TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 5/31/2018 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Similarly situated is not the same and no two cases are alike. I am not sure what else I can tell you about this. Maybe Phil has a better lawyer? Maybe Phil said he was trying to get $ to pay for his kid's surgery? IDK. Stats can be misleading.
Will you admit that it’s at least possible that racism could be a factor in the sentencing discrepancies?
Anything is possible. It is also possible that you are looking for racism where there is none. Would you admit that is possible?

I agree it is possible but it is not probable.
5/31/2018 4:48 PM
The majority of folks on university campuses are "biased" towards the search for truth and knowledge.............. the FACT that some folks get all marshmellowy and scared at what that search reveals says more about the doofuss that's ignoring unpleasant data than it does about the researchers.

It's MUCH easier to just run from difficult data, blame and claim bias, bury the head in the sand and say "it ain't so" than it is to hike up the cajones, face difficult realities and start WORKING to solve/affect the problem(s).

Got climate?
5/31/2018 5:00 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 4:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/31/2018 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Similarly situated is not the same and no two cases are alike. I am not sure what else I can tell you about this. Maybe Phil has a better lawyer? Maybe Phil said he was trying to get $ to pay for his kid's surgery? IDK. Stats can be misleading.
Will you admit that it’s at least possible that racism could be a factor in the sentencing discrepancies?
Anything is possible. It is also possible that you are looking for racism where there is none. Would you admit that is possible?

I agree it is possible but it is not probable.
But I'm not the one who found the racism. That was the United States Sentencing Commission in November of 2017.

And not "anything is possible," that's a bullshit blow-off. Will you admit it's possible that racism is contributing to the sentencing discrepancies?
5/31/2018 5:04 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
LMAO --- I knew you could not give a one word answer.

Then the stats show the NBA and NFL are racist. Those stats are misleading. My dad and I used to own properties. There is a plethora of data that has to be reviewed before renting. Most significantly:
  • Employment
  • Compensation
  • References
It has to do with comp. first and foremost followed by references. We can discuss each case individually if you like but stats show that whites are wealthier. That is not shocking. And I have explained to you that this delta is shrinking. Don't tell me what stats show, you are smart guy (compared to tangplay) you understand that stats can be misleading.

Jews by far are the wealthiest segment in the US. Does that mean I have Jewish privilege? Stats are misleading and you know this and that is why you hang your hat on them.

And you also can't read. I asked for a one word answer.

The NBA and NFL stats:
Are a tiny fraction of the populous.
However the NBA and NFL do discriminate.

How do the NBA and NFL discriminate? This I have to hear.
I know people who have been turned down because they are too white. There is stigma there. It is one of many factors, but many people face it.
Really? can you give us an example? There's a guy who is a confessed child abuser who will probably be drafted in this years MLB draft (he's white, by the way) but teams would turn down a player because he is "too white"?
The MLB draft does favor black kids. In the scouting world, it's called the "6th tool." Anyone want to take a guess as to why black kids are favored over white kids?
5/31/2018 8:53 PM
Higher likelihood of signing?
5/31/2018 9:17 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:12:00 PM (view original):

Then the stats show the NBA and NFL are racist. Those stats are misleading. My dad and I used to own properties. There is a plethora of data that has to be reviewed before renting. Most significantly:
  • Employment
  • Compensation
  • References
It has to do with comp. first and foremost followed by references. We can discuss each case individually if you like but stats show that whites are wealthier. That is not shocking. And I have explained to you that this delta is shrinking. Don't tell me what stats show, you are smart guy (compared to tangplay) you understand that stats can be misleading.

Jews by far are the wealthiest segment in the US. Does that mean I have Jewish privilege? Stats are misleading and you know this and that is why you hang your hat on them.

The NBA and NFL stats:

I think you're wrong there, dino. if a white person or an Asian person or a jew had the same talenst as LeBron James, or Aaron Tom Brady, they'd be playing in the NBA or NFL if they wanted to. heck, there are abusers and criminals playing both because they have talent.
dino?
sorry, I meant tangplay
5/31/2018 9:36 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/31/2018 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):

• Employment
  • Compensation
  • References

The NBA and NFL stats:

How do the NBA and NFL discriminate? This I have to hear.
I know people who have been turned down because they are too white. There is stigma there. It is one of many factors, but many people face it.
Really? can you give us an example? There's a guy who is a confessed child abuser who will probably be drafted in this years MLB draft (he's white, by the way) but teams would turn down a player because he is "too white"?
The MLB draft does favor black kids. In the scouting world, it's called the "6th tool." Anyone want to take a guess as to why black kids are favored over white kids?
trying to win back black fans?
5/31/2018 9:37 PM
I wish you were right. It's all about the bottom line. Black kids sign for less. It's quite unfortunate, but it's definitely no secret.
5/31/2018 9:42 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Wealth 99%. Race 1%.

Pretty sure OJ was guilty...
OK so if a white and black person have equal incomes and are in court (both are innocent), you think that the black person has an equal chance of being convicted?
Yes
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

You are wrong.
No I am not. I don't trust liberal studies.
Liberal studies? It's Michigan University? Wtf?
You don't think universities are biased toward the Left? Really?
No, I don't. It's Michigan U, Cmon. Michigan isn't even a liberal state.
5/31/2018 9:44 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 9:36:00 PM (view original):

• Employment
  • Compensation
  • References

The NBA and NFL stats:

I think you're wrong there, dino. if a white person or an Asian person or a jew had the same talenst as LeBron James, or Aaron Tom Brady, they'd be playing in the NBA or NFL if they wanted to. heck, there are abusers and criminals playing both because they have talent.
dino?
sorry, I meant tangplay
Oh, OK, yeah I agree with that sentiment, but again like we said with the racism bit, it is with all other things equal.

I believe that without the anthem stuff Colin Kaepernick would be on an NFL team right now.
5/31/2018 9:45 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Wealth 99%. Race 1%.

Pretty sure OJ was guilty...
OK so if a white and black person have equal incomes and are in court (both are innocent), you think that the black person has an equal chance of being convicted?
Yes
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

You are wrong.
No I am not. I don't trust liberal studies.
Liberal studies? It's Michigan University? Wtf?
You don't think universities are biased toward the Left? Really?
No, I don't. It's Michigan U, Cmon. Michigan isn't even a liberal state.
Get serious, lol. Have you ever been to Ann Arbor? Read the Wikipedia page for an introduction.
5/31/2018 9:51 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 9:36:00 PM (view original):

• Employment
  • Compensation
  • References

The NBA and NFL stats:

dino?
sorry, I meant tangplay
Oh, OK, yeah I agree with that sentiment, but again like we said with the racism bit, it is with all other things equal.

I believe that without the anthem stuff Colin Kaepernick would be on an NFL team right now.
You're right about Kaepernick, but it's not because of racism. It's because he is a distraction that teams don't want to deal with.
5/31/2018 9:59 PM
He would have been a Raven if his gf hadn't screwed it up with Ray Lewis.
5/31/2018 10:00 PM
Wow! Dino has gone absolutely crazy. I used to try to the defend the guy, but man, he's nuts.
5/31/2018 10:05 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/31/2018 10:05:00 PM (view original):
Wow! Dino has gone absolutely crazy. I used to try to the defend the guy, but man, he's nuts.
Pages 494 and 495 of that thread are...oh, never mind.
5/31/2018 10:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...239|240|241|242|243...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.