TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 7/10/2018 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/10/2018 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Yup, typical b_l; site one event and say that proves it's like that all the time.
Maybe it has been, and I'm not looking a bunch of sheit up to prove things either way, but if it has, it shouldn't be, and one example certainly doesn't prove anything. I'd like to think voters consider the full history of what a person has and/or hasn't done, with such a blatant Party move being just one big negative.
What blatant party move? McConnell blocking Garland's hearing? Or a different one?
Not speaking about the one specific event you noted, just speaking in generalities - if a sitting elected official votes against a properly qualified SC nominee for nothing more than Party affiliation, that should be viewed as a big negative against him by the voters. If he's not going to put Party politics aside to get a qualified SC Justice in place, he's almost assuredly not going to put them aside to do what's best for his electorate.
7/10/2018 4:53 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/10/2018 4:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/10/2018 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Yup, typical b_l; site one event and say that proves it's like that all the time.
Maybe it has been, and I'm not looking a bunch of sheit up to prove things either way, but if it has, it shouldn't be, and one example certainly doesn't prove anything. I'd like to think voters consider the full history of what a person has and/or hasn't done, with such a blatant Party move being just one big negative.
What blatant party move? McConnell blocking Garland's hearing? Or a different one?
Not speaking about the one specific event you noted, just speaking in generalities - if a sitting elected official votes against a properly qualified SC nominee for nothing more than Party affiliation, that should be viewed as a big negative against him by the voters. If he's not going to put Party politics aside to get a qualified SC Justice in place, he's almost assuredly not going to put them aside to do what's best for his electorate.
Hypothetically, sure. But it isn't, as we know from McConnell.
7/10/2018 4:56 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/10/2018 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/9/2018 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/9/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/9/2018 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/9/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
I swear b_l copy and pasted his last 2 posts from ones I made about him at some point.
He loses major points in the Originality category on my scorecard.
I told him that young girls get attacked whether they travel alone or with their parents and their parents should be held accountable for sending them illegally to the border. I showed him proof that the attacks happen whether they are alone or traveling with parents and then after debating me on this he spouts of with oh yeah of course. He is such a terrible human being.
So, tang, me and BL are terrible human beings, yet you continually defend a person who has:
1. Made fun of a mentally disabled person
2. Bragged about grabbing women by the *****
3. Referred to illegal Mexican immigrants as rapist
4. Called a number of third world countries shitholes

What have any of done that is worse than any of that?
LOL are you serious? bad luck blatantly called me a racist
so what? That makes him a terrible person? You've called me names, you constantly call tangplay an idiot, a moron and a horrible person. You call BL names as well. Is BL calling you a racist any worse than making fun of disabled people, bragging about grabbing women by the ***** or any of the other thing Trump has done? I guess since BL was specifically calling you a racist while none of things Trump said were about you, you would consider it worse. The question is, are you a racist? I don't think you are(except maybe when it comes to Muslims) You don't think you are. Who gives a **** what BL thinks? I know I don't.
Most other religions dislike Muslims. Ask a Hindu how they feel about muslims. It would make sense that a Jew would dislike muslims since it is written into the Muslim doctrine that they are supposed to kill all Jews.
7/10/2018 5:11 PM
Everyone thinks congress sucks except for their own representative. It's crazy. Congress, as a whole, always polls poorly, but the same people are constantly reelected.
7/10/2018 5:15 PM
By the way, I've been amazed at how many Trump supporters I have ran into in the northeast.
7/10/2018 5:24 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 7/10/2018 5:24:00 PM (view original):
By the way, I've been amazed at how many Trump supporters I have ran into in the northeast.
I have family members here in California who support him. It’s shocking how many people were conned.
7/10/2018 5:32 PM
Oh, they've finally come out of hiding? Are they visiting from West VIrginia?
7/10/2018 6:56 PM
7/10/2018 7:19 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/10/2018 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Oh, they've finally come out of hiding? Are they visiting from West VIrginia?
Lol. It seems like most of them are from Connecticut.
7/10/2018 7:31 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/9/2018 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Kavanaugh's vote is no layup. It remains to be seen if any Red State Democrats will vote to confirm him, and there a few Republican wild cards...
The backlash on Fox and Friends was surprising this morning....Rick Santorum had some not so kind things to say about the pick as well. It's a garbage pick. 100 percent establishment guy. Strangely enough, a guy who is on record saying a President shouldn't face any legal troubles while in office.
7/10/2018 8:29 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/10/2018 1:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 10:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2018 9:37:00 PM (view original):
They had slick, pre-printed "Stop Kavanaugh" signs for the camera shot ABC News showed after the nomination.

Pre-printed. I wonder how many piles of signs the organizers had with different names on them? It would have been much more visually effective if the signs were hand-made. At least then, they could have given the illusion of spontaneity. Sometimes, the democrats just don't know how to play it cool.
Who cares? Dems have essentially no power in this situation as long as Collins and Murkowski don’t defect.
Astonishing. You are absolutely correct and absolutely miles off the mark all at the same time.
What did I miss?
The dems have no power to stop the nomination if the reps stay united...absolutely correct.

