TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/31/2018 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Not at all. I think in track and field they dominate too. I agree that in hoops and the NFL (soccer too) they are better from what I have seen. Can you name one white CB? I don't see that as a negative btw. Scandanavians are generally better power lifters. Brazilians kick *** in soccer and MMA. Asians are excellent at badminton. Jews are excellent in owning teams. LOL.

You may or may not school me. Maybe you're a superior athlete? Would you school me in h2h combat? :)

What are your stats in terms of height and weight?

I don't think it is racism that increases poverty rates and jail sentences, it is the lack of two parents. Nice try.

How could only having one parent get you a longer jail sentence than a white person who committed the same crime with the same criminal background?
No two situations are identical.
You literally ignore all evidence of institutional racism. No wonder you don't think it exists.
5/31/2018 2:23 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
LMAO --- I knew you could not give a one word answer.

Then the stats show the NBA and NFL are racist. Those stats are misleading. My dad and I used to own properties. There is a plethora of data that has to be reviewed before renting. Most significantly:
  • Employment
  • Compensation
  • References
It has to do with comp. first and foremost followed by references. We can discuss each case individually if you like but stats show that whites are wealthier. That is not shocking. And I have explained to you that this delta is shrinking. Don't tell me what stats show, you are smart guy (compared to tangplay) you understand that stats can be misleading.

Jews by far are the wealthiest segment in the US. Does that mean I have Jewish privilege? Stats are misleading and you know this and that is why you hang your hat on them.

And you also can't read. I asked for a one word answer.

The NBA and NFL stats:
Are a tiny fraction of the populous.
However the NBA and NFL do discriminate.

I think you're wrong there, dino. if a white person or an Asian person or a jew had the same talenst as LeBron James, or Aaron Tom Brady, they'd be playing in the NBA or NFL if they wanted to. heck, there are abusers and criminals playing both because they have talent.
dino?
5/31/2018 2:46 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
LMAO --- I knew you could not give a one word answer.

Then the stats show the NBA and NFL are racist. Those stats are misleading. My dad and I used to own properties. There is a plethora of data that has to be reviewed before renting. Most significantly:
  • Employment
  • Compensation
  • References
It has to do with comp. first and foremost followed by references. We can discuss each case individually if you like but stats show that whites are wealthier. That is not shocking. And I have explained to you that this delta is shrinking. Don't tell me what stats show, you are smart guy (compared to tangplay) you understand that stats can be misleading.

Jews by far are the wealthiest segment in the US. Does that mean I have Jewish privilege? Stats are misleading and you know this and that is why you hang your hat on them.

And you also can't read. I asked for a one word answer.

The NBA and NFL stats:
Are a tiny fraction of the populous.
However the NBA and NFL do discriminate.

How do the NBA and NFL discriminate? This I have to hear.
I know people who have been turned down because they are too white. There is stigma there. It is one of many factors, but many people face it.
Really? can you give us an example? There's a guy who is a confessed child abuser who will probably be drafted in this years MLB draft (he's white, by the way) but teams would turn down a player because he is "too white"?
I said it was very minuscule but there is bias.
5/31/2018 2:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/31/2018 2:23:00 PM (view original):
Not at all. I think in track and field they dominate too. I agree that in hoops and the NFL (soccer too) they are better from what I have seen. Can you name one white CB? I don't see that as a negative btw. Scandanavians are generally better power lifters. Brazilians kick *** in soccer and MMA. Asians are excellent at badminton. Jews are excellent in owning teams. LOL.

You may or may not school me. Maybe you're a superior athlete? Would you school me in h2h combat? :)

I don't think it is racism that increases poverty rates and jail sentences, it is the lack of two parents. Nice try.

How could only having one parent get you a longer jail sentence than a white person who committed the same crime with the same criminal background?
You literally ignore all evidence of institutional racism. No wonder you don't think it exists.
No. I am happy to address specific incidents not random stats. And if in specific instances an injustice happens those people must be held accountable.
5/31/2018 3:54 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/31/2018 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/31/2018 10:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/30/2018 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Ahhhhh, you better look a little closer. Wrong again right winger lol. THAT comment was from your right wing sympatico Boris........... who's pretty free with spewing namecalling and insults. lol
What World do you live in where someone typing: "btw..i don't just disrespect trump......i hate him" isn't being hateful?

