TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Look at Rwanda and Sierra Leone. Racism is not a white man disease. The Left's argument is that a minority cannot be racist.
Who is making that argument?
5/29/2018 5:22 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Look at Rwanda and Sierra Leone. Racism is not a white man disease. The Left's argument is that a minority cannot be racist.
Who is making that argument?
5/29/2018 5:22 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:56:00 PM (view original):
How do you know? You have never faced anti semitism?

Give me one specific criteria where you see this. JUST ONE. So that we can attack this one at a time please. I have posted stats that show that two parent households are better than one. We agree there. Now prove to me that race is a bigger factor than two parent households please. On of my friends names btw is Michael Smith. People don't know he is black until they meet him. They can tell I am Jew without even meeting me based on my name. So at times he has it a bit easier. I am not comparing anti semitism to racism I am just saying that to me that is a smaller factor than a two vs. one parent household argument.

Now please kindly proceed with one criteria at a time.

Thank you
Michael Smith? From ESPN?

Two things:
1. I don't see why it matters. We both adknowledged that race is a factor and so is single parenthood. Thus we agree that institutional racism is a thing. They are both problems. Personally I think that Institutional racism is an easier fix. Going back to your Celtics example, even if Tatum's lack of shots is a lesser problem, it is still a problem and if er have the means to fix it we should.

2. You can tell that someone is black by looking at them. It is much, much harder to identify a Jew. Jews can easily 'blend in' to society. That's why most of the institutional racist practices I mentioned involve looking at the faces of someone, not seeing their name. Policing and justice system is a good example here.
5/29/2018 5:28 PM (edited)
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 4:35:00 PM (view original):
Right. So should I let it be?
At some point, you must recognize absurdity and disengage. I'm not necessarily calling bad_luck absurd. I'm calling the time and energy spent by both of you to change the mind of the other (which clearly will never happen) as an absurd act.

There are a million points of contention. This one seems to be at an impasse.
The issue, of course, is that both of them are close-minded. CCCP stated that absolutely nothing would convince him that institutional racism exists. BL is pretty close minded as well. I gave a list of things that would convince me that institutional racism doesn't exist and no one has provided any evidence that I asked for.
5/29/2018 5:31 PM
Racism is nowhere near as bad as generations ago. The media and folks like Sharpton will not let it go. Most people, regardless of color, are not hateful. Most blacks cringe at Farrakan's views and comments, just as whites do to idiots like David Duke.

It is not a perfect world, but it has improved, and I believe the trend will continue. If the economy continues to grow, many minorities will see their situations improve. It will also help if the black communities look inward, and fix the mess they are at least somewhat responsible for. Reference the Pound cake speech. Cosby was dead on...

They can improve on the black on black crime, something the MSM is ignorantly silent on...ignoring it only prolongs their agony.

Those stupid white cops, a small percentage of them, keep fanning the flames. They have to show better judgment, and more restraint.
5/29/2018 5:44 PM
I am tired. I will address tang tomorrow.
5/29/2018 6:09 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Answer my question. There is racism everywhere as there is anti semitism but I believe it is a lot less now than it was in the 60s? Again how does a racist in Boston impact a lady in Boston deciding to become a single mom? Forget the race. We need to educate kids that being a single parent is likely going to cause them and their child to start behind the 8 Ball and be at a disadvantage. I NEVER hear anyone talk about that sans Ben Shapiro.
So there is racism against blacks but you don’t think that racism makes their lives more difficult?
It does of course. There is anti semitism against Jews. There is racism vs. Asians. There is sexism vs. women and gays. There are negative views of fat people. There are a lot of crutches. What is your point? Mine is that racism is dying down and people are a lot more open minded. Broad brushing stuff is simply ridiculous. Are you going to answer my question or keep dodging it? Are you sure you played baseball in college and not dodge ball?
Yes of course it makes their lives more difficult?
NO! It does not make it any more difficult than that of a fat person. It makes it easier in some instances perhaps. IDK. I don't broad brush things. This is my last warning to you. Either you answer my questions or we are done conversing. English is my 2nd language so let me know if you don't understand me. Thank you.
how would you know? are you fat? are you black? if not, you have no idea how it affects their lives.
5/29/2018 6:37 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/29/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
In unrelated news, congrats to the Warriors for winning Game 7.
I know and they'll smoke Cleveland.

