TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:41:00 PM (view original):
Bought my SEASON TICKETS yesterday. GO CHIEFS!

(your sarcasm levels are 11/10)
Season Tix? Greedy American. Donate that money to the poor and watch it on TV....
Naw, just tax me at 99%.
5/29/2018 11:28 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/28/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I don't think I am "Right"

I am pro life, I think the 2nd Amendment is outdated and I believe in a $$ cap for CEOs of companies if those companies have layoffs. I don't like tangplay because his rhetoric is racist. Saying "white privilege" really means "black disadvantage" and I find that abhorrent. Saying institutional racism while quoting random stats further promotes this divisive rhetoric. People like dino are equally bad. They preach hatred and if you disagree they redline you. Pathetic. Sounds like communist Russia to me.

They state this rhetoric while having zero knowledge of how finance works, how defense is funded, how our court system works. This is what divides this country and it annoys me. BHO was the worst president for the military in recent memory, maybe ever. He artificially inflated the stock market by keeping rates low, he never addressed entitlements and he lied when he said "HRC was the most qualified candidate ever". Under his watch the hate group BLM rose and police and the people had a horrible relationship. Under his leadership ISIS arose and North Korea became even more of a pariah. Shall we even mention Syria and Russia?

Yet I heard nothing. DJT has been in office for a year and tangplay acts as if he is Attila the Hun. I find that mind boggling and hypocritical.
BHO:
1. Not the worst pres. for our military. Not even close. He raised their budget.
2. HRC was up there. She was very qualified.
3. He had no control over BLM. He had no control over police.
4. ISIS was not his fault, lol. Bush was the one who planted the seeds for that.
5. OK, I will give you the North Korea one. But Trump hasn't been any better.
6. Syria: not his fault.
7. Russia: OK yeah he should have done better.

You have yet to mention one thing DJT has done that you disagree with. I don't think Trump is even close to the worst Pres of all time, and I don't hate him. He isn't a racist, bigot, antisemite, etc. He is not the smartest guy, though, and I disagree with him as a person and a lot of his ideas.

BTW, if you support Trump on basically everything, you are on the right. Sorry bud. Libertarians tend to be on the right.

And my rhetoric is racist. Yes, black people are at a systematic disadvantage. The rhetoric is only divisive because people like you have your head in the sand and cannot accept fact.
#1) One of my clients is a defense contractor and I quote him. We can agree to disagree and he is a Democrat who lives in MA.
#2) Subjective but Obama hated her.
#3) BS
#4) He pulled out of Iraq its on him. Bush is an idiot too.
#5) Trump has only had one year to BHO's 8.
#6) Whose fault then?
#7) Yep

I have been bashing DJT non stop for not addressing entitlements. What do you mean? I like his rhetoric when it comes to Mexico and agree with his fiscal policies and of course the increased military spend. I question his multiple cabinet changes but he is a newbie politician.

If thats the case why do they dominate the NFL and NBA?
Okay, tell us how Obama controlled BLM and/or the police?
You keep bringing up the NFL and the NBA as evidence that blacks are not at a disadvantage. The NFL and the NBA are extremely small segments of the population, and are not a realistic reflection of society. There are a lot of blacks in the NFL and the NBA because those specific Black men are tall and/or fast and have athletic talent. If a Mexican had the same talent as LeBron, you can bet your *** he'd be in the NBA or NFL. (I Think James would be a star in the NFL too if he had gone in that direction)
Sure instead of denouncing the riots he fueled them. It also pulled the country apart. In Baltimore you had a black mayor, black police chief, mostly black legislators (all Dems), black attorney general and black POTUS. What are you protesting? You don't have to go pro but you can get a college scholarship and thats pretty cool. So the advanced athleticism give an advantage, we agree. Thank you. I agree in terms of LBJ.
You can't force people not to protest, regardless of whether you agree with their cause.
You can address what they are protesting however, can you not?

I would have said "This country has come a long way we have an African American President". We still have some ways to go but let's not be divisive.
You are getting into semantics. The protests continue regardless of what Obama does. Even if Obama had said that, protesters would still protest.

