Seble is wrong Topic

We said: Black Lives Matter.

We never said: Only Black Lives Matter.

We know: That all lives matter.

We just need your help with Black Lives Matter.

For Black lives are in danger.
6/24/2020 11:30 AM
Posted by coreander on 6/24/2020 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Racism is the intersection of prejudice + power. You cannot be racist against those in power. Only prejudiced against them. This is textbook stuff that is denied only by fragile white people.
What he said.
6/24/2020 11:33 AM
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 9:07:00 AM (view original):
All Seble said was “racism is bad” and you guys turned in to toddlers. If that’s a controversial statement to you, then you need to do some soul searching.

I assume you built some straw men arguments in your head and imagined that he was saying more than he was maybe? He didn’t say FTP or ACAB or even BLM (which shouldn’t be a controversial statement either btw). All he said was “racism is bad” and that he didn’t want hate speech on his website.

What’s your argument if that statement made you so upset? You trying to say racism is good?
Blm is a controversy as it promotes racism, anytime you seperate white black yellow green or orange, your being racist, and its more about police brutality than anything and the facts state otherwise that 99.9% of the time the cops acted appropriate. We all know what he implied about this statement it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out and i can care less what he supports or doesnt or implied or didnt imply, he wanted a discusion on racism and im trying to have that.
Figures that most people who think BLM is a racist statement can’t get the difference between your and you’re right.

The phrase isn’t “Black Lives Matter More” or “Only Black Lives Matter”. It’s “Black Lives Matter”. That’s it. If that phrase offends you, then I have some news for you.

When a group of people is killed by the police at a higher rate, for non-crimes like being asleep in their own apartment or legally carrying a gun and following officer orders, and when judges have a track record of punishing that group more harshly than other groups for the same crime, and when it’s been proven that hiring managers discriminate against that group of people, then it shouldn’t be that surprising for that group to think that America doesn’t think that they matter. So that’s why there’s the need to pipe up and say that they matter. There’s an implied “too” at the end of Black Lives Matter.

But more to the point, if someone simply says “racism is bad” and you throw a temper tantrum, you should probably do some reflecting and try to become a better person.
6/24/2020 11:36 AM
^^^^fire^^^^
6/24/2020 11:39 AM
It is a FACT that racism exists in the criminal justice system. Every sociologist will agree with this. It isn't a topic that is debated in academia. To point out this FACT is not divisive.
6/24/2020 12:01 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by crzyballplay on 6/24/2020 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 9:07:00 AM (view original):
All Seble said was “racism is bad” and you guys turned in to toddlers. If that’s a controversial statement to you, then you need to do some soul searching.

I assume you built some straw men arguments in your head and imagined that he was saying more than he was maybe? He didn’t say FTP or ACAB or even BLM (which shouldn’t be a controversial statement either btw). All he said was “racism is bad” and that he didn’t want hate speech on his website.

What’s your argument if that statement made you so upset? You trying to say racism is good?
Blm is a controversy as it promotes racism, anytime you seperate white black yellow green or orange, your being racist, and its more about police brutality than anything and the facts state otherwise that 99.9% of the time the cops acted appropriate. We all know what he implied about this statement it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out and i can care less what he supports or doesnt or implied or didnt imply, he wanted a discusion on racism and im trying to have that.
Figures that most people who think BLM is a racist statement can’t get the difference between your and you’re right.

The phrase isn’t “Black Lives Matter More” or “Only Black Lives Matter”. It’s “Black Lives Matter”. That’s it. If that phrase offends you, then I have some news for you.

When a group of people is killed by the police at a higher rate, for non-crimes like being asleep in their own apartment or legally carrying a gun and following officer orders, and when judges have a track record of punishing that group more harshly than other groups for the same crime, and when it’s been proven that hiring managers discriminate against that group of people, then it shouldn’t be that surprising for that group to think that America doesn’t think that they matter. So that’s why there’s the need to pipe up and say that they matter. There’s an implied “too” at the end of Black Lives Matter.

But more to the point, if someone simply says “racism is bad” and you throw a temper tantrum, you should probably do some reflecting and try to become a better person.
*chef's kiss*
6/24/2020 12:06 PM
Dang, what did I miss?
6/24/2020 12:06 PM
Seble said racism is bad and a bunch of people got mad for some reason
6/24/2020 12:11 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Seble said racism is bad and a bunch of people got mad for some reason
Complete straw man of the actual argument.

The point isn't that the message is wrong. It is the subtext of the existence of the message itself. Of course, saying racism is bad is not an objectionable statement. The thing is, I have been on this site for 17 years (17 years where a lot of crazy things have happened in the world) and there has never been a statement made like this on the front page. The existence of the statement implies that the statement is essentially timely right now, which is the crux of what people are arguing about. Most people, except the real crazies, know racism is bad, what they disagree with is the idea that it is somehow getting worse right now. A disagreement with the way the media pushes a narratives that divides people and creates dissension.

Lets say it was 1692 and we were in Salem. And our local post office put up a disclaimer that they think "witchcraft is bad. We want people to only be good to each other and not cast evil spells on people." The implication of the message is that witchcraft is being practiced to a degree that makes the warning necessary. A student of American history would be a fool to deny the existence of racism. But it is just as foolish to pretend that we are not living in an age where the fear of racism might not be equal to its actual prevalence.
6/24/2020 12:26 PM
Sorry, let me correct myself.

Seble said racism is bad and some people compared racism to witchcraft.
6/24/2020 12:45 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/24/2020 11:30:00 AM (view original):
We said: Black Lives Matter.

We never said: Only Black Lives Matter.

We know: That all lives matter.

We just need your help with Black Lives Matter.

For Black lives are in danger.
This.
6/24/2020 12:47 PM
Well, I know why crzyballplay has "crazy" in his name
6/24/2020 1:11 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/24/2020 12:45:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, let me correct myself.

Seble said racism is bad and some people compared racism to witchcraft.
Nicely played, but still another straw man.
6/24/2020 1:15 PM
I don’t think you know what a straw man is.
6/24/2020 1:17 PM
It means restating my argument, falsely, and then responding to that false restatement. Which brings up that point that nobody has responded to the substance of what I wrote.
6/24/2020 1:27 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...22 Next ▸
Seble is wrong Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.