TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Again how does a racist in Boston impact a lady in Boston deciding to become a single mom?
Racism might have impacted the quality of the school she went to, which might have impacted the amount and/or type of sex education she received.
5/29/2018 3:08 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 1:37:00 PM (view original):
So, racism again black people does not make their lives more difficult than the lives of white people?
I'll reiterate

NO! It does not make it any more difficult than that of a fat person. It makes it easier in some instances perhaps. Got it? Dodge ball captain.
But racism in the past made the life of an average black person more difficult than the life of an average white person?
YES! When Jesse Owens had to use a separate entrance. When Jackie Robinson was spit on. When Bill Russell had to stay at different hotels than his teammates. Of course. That was abominable and frankly ridiculous. We are past that. At least in my experience we are past that. Being a Jew and coming from nothing to this country, the last thing I would ever do is be racist against people for something they can't control.

Now are you going to answer me or not? Sheesh.
But there’s still racism. It’s not as bad as before but wouldn’t some racism still make life for an average black person more difficult than the life of an average white person?
So now answer me.
5/29/2018 3:13 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Again how does a racist in Boston impact a lady in Boston deciding to become a single mom?
Racism might have impacted the quality of the school she went to, which might have impacted the amount and/or type of sex education she received.
We are guessing but 40% of white women are now single parents. I'd rather partner with my leftist "friends" and attack this issue rather than pointing fingers at race. We all agree that having two parents is a huge advantage.
5/29/2018 3:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 3:13:00 PM (view original):
So, racism again black people does not make their lives more difficult than the lives of white people?
I'll reiterate

NO! It does not make it any more difficult than that of a fat person. It makes it easier in some instances perhaps. Got it? Dodge ball captain.
But racism in the past made the life of an average black person more difficult than the life of an average white person?
YES! When Jesse Owens had to use a separate entrance. When Jackie Robinson was spit on. When Bill Russell had to stay at different hotels than his teammates. Of course. That was abominable and frankly ridiculous. We are past that. At least in my experience we are past that. Being a Jew and coming from nothing to this country, the last thing I would ever do is be racist against people for something they can't control.

But there’s still racism. It’s not as bad as before but wouldn’t some racism still make life for an average black person more difficult than the life of an average white person?
So now answer me.
I think it depends. If that black person has two parents I think they have a huge advantage over a white person with one. Asians and Jews are a lot more successful because most have two parents. Its just a stronger family dynamic for some reason. Black people don't have the generational wealth of white people and neither do I btw. So I know that makes it more difficult. But I think we are making great strides and in 50 years we should eliminate that issue. But I really want to understand why the Left refuses to attack the issue of single parenthood.

For example the Cs lost game 7. There are a myriad of reasons why but first and foremost was Rozier going 0-10 from 3 pt range. That to me equates to the single parent issue. Jayson Tatum only took two shots in the 4th quarter...that equates to your racism. Yes, that contributed to the Cs loss but it was #6 or 7 as to why they lost.

Racism is around but it is not the #1 or even #2 or #3 culprit of why there is income inequality in the US.

That is my only point on this. Again even if I am the biggest racist in the world, I have zero impact on a young lady in KY deciding to become a single parent. That is a BAD IDEA and results in that child and herself being behind the 8 ball. I would much rather be a black kid with two parents than a white kid with one from the starting gate.
5/29/2018 3:24 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 3:00:00 PM (view original):
What is the overweight equivalent to Jim Crow and Redlining?
Blatant job denials, shaming via adds for attractive people. Come on man. And there aren't any real laws to protect these persons. Just fake diets.
  • At least 30 million people of all ages and genders suffer from an eating disorder in the U.S.
  • Every 62 minutes at least one person dies as a direct result from an eating disorder.
  • Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness.
  • 13% of women over 50 engage in eating disorder behaviors.
  • In a study following active duty military personnel over time, 5.5% of women and 4% of men had an eating disorder at the beginning of the study, and within just a few years of continued service, 3.3% more women and 2.6% more men developed an eating disorder.
  • Eating disorders affect all races and ethnic groups.
  • Genetics, environmental factors, and personality traits all combine to create risk for an eating disorder.
lol, how many genders do we have these days?
5/29/2018 3:27 PM
I know. Right!?
5/29/2018 3:28 PM
Why are we just discussing racism against blacks? What about the racism of blacks? No idea where to look for the numbers, but I'd bet the % of blacks who are racist is much higher than the % of whites. I'd also bet the % of racist whites has decreased much more over the last couple decades than the % of racist blacks. It's kind of hard for any race to say "Yeah, I'm cool with them.", when you have some of them screaming "I hate your black/white guts." in your face. Shouldn't addressing the racism of blacks be part of the discussion on how to make the problem better (it will never be eliminated)?
5/29/2018 3:29 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I'll reiterate

