TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Yeah, go run your brilliant idea in front of your two constitutional lawyer buddies.

let me know when they stop laughing at you.
6/26/2018 10:47 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/26/2018 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/26/2018 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/26/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
If you can’t afford to provide due process to all of the people you arrest, the answer isn’t skip due process for some of them. The answer is arrest less people until you can afford to provide due process to all.
It is fewer people and by your definition you want to allow criminals to run amok. OK.....

Who pays for this due process?
Then they run amok. As Franklin said, “it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer.”
In theory that is great but just not practical. Who pays for this?
6/26/2018 10:59 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/26/2018 10:59:00 AM (view original):
If you can’t afford to provide due process to all of the people you arrest, the answer isn’t skip due process for some of them. The answer is arrest less people until you can afford to provide due process to all.
It is fewer people and by your definition you want to allow criminals to run amok. OK.....

Then they run amok. As Franklin said, “it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer.”
We pay. “It’s too expensive” is not a valid reason to deny rights.
6/26/2018 11:01 AM
Posted by The Taint on 6/26/2018 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, go run your brilliant idea in front of your two constitutional lawyer buddies.

let me know when they stop laughing at you.
They laugh at me and my ideas all the time. They also agree that I am practical just not realistic all the time. I agree with that.

My issue is that the system is broken and we don't want to try to fix it.
6/26/2018 11:01 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/26/2018 11:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/26/2018 10:59:00 AM (view original):

We pay. “It’s too expensive” is not a valid reason to deny rights.
Thank you.

Maybe the $$ can come from your 99% tax on income over $10mil?

6/26/2018 11:03 AM
Sure
6/26/2018 11:04 AM
I see Boris has renewed his ******* permit
6/26/2018 11:07 AM
Another day, another b_l embarrassment. Some things just never get old.
I'm so glad he's finally over his depression of Mike leaving; things were far too sensible without him for a while.
6/26/2018 11:09 AM
Wow. CCCP has gone insane. It's funny how he disregards me for wanting to change the electoral college, but now he argues against due process, a basic right in the constitution. Bonkers.
6/26/2018 11:16 AM
Posted by tangplay on 6/26/2018 11:16:00 AM (view original):
Wow. CCCP has gone insane. It's funny how he disregards me for wanting to change the electoral college, but now he argues against due process, a basic right in the constitution. Bonkers.
False equivalency yet again. Thanks for playing. When a perp shoots a police officer and he shoots back, is that due process? Y or N?

Answer. Because bad luck refuses to.

I'll give you some sage advice. You want to be a reporter. Listen to the Sunday podcast of Ben Shapiro and Jason Whitlock and let me know your thoughts.
6/26/2018 11:19 AM
Posted by all3 on 6/26/2018 11:09:00 AM (view original):
Another day, another b_l embarrassment. Some things just never get old.
I'm so glad he's finally over his depression of Mike leaving; things were far too sensible without him for a while.
Like clockwork.
6/26/2018 11:20 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/26/2018 11:20:00 AM (view original):
False equivalency yet again. Thanks for playing. When a perp shoots a police officer and he shoots back, is that due process? Y or N?

I'll give you some sage advice. You want to be a reporter. Listen to the Sunday podcast of Ben Shapiro and Jason Whitlock and let me know your thoughts.
Jesus, you listen to those two idiots? That explains a lot.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding about how due process protects us and how it only works if it applies to everyone.
6/26/2018 11:22 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/26/2018 11:22:00 AM (view original):

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding about how due process protects us and how it only works if it applies to everyone.
At least I answer questions. And I am pretty sure Ben Shapiro, a Harvard Law School graduate would take your definition of him as an "idiot" with a grain of salt.

The difference between us bad luck, aside from me being tougher than you and a better parent, is that I do understand where you are coming from and while I disagree, I get it. You refuse to see where I am coming from whatsoever. You are obtuse. You give zero deference to people who disagree with you. If you want to see a true idiot, just look in the mirror.

But let's have TP listen to the podcast and see what he says. Fair?

6/26/2018 11:26 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/26/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/26/2018 11:22:00 AM (view original):

At least I answer questions. And I am pretty sure Ben Shapiro, a Harvard Law School graduate would take your definition of him as an "idiot" with a grain of salt.

The difference between us bad luck, aside from me being tougher than you and a better parent, is that I do understand where you are coming from and while I disagree, I get it. You refuse to see where I am coming from whatsoever. You are obtuse. You give zero deference to people who disagree with you. If you want to see a true idiot, just look in the mirror.

But let's have TP listen to the podcast and see what he says. Fair?

I don't think I've skipped any of your questions.

Not sure what makes you think you're tougher and a better parent (weird) but whatever.

I don't think you actually do understand "where I'm coming from" on this issue. You keep saying things like, "we can waive due process for people that are obviously illegal." That's a pretty big clue that you don't really understand the issue at all, which is a prerequisite for understanding where I'm coming from.

It's not about me giving zero deference to people who disagree with me, I give zero deference to people who continue to argue about something when they are clearly ignorant and incapable of grasping even the most basic issues at hand.
6/26/2018 11:34 AM

How is that false equivalency? Both due process and the electoral college are core elements of our republic. To answer your question, no, that is not due process, that is a strawman.

To correct you, I AM a reporter, but I still like hearing differing perspectives. Give me a link to the podcast. IDK what Jason Whitlock has to do with it.

I just wish you would balance out Shapiro with something else in your ear. You are far too one sided and naive on this issue.
6/26/2018 11:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...310|311|312|313|314...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.