TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2018 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/5/2018 7:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/5/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Liberal outrage at Berkley --- 600 police officers hired when Ben Shapiro wanted to speak there. LOL.

Talk about free speech.
Conservative outrage in America—the President freaks out when NFL players kneel. LOL

Talk about free speech.
False equivalency. NFL players are employees who in many eyes disrespected veterans. Since the color guard is always out and the announcer says "please stand so we can honor those who served".

You just cannot accept that you are ever wrong.
The constitution gives Ben Shapiro as much right to speak at Berkeley as it does the NFL players the right to kneel. Meaning, they are both protected from government action but not guaranteed a forum. The NFL, Berkeley, etc do not have to allow them the space to speak.
Indeed they don't but there were those that wanted to hear him speak. Have you ever heard him speak? He is at best benign. Yet people rioted because they did not like what he had to say and it took 600 police officers to hold them at bay. The fact that you cannot see that this is insanity is mind boggling to me. He actually does a Q & A at the end of each speech and welcomes those that oppose his views to speak first and debate very civilly.

You are honestly a terrible person and very one sided. Yes, I would say that to your face too.
7/6/2018 10:30 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/5/2018 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/5/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Why are we cutting the military budget, that actually generates jobs vs. addressing entitlements?

Cutting the military budget won't mean less jobs generated.
How so? Do you know how many sub contractors rely on the military? That is such an ignorant and incorrect statement.
Cutting any government spending reduces jobs.
How would cutting entitlements reduce jobs? Do tell.
7/6/2018 10:31 AM
Liberal outrage at Berkley --- 600 police officers hired when Ben Shapiro wanted to speak there. LOL.

Talk about free speech.
Conservative outrage in America—the President freaks out when NFL players kneel. LOL

Talk about free speech.
False equivalency. NFL players are employees who in many eyes disrespected veterans. Since the color guard is always out and the announcer says "please stand so we can honor those who served".

The constitution gives Ben Shapiro as much right to speak at Berkeley as it does the NFL players the right to kneel. Meaning, they are both protected from government action but not guaranteed a forum. The NFL, Berkeley, etc do not have to allow them the space to speak.
Yep and we have the freedom to criticize both Berkley and those who disrespect our veterans.
7/6/2018 10:32 AM

Talk about free speech.

Talk about free speech.

I don't like it but I the first two sentences are legally correct.

The last sentence is problematic. Berkeley, assuming we are talking about the University, is a public school and must allow anyone to speak...forum or not. The NFL is a private corporation and can set employee action policies as a condition of employment.
7/6/2018 10:33 AM
I can see Berkley banning the KKK or BLM but Ben Shapiro is super benign. Those people are insane. Like bad luck.
7/6/2018 10:36 AM
Why are we cutting the military budget, that actually generates jobs vs. addressing entitlements?

How so? Do you know how many sub contractors rely on the military? That is such an ignorant and incorrect statement.
The money lost would be from uber expensive and unnecessary projects. We would still have the best military in the world.
7/6/2018 10:42 AM
Posted by tangplay on 7/6/2018 10:42:00 AM (view original):

The money lost would be from uber expensive and unnecessary projects. We would still have the best military in the world.
That is so subjective.

So if I am a sub contractor and I produce rubber for wheels of fighter jets and you decide to produce fewer jets, do I not lose out? Entitlements cost nothing. Cut them not the military budget, that actually relies on the private sector. Take a business class and learn something before posting your drivel here. Why do you think the Gov't saved the auto manufacturers? They rely on 1000s of sub contractors too as do the airlines.

7/6/2018 10:45 AM
It still means less jobs. Someone is working on those projects.
7/6/2018 10:45 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 7/6/2018 10:45:00 AM (view original):
It still means less jobs. Someone is working on those projects.
tang has never taken a business course in his life. He thinks the military itself makes stuff instead of outsourcing to companies like Lockheed, who themselves outsource to 1000s of smaller entities. Yet his vote is equal to mine. This is painful.
7/6/2018 10:48 AM
Posted by DoctorKz on 7/5/2018 8:29:00 PM (view original):
As long as they put their politics ahead of my Flag, I will boycott.
So I'm sure this is pointless but I'm gonna try anyway.

Doc, see these words of yours? "...my Flag."

That's the problem with so so many on BOTH sides of the political spectrum............. IT AIN'T YOUR Flag!!

It's OUR Flag............every citizen, every stripe, every fool, everybody............even those you don't like or disagree with!! THAT's WHAT you served to protect!

AND, thank you very much for your service!
7/6/2018 11:20 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/6/2018 10:42:00 AM (view original):

That is so subjective.

So if I am a sub contractor and I produce rubber for wheels of fighter jets and you decide to produce fewer jets, do I not lose out? Entitlements cost nothing. Cut them not the military budget, that actually relies on the private sector. Take a business class and learn something before posting your drivel here. Why do you think the Gov't saved the auto manufacturers? They rely on 1000s of sub contractors too as do the airlines.

The government doesn't produce fewer jets. They produce cheaper jets.
7/6/2018 11:22 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 7/6/2018 10:36:00 AM (view original):
I can see Berkley banning the KKK or BLM but Ben Shapiro is super benign. Those people are insane. Like bad luck.
The ACLU has fought for the KKK (and from a constitutional perspective rightfully so) to hold rallies, march in parades, etc., and won those cases. I'm not sure, if pressed to the legal limit, Berkeley could exclude any group that was determined to speak on campus. So far, Berkeley has gotten away with it mostly through intimidation and bluffing. If Berkeley actually outright refused (and went to court to defend that refusal,) it would cost every university professor their right to free speech which they exercise so frequently and declare themselves immune to repercussions based on those free speech protections.
7/6/2018 11:47 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...334|335|336|337|338...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.