The camera shot was choreographed. Thought went into the angle in front of the Supreme Court building, who would be visible and what would they be holding up, which chants would be picked up by the mic as the "news correspondent" spoke, etc. There was obvious advanced planning, capital spent, maybe even a rehearsal or two to get the chants just right. ABC, who could have set up shop anywhere and started rolling live at any time, was clearly working with the protesters for maximum emotional impact (the first things you saw were Stop Kavanaugh, Save Roe vs Wade (or whatever) signs even before the correspondent started talking. A moment of TV propaganda...

...and not made for the U.S. Senators voting to confirm. It's also not made for you nor I. The average IQ is 95. Mine is 134 and I'd guess yours is somewhat similar. That whole camera shot was made for the great unwashed who were expecting the Bachelorette to be on. But even some among the galactically stupid would wonder how the protesters had professionally-made signs in hand moments after the nomination was announced. Some of those unwashed were left with the impression that it was a staged act, which it was.

There's a WWI book I have which has a line I find interesting. Germany would meticulously plan every detail correctly only to blunder at the critical moment of decision. That is, IMHO, what the dems have been doing. They march on Washington after the election (pretty smart) but then let nuts like Madonna speak at the rally about burning down the White House. Police brutality/profiling is a legit issue and is brought to the fore but they choose the worst possible way of promoting the problem through kneeling during the Anthem. During the height of the Parkland school shooting debate when public opinion was teetering on the edge of supporting stricter gun control measures, former Supreme Court Justice Stevens comes out and says it's time to abolish the 2nd Amendment. The media, being gifted the most erratic and shoots-himself-in-foot POTUS we've ever seen, destroys its own credibility through countless Brian Ross-type nonsense to the point where AXIOS (about as liberal as you can get) shows poll numbers where 53% of DEMOCRATS and 79% of independents believe the media is fake, false or purposely misleading. This doesn't even scratch the surface.

There is a cumulative effect to all of this and it is not helpful to the dems cause. The left base is on fire but, by continually over-playing their hand, sometimes in small ways like showing how staged and premeditated the ABC camera shot was and sometimes in big ways, by souring millions of Americans to their favorite past time (football) by turning it into a political circus, is doing untold damage to the long-term dems agenda by suffering all of these self-inflicted wounds.

IMHO, that's what you missed. Now fire away. :)
People actually get their IQ measured?

Wow.
7/10/2018 8:32 PM

I am a LOW IQ person.
7/10/2018 8:38 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/10/2018 4:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/10/2018 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/9/2018 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/9/2018 9:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/7/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/5/2018 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/5/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Why are we cutting the military budget, that actually generates jobs vs. addressing entitlements?

Cutting the military budget won't mean less jobs generated.
How so? Do you know how many sub contractors rely on the military? That is such an ignorant and incorrect statement.
Cutting any government spending reduces jobs.
How would cutting entitlements reduce jobs? Do tell.
What entitlement are you talking about?
Medicare and Medicaid
So we cut Medicare. The dollars we were spending are no longer being spent. You don’t think that impacts jobs?
No. If a procedure costs $100...have more go out of pocket. Period.

Doctor still gets paid.
That’s not really the way it works.

Let’s say we cut Medicare spending by $30 billion a year. That’s about 5%.

All of that money comes out of the deficit though, so no one gets a tax break. Instead, we’re just disappearing $30 billion from the economy.

If someone used to have coverage for a $10,000 procedure and now they only get coverage for $5,000, most are going to forgo treatment or the doctor will have to write off the cost of the $5,000 the patient can’t afford to pay.

That reduces jobs, and not just in healthcare. People who sell anything to people who get their paychecks from the healthcare industry will see a slow down.

Now, maybe the economy can handle that. With unemployment low, cutting the deficit is probably a good idea as long as we see some wage growth soon. By that also applies to cutting defense spending, too.
Add this one to the list of times cccp wasn’t right.
OK stalker. LOL. Care to explain why everyone on these boards thinks you’re either insane or a troll or worse?

waiting....

Create a separate thread and pick any topic and I will be glad to school you in a debate on it. Again.

Otherwise just be quiet and let the adults converse.
You mean like the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?
We can debate that. I never said I don’t make mistakes.
So you weren't proven right when we argued about taxes?
We were not arguing. It was an anomaly.
7/10/2018 10:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/10/2018 5:32:00 PM (view original):
I have family members here in California who support him. It’s shocking how many people were conned.
These people still speak to you? Do you realize how offensive your post was? You are a terrible human being.
7/10/2018 10:10 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/shouldnt-wearing-united-states-man-berates-woman-wearing-211603066--abc-news-topstories.html

Life in Trump's Amerikkka. **** like this happening more and more often. If you want an example of white privilege, here it is. Cop just ignores the lady and let's the white man rant and get in her face.

