TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Agree to disagree. I guess its semantics. I don't like the word "privilege" you do. But I understand where you are coming from overall.

Seriously? Semantics?

So if white privilege was called white advantage or white allowance, this argument could have been avoided?
Possibly. Its less white but more not being black as you argument seems to portray it because you don't think Asians or Hindus for example are at a disadvantage.

So if you said black disadvantage, I may have it shrugged it off. White privilege, NO!
6/4/2018 1:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/4/2018 1:59:00 PM (view original):
White privilege is garbage. There's black privilege in Zimbabwe and Asian privilege in China and Islamic privilege in Iran and Jewish privilege in Israel...It's not white, or black, or Asian or Islamic or Jewish. It's about the concentration of money and power and that, my friends, is color, religious and ethnically blind. It all depends on where you are on this little spinning planet of ours.

White privilege is an intellectually lazy attempt to deflect actual societal issues by creating some bullshit theory that pushes emotional hot buttons to stir up nonsense.

Go pound sand.
If there is Asian privilege in China as you say there is, it's hard to argue that there ISN'T white privilege in America.

And since we aren't in or talking about China, referring to the issue in America as white privilege makes sense. Because it isn't just a money issue, well-off black people face discrimination too.
6/4/2018 2:11 PM
BL is so angry.

BL have you ever experienced racism yourself?
6/4/2018 2:17 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/4/2018 1:59:00 PM (view original):
White privilege is garbage. There's black privilege in Zimbabwe and Asian privilege in China and Islamic privilege in Iran and Jewish privilege in Israel...It's not white, or black, or Asian or Islamic or Jewish. It's about the concentration of money and power and that, my friends, is color, religious and ethnically blind. It all depends on where you are on this little spinning planet of ours.

White privilege is an intellectually lazy attempt to deflect actual societal issues by creating some bullshit theory that pushes emotional hot buttons to stir up nonsense.

Go pound sand.
If there is Asian privilege in China as you say there is, it's hard to argue that there ISN'T white privilege in America.

And since we aren't in or talking about China, referring to the issue in America as white privilege makes sense. Because it isn't just a money issue, well-off black people face discrimination too.
You are missing my abstract point by employing very concrete thinking. That's too bad.
6/4/2018 2:18 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:29:00 PM (view original):
I's? You mean mine?

I agree that there are racists and people in companies who are racists. But your definition is not what my definition is or ever will be. I consider privilege something special and I don't consider being white to be special. You obviously do because you are racist. Which proves my point.

Tell me again how Pat Mahomes is the next Tom Brady. LOL.
Dude, I am not a racist. I don't know why you keep saying that I am.

Yes/No:
Do you agree that white privilege exists, going off of BL's definition?
6/4/2018 2:19 PM
When a white person goes into a department store, they have the privilege of walking around the store without security following them.

When a white person carries a gun in an open carry state, they have the privilege of a calm and rational interaction with a police officer who approaches them.

When a white person checks out of an AirBnB, they have the privilege of not having the cops called because the neighbors think they're robbing the place.
6/4/2018 2:19 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 2:19:00 PM (view original):
When a white person goes into a department store, they have the privilege of walking around the store without security following them.

When a white person carries a gun in an open carry state, they have the privilege of a calm and rational interaction with a police officer who approaches them.

When a white person checks out of an AirBnB, they have the privilege of not having the cops called because the neighbors think they're robbing the place.
#1) If the white person looks the Birdman, he may have security follow him around. If the black man looks like Collin Powell he is likely safe.

#2) See #1

#3) See #2

Thanks
6/4/2018 2:31 PM

These seem like special rights, at least compared to what blacks experience.
6/4/2018 2:33 PM
This girl looks like a normal person:

She's a nursing student. She bought a bag from Barney's. She walked out the store. Three blocks later she was surrounded by cops.
6/4/2018 2:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 2:33:00 PM (view original):

Nope. I already responded to you. A lot of it is how you dress. You come in wearing a suit, you won't be bothered. You come in dressed like a punk rocker and you may be. This is not privilege. Again I don't disagree with you that there will be:

#1) Racist security guards
#2) Racist police officers
#3) Racist neighbors

Sheesh
6/4/2018 2:37 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 2:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 2:33:00 PM (view original):

Nope. I already responded to you. A lot of it is how you dress. You come in wearing a suit, you won't be bothered. You come in dressed like a punk rocker and you may be. This is not privilege. Again I don't disagree with you that there will be:

#1) Racist security guards
#2) Racist police officers
#3) Racist neighbors

Sheesh
If there are a bunch of racist people out there and whites don't have to worry about dealing with those racist people, isn't that privilege?
6/4/2018 2:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):
This girl looks like a normal person:

She's a nursing student. She bought a bag from Barney's. She walked out the store. Three blocks later she was surrounded by cops.
They paid $500k in a settlement. Justice was served. It was a racist clerk. Racism does exist.

6/4/2018 2:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...252|253|254|255|256...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.