TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/29/2018 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Why are we just discussing racism against blacks? What about the racism of blacks? No idea where to look for the numbers, but I'd bet the % of blacks who are racist is much higher than the % of whites. I'd also bet the % of racist whites has decreased much more over the last couple decades than the % of racist blacks. It's kind of hard for any race to say "Yeah, I'm cool with them.", when you have some of them screaming "I hate your black/white guts." in your face. Shouldn't addressing the racism of blacks be part of the discussion on how to make the problem better (it will never be eliminated)?
I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion. Unless you can name an institutionally racist practice against white people this is a big fat nothingburger.
also, if you and your ancestors had been discriminated against for 250 years, wouldn't you be a little antagonistic against the people doing the discriminating?
Is it understandable? Yes.
Does that make it right or less detrimental? No.
You don't think white racism would decrease if nothing changed except black racism?

Not addressing the broken record named tang. institutional racism this, institutional racism that. He uses that "rationale" (excuse) so much he needs a key on his keyboard to type it all at once to avoid carpal tunnel.
5/29/2018 9:29 PM
...although our alliance with The Philippines is a strategically very important one
5/29/2018 9:29 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 8:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 8:27:00 PM (view original):
The global community isn't doing enough to combat human rights violations. Russian, Chinese and NoKo prisons are holding far too many political prisoners. Why is this tolerated?
If we crack down on it then we have to crack down on it in the USA and in our allied countries.

Meh, too much of a hassle.
We have high incarceration numbers, but they aren't gulags...and I don't think Canada, Great Britain or Australia have them either...
We are also allied with Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, Afghanistan, Thailand, etc.

I agree with tangplay (despite the sarcasm. lol)
I was referencing Saudi Arabia. But you are right. That's where the sarcasm was.
5/29/2018 9:46 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 9:29:00 PM (view original):
...although our alliance with The Philippines is a strategically very important one
Our alliance with the Saudis is of economic and strategic importance.

Too bad they are the largest funder of terrorism in the world.
5/29/2018 9:47 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/29/2018 9:29:00 PM (view original):
Why are we just discussing racism against blacks? What about the racism of blacks? No idea where to look for the numbers, but I'd bet the % of blacks who are racist is much higher than the % of whites. I'd also bet the % of racist whites has decreased much more over the last couple decades than the % of racist blacks. It's kind of hard for any race to say "Yeah, I'm cool with them.", when you have some of them screaming "I hate your black/white guts." in your face. Shouldn't addressing the racism of blacks be part of the discussion on how to make the problem better (it will never be eliminated)?
I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion. Unless you can name an institutionally racist practice against white people this is a big fat nothingburger.
also, if you and your ancestors had been discriminated against for 250 years, wouldn't you be a little antagonistic against the people doing the discriminating?
You don't think white racism would decrease if nothing changed except black racism?

Not addressing the broken record named tang. institutional racism this, institutional racism that. He uses that "rationale" (excuse) so much he needs a key on his keyboard to type it all at once to avoid carpal tunnel.
Institutional racism isn't an excuse. No need for hyperbole here.
5/29/2018 9:47 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Nobody asked you to write a check. Its easy for you (or me, for that matter) to say get over it, since we didn't go through it. As a Jew should I get over what happen in WWII? It was over 70 years ago.
No, but if you hold onto the past too tightly, all you will ever see are Nazis...even where there aren't any.
Those who forget the past are bound to repeat it.....who said that?
I don't see Nazis everywhere.. hardly anywhere for that matter. Mainly I just get ****** at idiots who say the Holocaust never happened. That would be like someone saying to a black guy that slavery never happened.
5/29/2018 10:29 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
In unrelated news, congrats to the Warriors for winning Game 7.
I know and they'll smoke Cleveland.

I am curious if the Lakers make some plays. They have a ton of cap room next year. They can sign LBJ, PG13 and trade Ingram, Kuzma and Deng to SA for Kawhi. They sign O'Quinn and Redick as FAs.

This gives them a lineup of

PG: Ball
SG: Kawhi
SF: PG13
PF: James
C: O'Quinn

They win the west and play the Celtics in the East....next year!!!
Every time I see LBJ, I think of Lyndon Baines Johnson. That would not be a good FA signing for the Lakers.
LMAO. You never know.
well, he is dead so I doubt he can get up and down the court very quickly.
Put rockets on the coffin.
put Rockets in the coffin? which ones? Harden? How about Tucker? I don't like him.
5/29/2018 10:31 PM

Never said it was right or less detrimental, just that I could see that viewpoint I honestly don't know if white racism would decrease. It may, but there are people out there who will be prejudiced regardless of what happens.
5/29/2018 10:34 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 9:27:00 PM (view original):
That is because the UN is nothing but a dog and pony show. They aren't worthy of our money or time...

We need a clone of Maddog Mattis to be our Ambassador to the UN...
I like dogs and ponies
5/29/2018 10:34 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 10:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
In unrelated news, congrats to the Warriors for winning Game 7.
I know and they'll smoke Cleveland.

I am curious if the Lakers make some plays. They have a ton of cap room next year. They can sign LBJ, PG13 and trade Ingram, Kuzma and Deng to SA for Kawhi. They sign O'Quinn and Redick as FAs.