I would have said "This country has come a long way to have an African-American President. However, we still have lingering deep systemic inequities in our system. Under my presidency I will attempt, to the best of my ability, to implement change that will equalize opportunity for all Americans."
I would be fine with that. He never said anything remotely like that btw.
Sure. I think he could have done better. But it is lunacy to say that he could have stopped or started the protests.
5/29/2018 11:29 AM
Yep. Looters will loot.
5/29/2018 11:31 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):

Season Tix? Greedy American. Donate that money to the poor and watch it on TV....
Naw, just tax me at 99%.
The bad_luck tax?
5/29/2018 11:31 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I am pro life, I think the 2nd Amendment is outdated and I believe in a $$ cap for CEOs of companies if those companies have layoffs. I don't like tangplay because his rhetoric is racist. Saying "white privilege" really means "black disadvantage" and I find that abhorrent. Saying institutional racism while quoting random stats further promotes this divisive rhetoric. People like dino are equally bad. They preach hatred and if you disagree they redline you. Pathetic. Sounds like communist Russia to me.

They state this rhetoric while having zero knowledge of how finance works, how defense is funded, how our court system works. This is what divides this country and it annoys me. BHO was the worst president for the military in recent memory, maybe ever. He artificially inflated the stock market by keeping rates low, he never addressed entitlements and he lied when he said "HRC was the most qualified candidate ever". Under his watch the hate group BLM rose and police and the people had a horrible relationship. Under his leadership ISIS arose and North Korea became even more of a pariah. Shall we even mention Syria and Russia?

Yet I heard nothing. DJT has been in office for a year and tangplay acts as if he is Attila the Hun. I find that mind boggling and hypocritical.
I’m surprised you have enough brain cells to make your fingers move in order to type that idiocy.
You'd never say that to my face. Internet tough guy. Chill. This is an opinion. You don't have to agree.
And my opinion is that you are a moron.

Only a moron would say that Obama controlled BLM. Only a moron would think it's racist to acknowledge the fact that whites are privileged in America. Only a moron would think it's divisive to point out institutional racism.
I am OK with you thinking I am a moron. I am not the one who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist. LOL. You are.

#1) I never said he controlled it. I said it rose on his watch
#2) Whites are not privileged. Even wylie, your fellow Liberal agrees that blacks have athletic advantages. And if they have two parents they are on par with any race. Maybe if you treated them as equals vs. disadvantaged we would all be better off? Hmmm....
#3) It is divisive because you have not named one specific private institution that is racist.

You mad bro? You seem angry? Want a kiss? MWA
Not mad, just tired of you repeating the same lies over and over again.

Blacks in two parent households have much higher poverty rates than whites in two parent households.

The justice system is racist. Blacks get longer jail sentences than whites for the same crimes. Blacks are stopped, arrested, and charged with drug crimes at a higher rate than whites despite the same usage rates.
#1) Blacks who graduate from college are on par in terms of earnings as whites. It is getting better. Chill bro.
#2) Justice system in general needs an overhaul for all races. If you are rich it serves you just fine. See OJ. See Kobe Bryant. If you can afford a good attorney you are ahead of the game. That needs to be fixed. I agree. FOR ALL RACES.

Maybe if you were less pessimistic and more optimistic we'd all be better off?
#1) I already disproved this. That isn't true. Black people who graduate are on par with the average white person, yes, but that accounts for ALL white people, even the ones who don't graduate.

#2) Why do innocent black people get convicted more than innocent white people?

#3) How would we be better off by ignoring the problem?
#1) You did not

#2) Poor lawyers

#3) Allow capitalism to run its course

#1) OK, according to the charts you and Strikeout put out, the average income(or net worth, I forget) for black people with a degree and the average white person is the same.

#2) No, because the split holds true regardless of income.

#3) We have tried doing that for, let's see, 250 years? Slavery was due to capitalistic beliefs partially. So was Jim Crow. Capitalism has already run its course.
NO

Jim Crow was Gov't imposed. Slavery became obsolete post the invention of the cotton gin in the US. Strikeout proved that with college degrees the races are on par.
Both were kept in place, and slavery only happens in a capitalistic society. I also proved that the average income of a black person with a degree is the same as the average white income, meaning that for a black person to become equal to a white person in today's society, they must get a degree. This proves the inequality point.
5/29/2018 11:32 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/27/2018 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/27/2018 9:33:00 PM (view original):
How do you know they're happier? Based on this one report? If they are happier, why are people begging to move to the US?
Who is begging to move to the US? The only Swedish person I know that recently moved to the USA was Zlatan Ibrahimovic and it was against his will.
I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but the debate over immigration in the US stems from too many people wanting to move in, not from too many people wanting to leave. I never said the Swedes were begging to come, but plenty of people from other countries are. And yeah, I actually have a friend who's a neurosurgeon that moved from Sweden. She had to go through medical school twice.
Other countries, sure, but I doubt from the Nordic ones. You have to prove to me that the Nordic countries are not happy.

