TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

I employ several West Africans as subcontractors. They get treated as well as my kids. You will never hear one of them complain about me. In Missouri and Kansas, I have had to confront local law enforcement, usually rural, that profiled them. In every situation to date, the individual accompanied me to a sheriffs office, we had a meeting, no further issues occurred. I am the first to go to bat for them...
5/29/2018 7:08 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Nobody asked you to write a check. Its easy for you (or me, for that matter) to say get over it, since we didn't go through it. As a Jew should I get over what happen in WWII? It was over 70 years ago.
You are right. It is easy for me to say that. I hadn't considered that. And if people encountered more people like myself regarding race, they would know we are rooting for them. That there is hope. I have good friends that get profiled. A lot. It ****** me off.

5/29/2018 7:23 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 7:23:00 PM (view original):
Nobody asked you to write a check. Its easy for you (or me, for that matter) to say get over it, since we didn't go through it. As a Jew should I get over what happen in WWII? It was over 70 years ago.
You are right. It is easy for me to say that. I hadn't considered that. And if people encountered more people like myself regarding race, they would know we are rooting for them. That there is hope. I have good friends that get profiled. A lot. It ****** me off.

True. There are many people out there who don't see color, or gender, religion or sexual preference when looking at a person, just the person. It sounds like you are one of them. I like to think I'm one too. The problem is, while it is getting better, there are still far too many people who only see race, or gender, religion or sexual preference and judge people based on that.
5/29/2018 7:29 PM
Everybody sing............. ebony and ivory...........

Seriously though, both Wylie and Doc are spot on with their comments. Imagine if............... :-)
5/29/2018 7:50 PM
Agreed, but I think we are better off to pay attention to the trend, and to step up when an incident occurs.

And while we are at it, confront the race peddlers. Make them go out and get a real job...
5/29/2018 7:51 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/29/2018 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Everybody sing............. ebony and ivory...........

Seriously though, both Wylie and Doc are spot on with their comments. Imagine if............... :-)
Joe Piscopo and Eddie Murphy. Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciZA8dol9Zk
5/29/2018 7:52 PM
No, but if you hold onto the past too tightly, all you will ever see are Nazis...even where there aren't any.
5/29/2018 8:19 PM
The global community isn't doing enough to combat human rights violations. Russian, Chinese and NoKo prisons are holding far too many political prisoners. Why is this tolerated?
5/29/2018 8:27 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/29/2018 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
In unrelated news, congrats to the Warriors for winning Game 7.
I know and they'll smoke Cleveland.

I am curious if the Lakers make some plays. They have a ton of cap room next year. They can sign LBJ, PG13 and trade Ingram, Kuzma and Deng to SA for Kawhi. They sign O'Quinn and Redick as FAs.

This gives them a lineup of

PG: Ball
SG: Kawhi
SF: PG13
PF: James
C: O'Quinn

They win the west and play the Celtics in the East....next year!!!
Every time I see LBJ, I think of Lyndon Baines Johnson. That would not be a good FA signing for the Lakers.
LMAO. You never know.
well, he is dead so I doubt he can get up and down the court very quickly.
Put rockets on the coffin.
5/29/2018 8:40 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 8:27:00 PM (view original):
The global community isn't doing enough to combat human rights violations. Russian, Chinese and NoKo prisons are holding far too many political prisoners. Why is this tolerated?
If we crack down on it then we have to crack down on it in the USA and in our allied countries.

Meh, too much of a hassle.
5/29/2018 8:44 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 8:44:00 PM (view original):
If we crack down on it then we have to crack down on it in the USA and in our allied countries.

We have high incarceration numbers, but they aren't gulags...and I don't think Canada, Great Britain or Australia have them either...
5/29/2018 9:10 PM
I was being sarcastic.
5/29/2018 9:21 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/29/2018 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 8:44:00 PM (view original):

We have high incarceration numbers, but they aren't gulags...and I don't think Canada, Great Britain or Australia have them either...
We are also allied with Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, Afghanistan, Thailand, etc.

I agree with tangplay (despite the sarcasm. lol)
5/29/2018 9:22 PM
That is because the UN is nothing but a dog and pony show. They aren't worthy of our money or time...

We need a clone of Maddog Mattis to be our Ambassador to the UN...
5/29/2018 9:27 PM (edited)
Agreed...but they are still formal alliances...and those countries do not have sparkling human rights records.
5/29/2018 9:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...225|226|227|228|229...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.