Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Posted by usf_bulls on 4/17/2020 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/17/2020 9:41:00 AM (view original):
South Korea and the United States reported their first cases on the same day.

South Korea had 22 new cases yesterday. The United States had 29,465.
Not all of that is a reflection on government. The personality of the populace comes into play as well.
I agree that that's a fair point, but the populace can be influenced and led.
4/17/2020 10:13 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/17/2020 10:13:00 AM (view original):

Not all of that is a reflection on government. The personality of the populace comes into play as well.
No doubt.

I'm afraid that no leader or influencer will hold court over the general public for much longer. You could have a phalanx of Trumps, Cuomos, Fauchis and Whitmers begging people to do X but in about 3 weeks, Americans are going to stick up a middle finger and do Y.
4/17/2020 10:38 AM
Sadly, many Americans have been doing that the entire time. With those people is where the fault lies.
4/17/2020 10:44 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/1/2020 2:52:00 AM (view original):
~
4/17/2020 11:03 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 4/17/2020 10:38:00 AM (view original):

No doubt.

I'm afraid that no leader or influencer will hold court over the general public for much longer. You could have a phalanx of Trumps, Cuomos, Fauchis and Whitmers begging people to do X but in about 3 weeks, Americans are going to stick up a middle finger and do Y.
Can we all agree that the minimizing of the virus doesn't help? You would be stupid to blame the entire thing on the administration, but Trump's words still have influence for 40% of the people. Right now, he is pushing to reopen everything soon, and is still giving off a culture of "no big deal." That matters.
4/17/2020 11:16 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/17/2020 11:16:00 AM (view original):

No doubt.

Can we all agree that the minimizing of the virus doesn't help? You would be stupid to blame the entire thing on the administration, but Trump's words still have influence for 40% of the people. Right now, he is pushing to reopen everything soon, and is still giving off a culture of "no big deal." That matters.
Kinda. I hear what you are saying but I think the messaging is a mess no matter who the messenger is.

Trump is terribly inartful and switches back and forth between no big deal and a deadly invisible enemy. The mayors and governors are taking increasingly stupid and militant actions that won't fly much past Memorial Day. The scientists have been pretty steady - that is, they want to put everyone's balls into a vice until a vaccine is found.

The whole situation if becoming a fiasco and blame can be found far and wide.
4/17/2020 11:46 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/17/2020 11:03:00 AM (view original):
~
I think you may have already posted this once or twice, or a dozen times. Nothing a bit more constructive or informative to post? Is that why photoshopped images and repeating this same thing are all you post - you've got nothing else?
4/17/2020 11:58 AM
Posted by usf_bulls on 4/17/2020 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/17/2020 11:16:00 AM (view original):

No doubt.

Kinda. I hear what you are saying but I think the messaging is a mess no matter who the messenger is.

Trump is terribly inartful and switches back and forth between no big deal and a deadly invisible enemy. The mayors and governors are taking increasingly stupid and militant actions that won't fly much past Memorial Day. The scientists have been pretty steady - that is, they want to put everyone's balls into a vice until a vaccine is found.

The whole situation if becoming a fiasco and blame can be found far and wide.
I completely agree; I am concerned that the Admin. is going to open up the country far too soon and cause the virus to come back even worse than before.
4/17/2020 12:49 PM
So Don the Con is against his own Admin's social distancing guidelines? Turn off Fox "News"

President Donald Trump endorsed conservative protests against social distancing measures in three states immediately after Fox News aired a segment on the efforts, dumping gasoline on a movement that threatens the fragile consensus on steps public health experts say are preventing nightmarish death figures from the novel coronavirus.

Beginning at 11:19 a.m. ET, Fox’s America’s Newsroom ran a segment detailing a wave of protests against stay-at-home orders from governors of Michigan, Minnesota, and Virginia. Fox aired a package featuring footage from a protest in Virginia and another in Minnesota, with Fox News correspondent Mike Tobin quoting the group “Liberate Minnesota” calling the stay-at-home order “an overreaction.” Co-anchor Ed Henry then interviewed a Michigan sheriff who is defying Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s order in that state.

Trump, who was apparently watching the segment, responded to it in real time by expressing support for the protests, sending multiple tweets saying, “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!,” “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!,” “LIBERATE VIRGINIA.”

Earlier this week, Fox hosts cheered on protests by conservative activists against Michigan’s stay-at-home order. As I noted at the time, “If Trump sees Fox’s protest coverage and endorses the effort, social distancing will become even more politically polarized. The hard-won progress in the fight against the virus could evaporate in an instant, leaving behind a shattered economy and an influx of COVID-19 deaths.”

4/17/2020 1:08 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/17/2020 11:58:00 AM (view original):
~
I think you may have already posted this once or twice, or a dozen times. Nothing a bit more constructive or informative to post? Is that why photoshopped images and repeating this same thing are all you post - you've got nothing else?
Why don’t you say that to your buddy dummy?
4/17/2020 1:14 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/17/2020 10:44:00 AM (view original):
Sadly, many Americans have been doing that the entire time. With those people is where the fault lies.
Every last one of them in Michigan was a conservative, gun-nut trump supporter. Do you have the balls to call out your own kind? Because that’s the problem in Michigan. Selfish, unintelligent, gun weilding trumptards. EVERY...LAST...ONE.
4/17/2020 1:24 PM
Correct. The problem IS, and always has been the Trumptards. Not Trump. THEY put him where He is, and THEY still apologize/defend/support him depending..............

You can't fix stupid. And willful stupidity is where the Republican party have found refuge..................ever since Trump stole their Party away.
4/17/2020 2:38 PM
4/17/2020 6:22 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/17/2020 11:58:00 AM (view original):
~
ring any bells, dougie?
4/17/2020 10:40 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/17/2020 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Correct. The problem IS, and always has been the Trumptards. Not Trump. THEY put him where He is, and THEY still apologize/defend/support him depending..............

You can't fix stupid. And willful stupidity is where the Republican party have found refuge..................ever since Trump stole their Party away.
The problem IS, and always has been the Trump-haters. Not Trump. THEY can't accept that he won, and THEY still lie about/twist/misrepresent anything he says or does.

You can't fix hatred. And willful hatred is where the Democratic party have found refuge..........ever since Trump stole their Presidency away.
4/17/2020 10:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...37|38|39|40|41...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.