TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 7/12/2018 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Yes. Look, if I say Larry Walker should have won the batting average title in 1997 instead of Tony Gwynn, that is not an opinion, its just me being stupid. There are specific guidelines to determine who wins the batting average title and it can be proven that Gwynn won using those guidelines. if I say Walker was the best hitter in 1997, that can not be proven or disproven, and is an opinion.
Wait...my opinion on opinions is wrong?
7/12/2018 4:19 PM
I think b_l and I finally agree 100% on something - wylie should have stayed out of our exchange.

Not sure why he constantly feels the need to jump-in to so many things and "correct" everyone (far from just me).

That is why I called him Mr. Know-it-All. Of course, that's just my opinion, and according to him opinions can't be wrong, so ...
7/12/2018 4:24 PM
I'm actually a big fan of this.

My opinion is that opinions CAN be wrong.

Wylie is arguing that opinions CAN'T be wrong.

Therefore, he has to say that my opinion (that opinions can be wrong) is not wrong.
7/12/2018 4:43 PM
a spinning top................giggling.
7/12/2018 4:52 PM
My opinion is y'all are nuts and in addition should accept the "fact" that Arizona is an inhabitable, inhospitable ****-hole that you'd NEVER want to have to move to. Message courtesy of the Arizona tourism board.
7/12/2018 4:56 PM
I go to Arizona once every two years to visit family at Christmastime. The weather is great then. I imagine it is a lot less great come summer.
7/12/2018 6:15 PM
It's just a horrid place..........stay away............everybody.
7/12/2018 6:45 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/12/2018 4:24:00 PM (view original):
I think b_l and I finally agree 100% on something - wylie should have stayed out of our exchange.

Not sure why he constantly feels the need to jump-in to so many things and "correct" everyone (far from just me).

That is why I called him Mr. Know-it-All. Of course, that's just my opinion, and according to him opinions can't be wrong, so ...
didn't correct anyone. just said opinions can't be wrong. If they are wrong they are not opinions. As far as being a mr know-it-all, I'm not the one who claims someone else's opinions are wrong.
Here are some definitions of the word opinion: Notice #1.
  1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
  2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
  3. the formal expression of a professional judgment
7/12/2018 7:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/12/2018 4:43:00 PM (view original):

Therefore, he has to say that my opinion (that opinions can be wrong) is not wrong.
can you prove that opinions can be wrong?
7/12/2018 7:22 PM
Also, all3, regarding me "feeling the need" to jump in , I'm pretty sure this is an open forum, and unless you are dino, you don't think you can control what other people post or say. Are you dino?
7/12/2018 7:24 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/12/2018 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/12/2018 4:43:00 PM (view original):

can you prove that opinions can be wrong?
It’s my opinion that they can be. Is my opinion wrong?
7/12/2018 7:26 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/12/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/12/2018 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Yes. Look, if I say Larry Walker should have won the batting average title in 1997 instead of Tony Gwynn, that is not an opinion, its just me being stupid. There are specific guidelines to determine who wins the batting average title and it can be proven that Gwynn won using those guidelines. if I say Walker was the best hitter in 1997, that can not be proven or disproven, and is an opinion.
Wait...my opinion on opinions is wrong?
Yes, because it is not an opinion. Can you prove opinions can be wrong? If you can prove an opinion is wrong, it is not an opinion.
7/12/2018 7:27 PM
It certainly is an opinion that opinions can be wrong.
7/12/2018 7:42 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/12/2018 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/12/2018 10:40:00 AM (view original):
I think anyone saying Trumped conned voters into voting for him is a totally delusional idiot. Trump is now, exactly what people expected him to be, and is working on the policies he stated he would work on. (His success can be viewed different depending on your Party and/or objectivity.) Also remember that he probably got as many anti-HRC votes as he did for himself, and he certainly is still is no HRC. If anyone thought Trump was going to suddenly get "Presidential" and 100% PC, that's on THEM, not Trump.
If you voted for Trump expecting him to bring back high-paying, union manufacturing jobs, you were conned.

If you voted for Trump expecting him to revive coal jobs, you were conned.

If you voted for Trump because you thought he was a smart businessman who could make great deals and really put America first, you were conned.

If you voted for Trump because you thought he'd make Mexico pay for the wall, you were conned.

If you voted for Trump because you thought he was less corrupt and less criminal than Clinton, you were conned.

But, if you voted for Trump because you like the racist things he says or the misogynistic things he says or that he likes to cause chaos and works to destroy the free press, then no, you weren't conned. You're just an moron.
You can’t read eh? How about those that wanted a stronger military and a better relationship with Israel and a conservative Supreme Court?

Again people like you and people like me are the reason this country is so divided. Not only do we have utterly disparate beliefs but all we do is scream over one another.

Do you at least see this?

7/12/2018 8:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/12/2018 7:42:00 PM (view original):
It certainly is an opinion that opinions can be wrong.
In my opinion if you and I were in an MMA cage you would submit in less than one minute. Prove me wrong.
7/12/2018 8:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...356|357|358|359|360...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.