Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Posted by all3 on 4/24/2020 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 4/24/2020 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 4/24/2020 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 4/24/2020 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/24/2020 12:24:00 PM (view original):
The morning after Osama Bin Laden was taken out, Fox and Friends were whining that Obama was getting all the credit and Dubya Bush deserved half the credit!

The guy who shut down the Bin Laden unit
Where did you see that? CNN?
CNN? Isn't that the network that twisted the head of the CDC's words earlier this week, and then tried to tell him what it was he really meant?
He said come fall/winter the virus could come back and be "more difficult". CNN (and many others) twisted that into "more deadly".
When the man who spoke those words tried to correct them by explaining what he really meant, CNN accused him of backing down to Trump.
This isn't ridiculous extremism by the press? Report the news instead of trying to influence it or make it. No wonder such a large part of the population doesn't believe in what any media outlet reports anymore.

Oh, and to show how little you know-it-alls really know, I voted for Obama in 2012. The Democratic Party and it's stances have greatly deteriorated since then.
You are so off base here it's insane! I watched that particular "update". I saw EXACTLY what happened. Trump came out and immediately claimed that Redfield had been misquoted. A bit later a reporter read the quote to Redfield word for word and asked him IF He had been misquoted. He clearly admitted he had NOT been misquoted.

Now the FACTS are: It was a Washington newspaper who "misquoted" Redfield IN THEIR HEADLINE! The story quoted him correctly BUT whomever wrote the headline inserted the word "devastating" instead of "difficult".

You should have seen the look on the Tonto's face when Redfield admitted he actually had been quoted correctly!

CNN had NOTHING to do with it.

I can sure tell where YOU get your misinformation!
Try a different news source.
Preferably one that at least makes a pretense of journalistic integrity!

You're really the most uninformed poster on this website, easily in fact!
Dougout is just nuts and biased.
You're just horridly misinformed 99% of the time and stupidly wrong the other 1%!
And completely in the corner of the repugs who have stolen our democracy!
Pretend to "know" what you don't, because I got my information from watching the exchange on CNN.
Because I refuse to twist facts to meet your agenda, I am "misinformed". That's OK, call me whatever makes you happy.
Dude...you said deadly when the headline said devastating, and everyone reported Redfield wasn't misquoted when he said difficult.

This looks to me like the only person who shouldn't be believed is you.
4/25/2020 1:29 AM
There has been a concerted effort among aides and allies to get President Donald Trump to stop conducting the daily coronavirus briefings, multiple sources tell CNN.

Many close to him believe the daily briefings hurt him more than they help him, with Thursday's episode being the prime example. The White House spent the last 24 hours attempting to clean up remarks from the President that researchers should look into injecting people with disinfectant or ultraviolet rays to cure coronavirus.

A source close to the coronavirus task force said Trump was upset about the "flack" he was taking after those comments and that appears to be part of the reason why the President cut Friday's briefing short. During the earlier questioning from reporters on Friday, Trump said he was being "sarcastic" with his suggestion that people inject themselves with disinfectant, even though he was clearly being serious during Thursday's briefing.

One White House official said they asked the President to stop conducting the daily briefings last week but he resisted. Another ally told CNN that this concern is not new among those close to him.

And a separate Trump ally told CNN that Thursday's briefing is exactly what they were worried about when they begged him not to have such long and freewheeling press conferences -- that one day he would just say something completely off the wall and off the rails.

4/25/2020 1:34 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/25/2020 1:34:00 AM (view original):
There has been a concerted effort among aides and allies to get President Donald Trump to stop conducting the daily coronavirus briefings, multiple sources tell CNN.

Many close to him believe the daily briefings hurt him more than they help him, with Thursday's episode being the prime example. The White House spent the last 24 hours attempting to clean up remarks from the President that researchers should look into injecting people with disinfectant or ultraviolet rays to cure coronavirus.

A source close to the coronavirus task force said Trump was upset about the "flack" he was taking after those comments and that appears to be part of the reason why the President cut Friday's briefing short. During the earlier questioning from reporters on Friday, Trump said he was being "sarcastic" with his suggestion that people inject themselves with disinfectant, even though he was clearly being serious during Thursday's briefing.

One White House official said they asked the President to stop conducting the daily briefings last week but he resisted. Another ally told CNN that this concern is not new among those close to him.

And a separate Trump ally told CNN that Thursday's briefing is exactly what they were worried about when they begged him not to have such long and freewheeling press conferences -- that one day he would just say something completely off the wall and off the rails.

FAKE NEWS for stupid people.
4/25/2020 9:03 AM

"A source close to the coronavirus task force said Trump was upset about the "flack" he was taking after those comments and that appears to be part of the reason why the President cut Friday's briefing short. During the earlier questioning from reporters on Friday, Trump said he was being "sarcastic" with his suggestion that people inject themselves with disinfectant, even though he was clearly being serious during Thursday's briefing.