I am curious if the Lakers make some plays. They have a ton of cap room next year. They can sign LBJ, PG13 and trade Ingram, Kuzma and Deng to SA for Kawhi. They sign O'Quinn and Redick as FAs.

This gives them a lineup of

PG: Ball
SG: Kawhi
SF: PG13
PF: James
C: O'Quinn

They win the west and play the Celtics in the East....next year!!!
Every time I see LBJ, I think of Lyndon Baines Johnson. That would not be a good FA signing for the Lakers.
LMAO. You never know.
well, he is dead so I doubt he can get up and down the court very quickly.
5/29/2018 6:38 PM
You would need to be black AND fat, then you could enlighten us as to which is worse, yes?

Only someone that is drunk, fat and stupid can tell us if it hurts to go through life like that. Is opinion, conjecture, to everyone else...
5/29/2018 6:42 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 5/29/2018 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Boris, your premise is flawed........ you don't DECIDE to become a single Mom........... You decide to fornicate unwisely and end up alone and without a male partner. THAT occurs for a whole shitload of reasons..... from deadbeat maledom to crazy females who can't "nest",-------- among others..........
You have made my point. We need to address this first and foremost not race relations. Single parenthood is slowly killing this country.
you may be right, but I don't see how that can be fixed? Do e make it illegal to have sex if you are not married? Who has to enforce that law....and how would they know? You keep bringing up single parent households as being the major part of the problem. I'm not sure I agree with that. That's neither here nor there. I don't see any way to fix it. Sex education in schools doesn't do it. I think we both agree there's no way you're going to stop people from having sex, whether they are married or not. So, how do we do it? How about a suggestion for fixing it instead of just saying it needs to be fixed.
5/29/2018 6:46 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 3:00:00 PM (view original):
What is the overweight equivalent to Jim Crow and Redlining?
Blatant job denials, shaming via adds for attractive people. Come on man. And there aren't any real laws to protect these persons. Just fake diets.
  • At least 30 million people of all ages and genders suffer from an eating disorder in the U.S.
  • Every 62 minutes at least one person dies as a direct result from an eating disorder.
  • Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness.
  • 13% of women over 50 engage in eating disorder behaviors.
  • In a study following active duty military personnel over time, 5.5% of women and 4% of men had an eating disorder at the beginning of the study, and within just a few years of continued service, 3.3% more women and 2.6% more men developed an eating disorder.
  • Eating disorders affect all races and ethnic groups.
  • Genetics, environmental factors, and personality traits all combine to create risk for an eating disorder.
not disagreeing with what you say, fat people do get discriminated against, but as far as I know, fat people never had to use separate bathrooms, fat people were never prohibited from eating in the same restaurants as skinny people. Fat people were never lynched for being fat.
All of those stats you posted about eating disorders are saddening, but have nothing to do with being discriminated against.
5/29/2018 6:51 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:43:00 PM (view original):
They face no more racism than I face anti semitism. It has not precluded me from accomplishing anything. Why do you refuse to acknowledge that single parenthood is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of a factor than color?

again, how would you know how much racism a black person faces if you are not black? There's no way you could. Just as there is no way strikeout could know what you and I have faced as far as anti-Semitism. I don't think he would claim he could.
5/29/2018 6:55 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/29/2018 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Why are we just discussing racism against blacks? What about the racism of blacks? No idea where to look for the numbers, but I'd bet the % of blacks who are racist is much higher than the % of whites. I'd also bet the % of racist whites has decreased much more over the last couple decades than the % of racist blacks. It's kind of hard for any race to say "Yeah, I'm cool with them.", when you have some of them screaming "I hate your black/white guts." in your face. Shouldn't addressing the racism of blacks be part of the discussion on how to make the problem better (it will never be eliminated)?
I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion. Unless you can name an institutionally racist practice against white people this is a big fat nothingburger.
also, if you and your ancestors had been discriminated against for 250 years, wouldn't you be a little antagonistic against the people doing the discriminating?
5/29/2018 6:58 PM
Sure, but nobody alive today was involved in pre-1865 slavery. So don't ask me to write someone a check for something someone of my race did more than150 years ago. Get over it. Opportunity knocks. Become the 2nd African American US president.
5/29/2018 7:01 PM
Nobody asked you to write a check. Its easy for you (or me, for that matter) to say get over it, since we didn't go through it. As a Jew should I get over what happen in WWII? It was over 70 years ago.
5/29/2018 7:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...224|225|226|227|228...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.