Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

They DO! By far IMO.
5/18/2020 12:12 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/18/2020 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Just a question bob; you don't think the death rate has anything to do with people here being "free" to ignore the Government's (and Health Agencies') warnings and guidelines? While people in other Countries fear reprisal if they don't adhere, we have people not only running around blatantly ignoring all the warnings and guidelines, but flaunting the fact that they are. You (and I) want to complain about Trump wanting to reopen too many things too fast, but does it really matter with so many people doing what they want, when they want, already? Americans' stupidity, pride and insistence they can't be told what to do is why so many are dead and dying.
Well, lemme see, ponder a bit.............OK.
27 Times WORSE!

Yea, I kinda figure folks putting liberty and "freedom" ahead of ALL else and any other concern could account for some of it perhaps.
But............27 times!!
I don't think so.
Australia has folks who are pretty stubborn and who like to party and assemble, and who like to enjoy relative freedom. They're on that list of under 10/million. So is Japan and New Zealand. Not exactly authoritarian regimes like China.... (also on the list BTW IF you can believe their reporting)

I suspect the answer has more to do with testing and tracing. We did extremely poorly in those areas. No tests except for those already obviously sick for weeks and weeks for example, and then our tracing was slow and inadequate (primarily) because we didn't have the ability to identify cases quickly enough. It may be science but it ain't rocket science. S. Korea, New Zealand and many of the others tested very very quickly and often. They had the testing ability and used it! Then traced and quarantined the cases and the outbreaks. Our government was flat incompetent. Who ever is to blame? It almost doesn't even matter.

Except for the tiny little fact that...............there IS an election coming in 6 months.................... and there WILL be another virus sometime soon..........quite possibly within the next 4 years.

It actually might matter...............bigly............to your OWN Mom, Dad, or even child.
I echo President Obama.............. VOTE!
Like your life depended on it.
It may.
5/18/2020 12:22 PM
Posted by DougOut on 3/13/2020 12:26:00 PM (view original):

From April 12, 2009, to April 10, 2010, in the United States, there were 60.8 million cases of swine flu, as well as 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated.

Obama’s acting director of health and human services declaredH1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009. That was when the United States had only 20 confirmed cases of H1N1 and no deaths.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding requestfor H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.

On Oct. 24, 2009, six months after his administration declared H1N1 a public health emergency, Obama declared it a national emergency.

By then, H1N1 had claimed more than 1,000 American lives, according to the CDC.

When Obama made his declaration, thousands of people were lining up in cities across the country to receive vaccinations, as federal officials acknowledged that their vaccination program had gotten off to a slow start, with some states having requested 10 times the amount they had been allotted, the New York Times reported at the time.

TOTAL # of deaths reached over 18,000 in the USA. NOT GOOD. Let's hope we do a better job this time.

5/18/2020 12:32 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/18/2020 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 3/13/2020 12:26:00 PM (view original):

From April 12, 2009, to April 10, 2010, in the United States, there were 60.8 million cases of swine flu, as well as 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated.

Obama’s acting director of health and human services declaredH1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009. That was when the United States had only 20 confirmed cases of H1N1 and no deaths.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding requestfor H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.

On Oct. 24, 2009, six months after his administration declared H1N1 a public health emergency, Obama declared it a national emergency.

By then, H1N1 had claimed more than 1,000 American lives, according to the CDC.

When Obama made his declaration, thousands of people were lining up in cities across the country to receive vaccinations, as federal officials acknowledged that their vaccination program had gotten off to a slow start, with some states having requested 10 times the amount they had been allotted, the New York Times reported at the time.

TOTAL # of deaths reached over 18,000 in the USA. NOT GOOD. Let's hope we do a better job this time.

GREAT JOB BY TRUMP! Predicted 2.2 MILLION DEATHS! TRUMP KEEPS THIS DEADLY VIRUS TO A FRACTION OF THAT.

Much more deadly than H1N1 flu. We were so lucky back then.

PERSPECTIVE: 1/3 OF A MILLION PEOPLE HAVE DIED WORLDWIDE FROM 19.
LAST YEAR: 7 MILLION DIE FROM CANCER AND 11 MILLION STARVE TO DEATH!