And a separate Trump ally told CNN that Thursday's briefing is exactly what they were worried about when they begged him not to have such long and freewheeling press conferences -- that one day he would just say something completely off the wall and off the rails."

Yup. Is why I hope he just keeps on with the daily ramble tamble. Eventually enough folks will have seen one of these so-called "updates" and then eventually they'll awake and go, "my Gawd, I voted for a complete jackass with the mental acuity of a slow 3rd grader."

And then, in November the "problem" just goes away.
And once again I can be proud of my neighbor, my fellow citizens, and MY Country's leadership!
4/25/2020 9:07 AM (edited)
Posted by DougOut on 4/25/2020 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/25/2020 1:34:00 AM (view original):

FAKE NEWS for stupid people.
FAKE POST from stupid paid troll!
4/25/2020 9:08 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/25/2020 1:29:00 AM (view original):
The morning after Osama Bin Laden was taken out, Fox and Friends were whining that Obama was getting all the credit and Dubya Bush deserved half the credit!

CNN? Isn't that the network that twisted the head of the CDC's words earlier this week, and then tried to tell him what it was he really meant?
He said come fall/winter the virus could come back and be "more difficult". CNN (and many others) twisted that into "more deadly".
When the man who spoke those words tried to correct them by explaining what he really meant, CNN accused him of backing down to Trump.
This isn't ridiculous extremism by the press? Report the news instead of trying to influence it or make it. No wonder such a large part of the population doesn't believe in what any media outlet reports anymore.

Oh, and to show how little you know-it-alls really know, I voted for Obama in 2012. The Democratic Party and it's stances have greatly deteriorated since then.
You are so off base here it's insane! I watched that particular "update". I saw EXACTLY what happened. Trump came out and immediately claimed that Redfield had been misquoted. A bit later a reporter read the quote to Redfield word for word and asked him IF He had been misquoted. He clearly admitted he had NOT been misquoted.

Now the FACTS are: It was a Washington newspaper who "misquoted" Redfield IN THEIR HEADLINE! The story quoted him correctly BUT whomever wrote the headline inserted the word "devastating" instead of "difficult".

You should have seen the look on the Tonto's face when Redfield admitted he actually had been quoted correctly!

You're just horridly misinformed 99% of the time and stupidly wrong the other 1%!
Pretend to "know" what you don't, because I got my information from watching the exchange on CNN.
Because I refuse to twist facts to meet your agenda, I am "misinformed". That's OK, call me whatever makes you happy.
Dude...you said deadly when the headline said devastating, and everyone reported Redfield wasn't misquoted when he said difficult.

Yup, I mistakenly changed one word. CNN purposely changed the entire meaning. Keep defending, manipulating and being a hater.
4/25/2020 9:43 AM
His “fake news” bullshit, as with every idiot who says it, the con included, has become nothing but a joke. The only “fake” news actually comes from HIS sources. The Faux, Brietbart, Soon-to-be-Deadbaugh, Blaze family of Goebbels-esque propaganda. EVERYBODY sees thru his garbage. It’s just sad now. But watching him flame out over the next six months should be fascinating. He’s already going farther off the chain on a daily basis. Watching Orange Jesus meltdown in public over and over again has obviously gotten to him mentally and its VERY apparent that his personal derangement has been triggered by the cons looming epic downfall.
4/25/2020 9:45 AM
Posted by all3 on 4/25/2020 9:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/25/2020 1:29:00 AM (view original):

Yup, I mistakenly changed one word. CNN purposely changed the entire meaning. Keep defending, manipulating and being a hater.
Devastating and difficult isn't really that different. Deadly is. You said deadly. You changed the meaning.

"being a hater". Ok.
4/25/2020 11:03 AM
As the person who spoke it tried to explain, he meant "difficult" as in determining if it was COVID or regular flu. CNN changed his wording to make it seem like he said "devastating", as in more deadly. You don't see that as misrepresenting the comment? Never mind, I'm sure you don't, because that wouldn't fit your defense of biased News reporting.
4/25/2020 11:26 AM
I apologize for engaging in this pedantic exercise.
4/25/2020 12:21 PM
I find this whole discussion shallow and pedantic. :)
4/25/2020 12:34 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 4/25/2020 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Why don't you redline it?
4/25/2020 12:53 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/25/2020 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Why don’t you answer a question?
4/25/2020 1:10 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 4/25/2020 1:10:00 PM (view original):
You'd redline it. You redline everything. little baby
4/25/2020 1:24 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 4/25/2020 1:10:00 PM (view original):
And I did answer it but you didn't like my answer so you redlined it.
4/25/2020 1:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...52|53|54|55|56...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.