So now answer me.
I think it depends. If that black person has two parents I think they have a huge advantage over a white person with one. Asians and Jews are a lot more successful because most have two parents. Its just a stronger family dynamic for some reason. Black people don't have the generational wealth of white people and neither do I btw. So I know that makes it more difficult. But I think we are making great strides and in 50 years we should eliminate that issue. But I really want to understand why the Left refuses to attack the issue of single parenthood.

For example the Cs lost game 7. There are a myriad of reasons why but first and foremost was Rozier going 0-10 from 3 pt range. That to me equates to the single parent issue. Jayson Tatum only took two shots in the 4th quarter...that equates to your racism. Yes, that contributed to the Cs loss but it was #6 or 7 as to why they lost.

Racism is around but it is not the #1 or even #2 or #3 culprit of why there is income inequality in the US.

That is my only point on this. Again even if I am the biggest racist in the world, I have zero impact on a young lady in KY deciding to become a single parent. That is a BAD IDEA and results in that child and herself being behind the 8 ball. I would much rather be a black kid with two parents than a white kid with one from the starting gate.
You keep saying this:

“huge advantage over a white person with one”

And sure, it’s true. But does a black person with two parents have a disadvantage compared to a white person with two parents? The answer is yes.

Because of racism.
5/29/2018 3:32 PM
Look at Rwanda and Sierra Leone. Racism is not a white man disease. The Left's argument is that a minority cannot be racist.
5/29/2018 3:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I'll reiterate

So now answer me.

You keep saying this:

“huge advantage over a white person with one”

And sure, it’s true. But does a black person with two parents have a disadvantage compared to a white person with two parents? The answer is yes.

Because of racism.
No. It is yes because of PAST racism and lack of generational wealth. That generational wealth helps pay for college, first home, car, etc.

Because of that programs exist to help minorities get into/pay for college. Start with two parents, graduate HS and believe you me, capitalism WILL take care of you. Start with one parent, don't graduate HS and you are well behind. My wife was raised by a single mom because her dad passed away when she was two. They really struggled. Single parenthood is a nightmare. It is even worse now.
5/29/2018 3:36 PM
None of that precludes acknowledging the role of present day racism in the lives of black people.
5/29/2018 3:38 PM
They face no more racism than I face anti semitism. It has not precluded me from accomplishing anything. Why do you refuse to acknowledge that single parenthood is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of a factor than color?

5/29/2018 3:43 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 3:43:00 PM (view original):
They face no more racism than I face anti semitism. It has not precluded me from accomplishing anything. Why do you refuse to acknowledge that single parenthood is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of a factor than color?

I disagree. I think current racism against blacks is more prevalent and more damaging than anti-semitism.
5/29/2018 3:53 PM
How do you know? You have never faced anti semitism?

Give me one specific criteria where you see this. JUST ONE. So that we can attack this one at a time please. I have posted stats that show that two parent households are better than one. We agree there. Now prove to me that race is a bigger factor than two parent households please. On of my friends names btw is Michael Smith. People don't know he is black until they meet him. They can tell I am Jew without even meeting me based on my name. So at times he has it a bit easier. I am not comparing anti semitism to racism I am just saying that to me that is a smaller factor than a two vs. one parent household argument.

Now please kindly proceed with one criteria at a time.

Thank you
5/29/2018 3:56 PM
How do you know? You've never faced racism.

I'm basing my opinion on rates of poverty, jail sentencing practices, the fact that cops aren't more afraid of Jewish people than they are of other whites, etc.

Regarding parents in the home, when you compare blacks and whites and control for the number of parents (comparing apples to apples), whites come out ahead.
5/29/2018 4:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...222|223|224|225|226...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.