp proper usage of the English language.
I didnt know we are in school here i thought we all had the mental capabilties in reading a word for what it is , no matter how you spell it its still your sounds the same as your ... idiots grammer nazis ill post a bunch of videos for the uneducated when im off work ...
6/24/2020 1:36 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 6:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 6/24/2020 5:36:00 AM (view original):
Play the games and shut the hell up people. As someone above mentioned, this ain't the platform for this. Sure, seble brought it up. I assume that's because of "a reason" unknown to me. But who cares! There's no reason to stand up to a site and prove your strength. Cool, you're an outspoken citizen. That's great. But just set your games and watch them play out. The end.

I often wonder if some of you guys do this in every situation in life.....

Customer.... "no toilet paper in the bathroom"
gas station clerk.... "sorry, we are out"
customer..... "oh my God, all lives matter. Blah blah blah"

Just wipe your *** and get on with it! Play site games and get on with it. Who gives a **** about freedom of speech and **** when you're playing an internet game?! All I care about is did I win or lose, and on to the next. I LOVE this community. I have friends here, I have people here that I don't like. I see things every day in life that I don't like. I try to be the best me I can be, and control what I can control. Some of you are just waiting to erupt with your beliefs as soon as an avenue is created. For what? No one here cares! Speak your mind all you want. Not one person is gonna care or remember your comments. We will all continue to set our teams and plays.....

Also, for those claiming he shouldn't have shut down the thread, he didn't close off all communication. You guys found your way here with a quickness, to continue your tears. He just shut down the one he started, so he didn't have to be tied to it to respond to all your rants. And I don't blame him one bit. The second he shut it down, we all knew this would pop up
We didnt bring this up , not sure if it was ever talked on the forums before this i have no idea, but the site admin literally said LETS HAVE A DISCUSSION , we tried to nobody said anything wrong and it was shut down...Exactly he doesnt want to monitor or actually do anything he realized he would actually have to hear what we said, he doesnt want to or even care what we had to say, only to push his agenda and leave it . He needs to honestly just take the post down if we cant have a real discussion.
He literally did NOT say LETS HAVE A DISCUSSION. Here is what the post said in it's entirety.

"WhatIfSports would like to make it clear that we oppose racism and hate in any form. It's easy to spot overt forms of racism, but there are many more cases where it is more subtle. We must all honestly reflect on our own prejudices, behavior, and beliefs in order to make a better world. WhatIfSports is about competition of course, but it's also about community. Let's enjoy our common love of sports and games, but also celebrate our differences as people.

We would also like to remind everyone about our policy against personal attacks and offensive language in the site forums and in league chat. We won't tolerate people attacking each other for any reason, so please be respectful in your conversations. Please report any violations of this policy to us by submitting a support ticket and avoid escalating the situation by responding."
6/24/2020 1:37 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 1:36:00 PM (view original):

hahahaha

I didnt know we are in school here i thought we all had the mental capabilties in reading a word for what it is , no matter how you spell it its still your sounds the same as your ... idiots grammer nazis ill post a bunch of videos for the uneducated when im off work ...
“your sounds the same as your”

This is gold. You can’t make this up.
6/24/2020 1:37 PM

hahahaha

hahah this post is gold. "it still sounds the same as your".

Well, you got us there, it does indeed sound the same! I can't believe I didn't notice that before.
6/24/2020 1:39 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 1:37:00 PM (view original):

hahahaha

“your sounds the same as your”

This is gold. You can’t make this up.
Did we just become best friends??

YUP
6/24/2020 1:40 PM
TWINS!

Let’s hold off for a second though. This guy who isn’t very good with language and gets mad at the statement “racism is bad” is going to show us some videos later today. That might change my mind, sorry man.
6/24/2020 1:44 PM
"videos for the uneducated."

oh. yay. can't wait.
6/24/2020 1:45 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 6/24/2020 1:27:00 PM (view original):
It means restating my argument, falsely, and then responding to that false restatement. Which brings up that point that nobody has responded to the substance of what I wrote.
I'll respond...and hopefully I'm responding to the substance you referred to here.

As far as I'm aware, I don't know anyone personally (of any color or heritage) who would say that racism has gotten worse. I would say that both intentional prejudice and unintentional bias have taken new forms or are expressed differently due to societal changes. For example, I've come across an increasing number of studies focusing on machine learning bias resulting in inequitable outcomes due to race or ethnicity. More and more judges are using computer algorithms to decide what sentence to impose based on the case's circumstances, and as a result convicted blacks tend to get harsher sentences than convicted whites for the same crime. And other algorithms are being used by medical practitioners to determine levels of risk and appropriate interventions. There's a lot of room for some population groups to get shafted if a lot of care doesn't go into scrubbing those kinds of programs from any inappropriate bias or inaccurate assumptions.

It's not that racism is new, and I wouldn't say it's getting worse. I do think a lot of people are getting more impatient, and a lot of people are paying closer attention to their own circumstances or to the treatment of others they care about.
6/24/2020 1:46 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 6/24/2020 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 6/24/2020 1:27:00 PM (view original):
It means restating my argument, falsely, and then responding to that false restatement. Which brings up that point that nobody has responded to the substance of what I wrote.
I'll respond...and hopefully I'm responding to the substance you referred to here.

As far as I'm aware, I don't know anyone personally (of any color or heritage) who would say that racism has gotten worse. I would say that both intentional prejudice and unintentional bias have taken new forms or are expressed differently due to societal changes. For example, I've come across an increasing number of studies focusing on machine learning bias resulting in inequitable outcomes due to race or ethnicity. More and more judges are using computer algorithms to decide what sentence to impose based on the case's circumstances, and as a result convicted blacks tend to get harsher sentences than convicted whites for the same crime. And other algorithms are being used by medical practitioners to determine levels of risk and appropriate interventions. There's a lot of room for some population groups to get shafted if a lot of care doesn't go into scrubbing those kinds of programs from any inappropriate bias or inaccurate assumptions.

It's not that racism is new, and I wouldn't say it's getting worse. I do think a lot of people are getting more impatient, and a lot of people are paying closer attention to their own circumstances or to the treatment of others they care about.
Thank you for this clearheaded response. I think we have more we agree on than disagree on.
6/24/2020 1:48 PM
Don't pick at someone's grammar or spelling on this site. My daughter's wicked smart, but she's not good and grammar or spelling. And she's good at plenty of things I suck at.
6/24/2020 1:48 PM
How much you want to bet that the "videos" are from Candace Owens or a literal Nazi?

Maybe Ben Shapiro or Steven Crowder, if we get real lucky.
6/24/2020 1:49 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 6/24/2020 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Don't pick at someone's grammar or spelling on this site. My daughter's wicked smart, but she's not good and grammar or spelling. And she's good at plenty of things I suck at.
Is your daughter older than 10?
6/24/2020 2:00 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...22 Next ▸
Seble is wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.