This gives them a lineup of

PG: Ball
SG: Kawhi
SF: PG13
PF: James
C: O'Quinn

They win the west and play the Celtics in the East....next year!!!
Every time I see LBJ, I think of Lyndon Baines Johnson. That would not be a good FA signing for the Lakers.
LMAO. You never know.
well, he is dead so I doubt he can get up and down the court very quickly.
Put rockets on the coffin.
put Rockets in the coffin? which ones? Harden? How about Tucker? I don't like him.
Ryan Anderson
5/29/2018 10:43 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/29/2018 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Boris, your premise is flawed........ you don't DECIDE to become a single Mom........... You decide to fornicate unwisely and end up alone and without a male partner. THAT occurs for a whole shitload of reasons..... from deadbeat maledom to crazy females who can't "nest",-------- among others..........
You have made my point. We need to address this first and foremost not race relations. Single parenthood is slowly killing this country.
you may be right, but I don't see how that can be fixed? Do e make it illegal to have sex if you are not married? Who has to enforce that law....and how would they know? You keep bringing up single parent households as being the major part of the problem. I'm not sure I agree with that. That's neither here nor there. I don't see any way to fix it. Sex education in schools doesn't do it. I think we both agree there's no way you're going to stop people from having sex, whether they are married or not. So, how do we do it? How about a suggestion for fixing it instead of just saying it needs to be fixed.
I'd spend $10bn on education starting in middle school. Maybe provide incentives to kids who graduate HS and don't have a kid by giving them $5k per year for college. Now it won't pay for a lot but it will pay for some state schooling community college. Again my kids are in middle school and NO ONE is talking to them about the dangers of single parenthood.

That is how I would attack it. Similar to the "Just Say No" campaign vs. drugs in the 80s. I'd do the same thing for single motherhood now. I would also make welfare programs a lot less attractive. Rather than giving welfare stamps, that they sell for other sh*t, I'd deliver actual food. This way they have to eat what I provide vs. what they want to eat. So they won't go hungry but they won't get to choose necessarily what they like.

This is what I would do wylie.
5/30/2018 8:25 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 10:34:00 PM (view original):

Never said it was right or less detrimental, just that I could see that viewpoint I honestly don't know if white racism would decrease. It may, but there are people out there who will be prejudiced regardless of what happens.
Exactly so stop ******** about it.
5/30/2018 8:26 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Answer my question. There is racism everywhere as there is anti semitism but I believe it is a lot less now than it was in the 60s? Again how does a racist in Boston impact a lady in Boston deciding to become a single mom? Forget the race. We need to educate kids that being a single parent is likely going to cause them and their child to start behind the 8 Ball and be at a disadvantage. I NEVER hear anyone talk about that sans Ben Shapiro.
I will step in and take a shot.

You are missing the point. The point isn't that individual racist people are racist and those people negatively affect black people. The point is that longstanding institutional practices like slavery, Jim Crow, and redlining still have discernible effects on the black populace, with the generational wealth and everything. You are correct that individual people are making bad choices and that we need to make attempts to fix that, but if you believe that just fixing the single parent problem will close the race gap then you would be naive and incorrect. BL, Taint, Wylie, Bob, and I have all proved that even with all other things equal, black people are still at a disadvantage, due to generational wealth, redlining, justice/police systems, and that we hold the poor in general in this country down. You even agreed on this. There is more nuance in this issue than one side or the other, all black people succeeding or all black people failing. If you keep resorting to hyperbole, you will never get the point.
You have proven nothing. I have proven that single parenthood is the #1 problem period.

I have proved 100% that all your theories are false.

There, I answered you.
5/30/2018 8:28 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 7:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Nobody asked you to write a check. Its easy for you (or me, for that matter) to say get over it, since we didn't go through it. As a Jew should I get over what happen in WWII? It was over 70 years ago.
You are right. It is easy for me to say that. I hadn't considered that. And if people encountered more people like myself regarding race, they would know we are rooting for them. That there is hope. I have good friends that get profiled. A lot. It ****** me off.

True. There are many people out there who don't see color, or gender, religion or sexual preference when looking at a person, just the person. It sounds like you are one of them. I like to think I'm one too. The problem is, while it is getting better, there are still far too many people who only see race, or gender, religion or sexual preference and judge people based on that.
When I argued this to a certain someone on this site a while back, he said everyone sees color and called me a liar for claiming I didn't.
Looks like it has a different effect on him coming from his own side of thinking.

Absolutely love the idea of a No Single Mothering campaign.
5/30/2018 8:30 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 9:47:00 PM (view original):

Institutional racism isn't an excuse. No need for hyperbole here.
Tangplay here is where we differ.

Your definition of institutional racism:

100% due to the judicial system. You also believe because we were racists in the 40s it still impacts blacks now.

Mine is:

If KFC openly states we won't hire blacks. No institution does that.

Since you are dumb. I will give you this analogy. Say as a child I had a bad experience on a roller coaster and threw up after. I now won't allow my kids on roller coasters even though the one I threw up on has been long gone and my kids may have better constitution than me. To you that roller coaster is still causing my kids trauma because of what happened to me they are paying the price. To me its just me being an overprotective parent.

BTW - I love roller coasters and never threw up on one.

My point is the past is in the past and while it may influence future events it is not to be held against the current generation. Otherwise we should still be punishing Germany for the Nazis.

So our operational definition of institutional racism differs hence our debate goes nowhere and we end up going in circles.

Do you understand this? Y or N?
5/30/2018 8:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...226|227|228|229|230...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.