I only spew insults at tangplay. Who says he wants to eliminate the electoral college and at bad luck sometimes, who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist and wants to tax millionaires at 99%. He btw also called tangplay an idiot.

I don't insult anyone else.

TRUTH
you've called me an idiot and stupid, and I'm pretty sure you've called Taint that as well. I could probably find other instances too, if I cared enough, but I don't.
Find that post. All I know is that you called me a terrible person.
5/31/2018 3:55 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Wealth 99%. Race 1%.

Pretty sure OJ was guilty...
OK so if a white and black person have equal incomes and are in court (both are innocent), you think that the black person has an equal chance of being convicted?
Yes
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

You are wrong.
No I am not. I don't trust liberal studies.
5/31/2018 3:56 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/31/2018 2:23:00 PM (view original):

No. I am happy to address specific incidents not random stats. And if in specific instances an injustice happens those people must be held accountable.
A) They aren't "random stats." They are prison sentences studied by the United States Sentencing Commission. They are facts.

B) If I give you individual cases like: John Williams, he was arrested for grand theft for stealing a $1200 bicycle off of a bike rack, he was sentenced to 3 months. He's black, he has no prior arrests. Here's Phil Smith, he was arrested for grand theft for stealing a $1300 bicycle off of a bike rack, he was sentenced to probation. He's white, he has no prior arrests. You'll say, well that's one case but it doesn't mean the justice system is racist.

The smart way to do it is to look at all cases together and see if there is a trend:

Consistent with its previous reports, the Commission found that sentence length continues to be associated with some demographic factors. In particular, after controlling for a wide variety of sentencing factors, the Commission found:

1. Black male offenders continued to receive longer sentences than similarly situated White male offenders. Black male offenders received sentences on average 19.1 percent longer than similarly situated White male offenders during the Post-Report period (fiscal years 2012-2016), as they had for the prior four periods studied. The differences in sentence length remained relatively unchanged compared to the Post-Gall period.
5/31/2018 4:07 PM
Similarly situated is not the same and no two cases are alike. I am not sure what else I can tell you about this. Maybe Phil has a better lawyer? Maybe Phil said he was trying to get $ to pay for his kid's surgery? IDK. Stats can be misleading.
5/31/2018 4:11 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Similarly situated is not the same and no two cases are alike. I am not sure what else I can tell you about this. Maybe Phil has a better lawyer? Maybe Phil said he was trying to get $ to pay for his kid's surgery? IDK. Stats can be misleading.
Will you admit that it’s at least possible that racism could be a factor in the sentencing discrepancies?
5/31/2018 4:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/31/2018 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Will you admit that it’s at least possible that racism could be a factor in the sentencing discrepancies?
I'll admit it is certainly possible. No knowing anything about these cases, to rule out the possibility would be obtuse. It is also certainly possible that "racism" has nothing to do with it.
5/31/2018 4:22 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/31/2018 4:22:00 PM (view original):
I'll admit it is certainly possible. No knowing anything about these cases, to rule out the possibility would be obtuse. It is also certainly possible that "racism" has nothing to do with it.
cccp? Is that your alias?
5/31/2018 4:25 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/31/2018 4:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/31/2018 4:22:00 PM (view original):
cccp? Is that your alias?
LOL, no. I have two alt IDs on this website...gomiami1 and usf_bulls. Both of them only play FC Dynasty and don't have forum posting rights.

Up until last week? I don't think I had ever spoken to any of you before.
5/31/2018 4:32 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Wealth 99%. Race 1%.

OK so if a white and black person have equal incomes and are in court (both are innocent), you think that the black person has an equal chance of being convicted?
Yes
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

You are wrong.
Liberal studies? It's Michigan University? Wtf?
5/31/2018 4:34 PM
All studies are liberal studies, don't you know? Analyzing and learning are not conservative behaviors.
5/31/2018 4:42 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/31/2018 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/31/2018 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Wealth 99%. Race 1%.

Yes

You are wrong.
Liberal studies? It's Michigan University? Wtf?
You don't think universities are biased toward the Left? Really?
5/31/2018 4:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...238|239|240|241|242...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.