A 62-year-old man appears to be in need of geography lessons after he allegedly accosted a woman for wearing a T-shirt with an image of the Puerto Rican flag in an Illinois park.

"You should not be wearing that in the United States of America," the man can be heard saying to her on a video she posted on Facebook. "Are you a citizen?"

Mia Irizarry posted the video of the incident that shows the man, who is facing charges, verbally harassing her at a pavilion that she said she rented with the appropriate permits. The man, Timothy Trybus, has been charged with simple assault, according to an incident report.

ABC News has been unable to reach Trybus.

Irizarry is shown in the video wearing a sleeveless shirt that is made to look like the Puerto Rican flag, and has the name of the U.S. territory printed on it.

That appears to have set off the man.

"Are you a United States citizen?" he asked again, prompting Irizarry to say she is. "Then you should not be wearing that. You should be wearing a United States of America [inaudible]."

Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, dating back to the signing of the Jones-Shafroth Act in 1917.

Later in the video, Irizarry is shown asking a Cook County Forest Preserve District police officer for help in getting the man away from her. The officer does not move any closer to the pair or appear to do anything to actively end the situation.

"As you can see the police are not even -- he's not even grabbing him. Like this guy is just walking up to me. He basically got in my face, damn near almost touched me," Irizarry is heard saying to the camera during the incident.

'You shouldn't be wearing that in the United States': Man berates woman wearing a Puerto Rican T-shirt

MEGHAN KENEALLY,Good Morning America 4 hours ago

Illinois man harasses a woman for wearing Puerto Rican shirt

Scroll back up to restore default view.

'You shouldn't be wearing that in the United States': Man berates woman wearing a Puerto Rican T-shirt originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

A 62-year-old man appears to be in need of geography lessons after he allegedly accosted a woman for wearing a T-shirt with an image of the Puerto Rican flag in an Illinois park.

"You should not be wearing that in the United States of America," the man can be heard saying to her on a video she posted on Facebook. "Are you a citizen?"

Mia Irizarry posted the video of the incident that shows the man, who is facing charges, verbally harassing her at a pavilion that she said she rented with the appropriate permits. The man, Timothy Trybus, has been charged with simple assault, according to an incident report.

ABC News has been unable to reach Trybus.

Irizarry is shown in the video wearing a sleeveless shirt that is made to look like the Puerto Rican flag, and has the name of the U.S. territory printed on it.

That appears to have set off the man.

"Are you a United States citizen?" he asked again, prompting Irizarry to say she is. "Then you should not be wearing that. You should be wearing a United States of America [inaudible]."

Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, dating back to the signing of the Jones-Shafroth Act in 1917.

Later in the video, Irizarry is shown asking a Cook County Forest Preserve District police officer for help in getting the man away from her. The officer does not move any closer to the pair or appear to do anything to actively end the situation.

"As you can see the police are not even -- he's not even grabbing him. Like this guy is just walking up to me. He basically got in my face, damn near almost touched me," Irizarry is heard saying to the camera during the incident.

Later in the video, a female officer can be seen arriving on the scene and directly engaging the man.

"Hopefully, this officer will actually do something," Irizarry is heard saying when the second officer arrives.

The female officer talks to the man, telling him, "Listen, you don't need to be badgering anybody."

The female officer is heard telling the man that he may face charges "for not being compliant, and you don’t come here harassing people."

"If you're drunk, you don't belong here," she is heard telling the man.

Irizarry did not immediately return ABC News' request for comment.

Irizarry posted the video on her Facebook account after the June 14 encounter at Caldwell Woods, which is part of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Agency officials released a statement July 9 saying they were aware of the incident and video and "immediately launched an investigation pursuant to our personnel policies into the response of our officer."

"The investigation is ongoing and the officer involved has been assigned to desk duty pending the outcome. The intoxicated individual involved in the incident was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct," the Forest Preserves tweeted.

Another tweet said, "All people are welcome in the Forest Preserves of Cook County and no one should feel unsafe while visiting our preserves.”

Forest Preserves spokeswoman Stacina Stagner called the video "very disturbing."

"If the investigation confirms the officer did not take appropriate steps to ensure public safety, disciplinary action will be swift,” Stagner said via email. “At the same time, this video will help inform ongoing officer training so we can all learn from this unfortunate episode.”

Stagner confirmed that the man who was shown harassing Irizarry was charged by the preserve's police department.

Stagner and the Forest Preserves are not the only ones upset by the video, as Puerto Rican Gov. Ricardo Rossello tweeted about the "undignified event," calling the man a bigot and finding fault with the first officer who "did not interfere."

"I am appalled, shocked & disturbed by the officer’s behavior," Rossello posted in a tweet.

7/10/2018 10:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...346|347|348|349|350...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.