Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Posted by bronxcheer on 4/28/2020 10:55:00 AM (view original):

President Donald Trump was repeatedly made aware of the threat the coronavirus posed to the U.S. in his Daily Brief back in January, The Washington Post reports.

Current and former U.S. officials told the newspaper that the president continued to downplay the threat when he was warned during more than a dozen classified briefings on the virus.

The President’s Daily Brief is a daily report that brings to the president’s attention any security threats and important global news. In January and February, officials said, the report focused on the spread of the virus, called out China for suppressing information, and discussed the death toll the virus could cause and possible economic fallout.

Officials told The Washington Post that Trump routinely skips reading the President’s Daily Brief and often is impatient for the oral summary he receives just two or three times per week.

It is unclear how many times the coronavirus was mentioned in the briefings, but officials said that it received similar attention to when intelligence is tracking active terrorism threats or other global security issues.

ABC News reports another intelligence report issued by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence warned of the virus back in November.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources told ABC of the NCMI’s report.

"It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House, according to ABC. The Pentagon denied the report existed.

The first mention of the coronavirus in the Daily Brief was in early January and focused on Wuhan, China.

This is interesting....Because...?Good ole bronx takes us back to January. That's when Trump instituted the ban and the Dems cried racist. Pelosi and De Blasio were in Chinatown. That would be FEBRUARY!

But the clown train rolls on....(officials told the Washington post) (It is unclear) (Rinse and repeat) ABC NEWS REPORTS (another intelligence report issued by the Military's National Center for Medical Intelligence) HUH? WUT? WHO?

ANALYSTS CONCLUDED ONE SOURSE SAID! ........ACCORDING TO ABC!!! but the Pentagon denies it?

DID YOU READ THIS? ANY OF YOU? DID YOU ACTUALLY READ IT? I THINK NOT.

AND THAT'S WHY WE CALL IT FAKE NEWS!

5/1/2020 4:59 PM
What ban did Trump actually put in play in January?

I don't follow the pop-news culture so much but I flew from Guangzhou to SeaTec twice in February, and also back to the states from CAN through Delhi in early March. All flights were full of Chinese nationals who were readily admitted through customs.

Anecdotal maybe, or maybe people just say things to say them.
5/1/2020 11:50 PM

According to Kiernan, co-creator of the ThinkGlobalHealth tracker on travel restrictions on China, 46 countries and territories (Macau and Hong Kong) imposed travel restrictions on China that came into effect before the United States’ restrictions did. (Although the U.S. announced its travel restrictions on Jan. 31, they did not go into effect until Feb. 2.) Twelve other countries’ travel restrictions against China came into effect on Feb. 2, the same day as the U.S.

Most of those countries’ decisions came in the days immediately after the WHO declared the coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency of international concern, Kiernan said.

“To be fair, the United States was one of the first Western countries to impose any kind of formal travel restriction against China,” Kiernan told us. “With the exceptions of the Czech Republic (suspended visas seven days after U.S. implemented restrictions) and Italy (suspended flights two days before U.S. implemented restrictions), the EU did not impose travel restrictions against China specifically. Australia imposed its entry ban on travelers from China, which was quite similar to the United States’, one day before the United States acted. New Zealand and Israel imposed their travel bans on the same day as the United States.”

5/2/2020 7:52 AM
There goes Doug with his boring FACTS again.
Dems/Libs still relying on the "If we say it loud enough and often enough, others will believe it, whether true or not." method.
I call it Steve A. Smith news reporting - just keep screaming it over and over and over, and eventually someone will believe it.
5/2/2020 9:12 AM
its been pretty much proven ***** grabs don't knock you out of office

rapes if you will

i still don get why Al Franken resigned
5/2/2020 9:55 AM
Bad joke.
5/2/2020 11:16 AM
not a joke

the american people have decided rapos are ok as long as they are my guy

so thats that
5/2/2020 11:34 AM
i mean if its a bushy haired stranger with pit stank and no money or people it is over he's down for the stretch

but if he's our clean white wunderkint from a nice family with nice lawyers and nice followers mounting up into the millions

he's gold he's got no worries

it's settled law
5/2/2020 11:39 AM
hey, what did Trump do in February? I mean, he acted so quickly with the travel ban. Surely, he must have taken sweeping action during February to stop the virus!
5/2/2020 12:11 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/2/2020 9:55:00 AM (view original):
its been pretty much proven ***** grabs don't knock you out of office

rapes if you will

i still don get why Al Franken resigned
because he stole the election
5/2/2020 12:12 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/2/2020 12:11:00 PM (view original):
hey, what did Trump do in February? I mean, he acted so quickly with the travel ban. Surely, he must have taken sweeping action during February to stop the virus!
Maybe he thought to clean the subway cars where the crap is spread like wildfire.....
5/2/2020 12:13 PM

FLYNN TO WIN
5/2/2020 12:16 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/2/2020 9:12:00 AM (view original):
There goes Doug with his boring FACTS again.
Dems/Libs still relying on the "If we say it loud enough and often enough, others will believe it, whether true or not." method.
I call it Steve A. Smith news reporting - just keep screaming it over and over and over, and eventually someone will believe it.
How about the rest of February? Clearly imposing a travel ban on China wasn’t a be all, end all.
5/2/2020 1:58 PM
Maybe we shoulda cleaned the subway cars.
5/2/2020 2:09 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/2/2020 11:34:00 AM (view original):
not a joke

the american people have decided rapos are ok as long as they are my guy

so thats that
Not what I meant. Al Franken is/was a professional "comic". His "offense" was feigning some sort of photo "cop a feel' with some actress/celebrity. He got pilloried because it was a 4th grade boys bad joke. IMO.......... the public expected a better joke from a pro.
5/2/2020 2:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...58|59|60|61|62...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.