THANKS FOR THE POST Uofa2!
5/18/2020 1:50 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/17/2020 11:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usf_bulls on 5/17/2020 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Sometimes, I don't know which one of you is sillier.

rsp believes that Trump will not be re-elected, which is a bit naïve. Doug believes that Trump is a Top 5 leader in world history, which is a bit insane.
Doug, just out of curiosity, who, in your opinion, are the other 4 top leaders in world history??
Let's see......KAHN - HITLER - JAGGER - AND.............YOU!
5/18/2020 1:54 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/18/2020 9:02:00 AM (view original):
So much American winning!! Check this out. Many Countries on our globe have managed to limit deaths within their populace to less than 10 deaths per MILLION people within the Country. Japan, Australia, S. Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan (and others!) have all mitigated the death rate to under 10/million.

With Trump's leadership America is once again leading the pack! So much winning!! Our death rate is OVER 200 per Million (It's actually 271/million) residents. Over 27 TIMES worse death rate than Countries with stable intelligent leadership that LISTENS to scientists and experts on the topics that need understanding in order to solve/mitigate damage to their Country and it's citizens.

Wake up voters! We can't afford 4 more years of "winning" like this.
Voting for the devil you KNOW to be an incompetent liar is not necessarily better than the devil you don't know!

Maybe the devil you don't know (fear) will actually be able to find competent folks to aid his/her administration and ALSO have the integrity to tell you the truth once in a while.
Change is coming.............let's try and make it a positive change, shall we?
I think you got this from fake news Bob. I'd like to see you post a source.

What would the numbers look like if you took Dem Govs in NY and NJ out of the equation. Somebody screwed up bad and it wasn't TRUMP.
5/18/2020 1:58 PM
Lying to oneself, while stupid is one's right I suppose. It's termed delusion. It's for nutjobs and rats and neer-do-wells.
But lying to attempt to influence others opinions is just shameful and offensive.
The work of the devil actually. Purposeful lying. Evil.
Like the present POTUS.
5/18/2020 2:41 PM
BTW I'm not bothering to source YOU, because that's an excuse from you.
Google is your friend. use it.
5/18/2020 2:42 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/18/2020 2:42:00 PM (view original):
If I were you, I wouldn't reveal my source. Everybody would laugh.
5/18/2020 2:58 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/18/2020 2:58:00 PM (view original):
The ONE guy getting laughs over his “sources” is the guy whose EVERY source for his stupidity is from Conservo-Hack websites and Soon-to-be-Dead Limpbawl. You’ve been told what to think so many times you actually believe the bullshit you spew like a good, little, insignificant, ineffectual puppet of the repukes.

#TickTock
5/18/2020 3:35 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 5/18/2020 3:36:00 PM (view original):
The ONE guy getting laughs over his “sources” is the guy whose EVERY source for his stupidity is from Conservo-Hack websites and Soon-to-be-Dead Limpbawl. You’ve been told what to think so many times you actually believe the bullshit you spew like a good, little, insignificant, ineffectual puppet of the repukes.

#TickTock
Hey snowflake. Sorry bout yer cryin'

Check out my THIS DAY IN RUSH thread. ALL SOURCED.

Lots of fake news in there. Goodnight snowflake. You can pass out now.
5/18/2020 3:49 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/18/2020 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/17/2020 11:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usf_bulls on 5/17/2020 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Sometimes, I don't know which one of you is sillier.

rsp believes that Trump will not be re-elected, which is a bit naïve. Doug believes that Trump is a Top 5 leader in world history, which is a bit insane.
Doug, just out of curiosity, who, in your opinion, are the other 4 top leaders in world history??
Let's see......KAHN - HITLER - JAGGER - AND.............YOU!
I was serious, Doug. I'd be curious to know who you think the top 5 world leaders are? Of course, you can't give me a serious answer.
5/18/2020 4:22 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/18/2020 3:49:00 PM (view original):

#TickTock

YOU’RE SECOND
5/18/2020 4:22 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 5/18/2020 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 5/18/2020 3:49:00 PM (view original):

#TickTock

YOU’RE SECOND
Listen pal. There's 10 of you and one of me. You are outnumbered. You are surrounded. Give up.
5/18/2020 4:28 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 5/18/2020 4:33:00 PM (view original):

I tapped your phone. It's OK. I'm spying on the Republicans too.
5/18/2020 4:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...71|72|73|74|75...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.