TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by laramiebob on 6/4/2018 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Especially when Obama SHOULD get the credit. We're still living with HIS economic recovery.
Obama lowered the corp. tax rate? Oh....
6/4/2018 1:30 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 1:01:00 PM (view original):
It will be weird when President Pence takes credit for all that.
Only weird thing around here is you. Captain 99% tax. LOL.
6/4/2018 1:31 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Oh and:

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/dna-links-prove-jews-are-a-race-says-genetics-expert-1.5220113

Although Jews make up less than 3% of the population, they have won more than 25% of the Nobel Prizes awarded to American scientists since 1950. Jews also account for 20% of this country’s chief executives and make up 22% of Ivy League students. Psychologists and educational researchers have pegged their average IQ at 107.5 to 115, with their verbal IQ at more than 120, a stunning standard deviation above the average of 100 found in those of European ancestry.

I'll criticize your propagandist articles as well. Why make a cutoff at 1950? To spin the data the way you want to spin it. Stop with the garbage and just say what you feel, what you believe. People who post articles as their argument are empty vessels being used as a mouthpiece for someone else's thoughts and ideas. Damn tired of it from all of you.

Rant over, thanks for putting up with me.
6/4/2018 1:32 PM
I am guessing its because they started measuring this since 1950. I am trying to make point that Jews get labeled like everyone else and just because they overcome certain biases doesn't mean they don't exist. Bad Luck and TP believe that we should help those that cannot overcome biases on their own and I think we should let capitalism just make it work on its own. The smaller the Gov't the better.
6/4/2018 1:35 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/4/2018 1:13:00 PM (view original):
So that's it? It appears that CCCP admitted that, to BL and I's definition, white privilege/institutional racism exist.
Good thing you and bl are always wrong.
6/4/2018 1:35 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/4/2018 1:35:00 PM (view original):
So that's it? It appears that CCCP admitted that, to BL and I's definition, white privilege/institutional racism exist.
At least they are consistent. :)

I don't think they are wrong here. But their operational definitions are way off IMO. Stating that it is special to be white is something a Nazi would post.
6/4/2018 1:36 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:36:00 PM (view original):

I don't think they are wrong here. But their operational definitions are way off IMO. Stating that it is special to be white is something a Nazi would post.
You're (deliberately?) misconstruing my point.

I'm not saying whites ARE special. I'm saying society treats whites as if they are special when compared to blacks.
6/4/2018 1:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 1:39:00 PM (view original):

I'm not saying whites ARE special. I'm saying society treats whites as if they are special when compared to blacks.
Not yours but TP's. You are softer in this than Tangplay. But like it or not you two are in the same boat. Yes, whites face fewer biases. I agree with that. Don't think it makes them privileged. Again, I understand where you are coming from on this issue. What you don't understand is that there are multiple biases and people overcome them daily. No need to have any special programs or Gov't interference unless these actions are overt.

6/4/2018 1:44 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:35:00 PM (view original):
I am guessing its because they started measuring this since 1950. I am trying to make point that Jews get labeled like everyone else and just because they overcome certain biases doesn't mean they don't exist. Bad Luck and TP believe that we should help those that cannot overcome biases on their own and I think we should let capitalism just make it work on its own. The smaller the Gov't the better.
Your point, IMHO, is much more forcibly made by just saying what you said rather than posting an article that can be attacked 20 different ways. When you post an article under your ID, you own ALL of it...not just the few sound bites you choose to extract as eye candy. I'm just saying...
6/4/2018 1:44 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/4/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Your point, IMHO, is much more forcibly made by just saying what you said rather than posting an article that can be attacked 20 different ways. When you post an article under your ID, you own ALL of it...not just the few sound bites you choose to extract as eye candy. I'm just saying...
That's fair.
6/4/2018 1:45 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):

Not yours but TP's. You are softer in this than Tangplay. But like it or not you two are in the same boat. Yes, whites face fewer biases. I agree with that. Don't think it makes them privileged. Again, I understand where you are coming from on this issue. What you don't understand is that there are multiple biases and people overcome them daily. No need to have any special programs or Gov't interference unless these actions are overt.

A given white person faces fewer biases than a given black person. That is white privilege in a nutshell.

I do understand that there are many, many biases and that many, many people overcome them. Neither of those facts cancel out the existence of white privilege.
6/4/2018 1:47 PM
Agree to disagree. I guess its semantics. I don't like the word "privilege" you do. But I understand where you are coming from overall.

6/4/2018 1:49 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/4/2018 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):

A given white person faces fewer biases than a given black person. That is white privilege in a nutshell.

I do understand that there are many, many biases and that many, many people overcome them. Neither of those facts cancel out the existence of white privilege.
When are you and tangplay hanging out next? :)
6/4/2018 1:49 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/4/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Agree to disagree. I guess its semantics. I don't like the word "privilege" you do. But I understand where you are coming from overall.

Seriously? Semantics?

So if white privilege was called white advantage or white allowance, this argument could have been avoided?
6/4/2018 1:51 PM
White privilege is garbage. There's black privilege in Zimbabwe and Asian privilege in China and Islamic privilege in Iran and Jewish privilege in Israel...It's not white, or black, or Asian or Islamic or Jewish. It's about the concentration of money and power and that, my friends, is color, religious and ethnically blind. It all depends on where you are on this little spinning planet of ours.

White privilege is an intellectually lazy attempt to deflect actual societal issues by creating some bullshit theory that pushes emotional hot buttons to stir up nonsense.

Go pound sand.
6/4/2018 1:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...251|252|253|254|255...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.