BTW, the USA is still 18th, so way above a lot of countries.
They may be happy. Good for them. A lot of people in America are happy too. What I don't understand is why the one's who aren't stay. It makes no sense to me.

By the way, I don't have to prove anything to you in terms of happiness. That is subjective to the individual.
How many people immigrate to the USA from Nordic countries per year?
More than Americans immigrate to Scandinavia, lol.
There are more Americans than Scandinavians.
There are more Muslims than Americans. Care to name some of their great inventions?
Coffee, Clocks, Cameras, Colleges, better surgical techniques and instruments, better cleanliness, etc. Shall I go on?
I said RECENT?!?!?!

None of those are recent inventions. LMAO. But even so you lied yet again. You are a professional liar.

Coffee - invented in 9th century Ethiopia
Clocks - Christiaan Huygens
Camera - Who invented camera? Johann Zahn designed the first camera in 1685. But the first photograph was clicked by Joseph Nicephore Niepce in the year 1814.
Colleges - Ancient Vedic Indians invented the residential university system. Taxila University, a seat of Hinduism and Buddhist philosophical learning, was the world's oldest university. Founded more than 2700 years ago, the university hosted more than 10,000 students from across the world.

"There are more Muslims than Americans. Care to name some of their great inventions?"

Lol you never said recent.

http://mvslim.com/10-things-you-use-every-day-that-are-invented-by-muslims/
5/29/2018 11:33 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/29/2018 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 10:02:00 AM (view original):

Nah, you're racist.

If you think acknowledging the fact that blacks are at a disadvantage due to institutional racism is actually the racist position, I’d not know what to tell you.

Maybe go back to school to improve your critical thinking skills?
Speaking of euphemisms. I know. You think blacks aren't smart enough to make it without the help of "white man". How tragic.
That's not what either of us are saying, but OK.
5/29/2018 11:34 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 9:48:00 AM (view original):
That’s not what I think. I think minorities have a harder time making it because white people, in general, don’t treat them equally.
I 100% disagree. SOME white people sure. But speaking from personal experience most treat everyone equally. You will never end racism but you can certainly reduce it significantly and I think getting rid of labels is a great start. Stating that "black people have a disadvantage" to me is 100% racist. But that is strictly my opinion.
“Getting rid of labels” is a euphemism for “ignore the problem because it doesn’t negatively affect me.”
Again. My parents came here with $100, did not speak English and were labeled as "JEW" on their Soviet Passports. I have faced anti semitism a lot. It does not mean that I think everyone in the country is an anti semite. I just ignore those people and don't deal with them. I personally would never ever never ever never ever treat someone differently because of their race, color or gender. I think 90% of the country thinks the same way. The other 10% are what they are and yelling racism at them won't change them, instead it will just make them more racist.

The country in general is geared toward the wealthy. That is capitalism. If you have money your race, color or gender are irrelevant. The key is to allow people to take full advantage of capitalism and that starts with two parents. We need to preach:

#1) Stay in school and graduate HS
#2) Don't become a single parent
#3) Get a job

Doing this will help all races. Unfortunately 70% of African Americans grow up with one parent compared to 40% for whites. But African Americans with two parents are much more successful than whites with one parent. So we should start there.

The New England Patriots are the epitome of success of the NFL. They draft at the bottom of the draft almost every year and are usually a top 5 team annually if not #1. Did you know, bad luck, that they only draft players with fathers or who have strong father figures? Dez Bryant was not on their board. Not because he is black but because he grew up in a single parent household without a strong father figure.

Blacks are no less equal than whites and actually are better athletes more often than not. Don't ask me why. Jews are terrible athletes. The fact that I am OK at sports despite my ethnicity is a marvel to me, LOL. Hindus are excellent at spelling contests. Scandavians are great power lifters. Some cultures are just more adept at certain things.

If you would stop crying racism and start preaching dual parent households this country would be way better off. Instead we are calling each other racist, when likely neither of us is one. Do you not see how dumb that is?

Couple of things.

Firstly, how would you achieve
#1) Stay in school and graduate HS
#2) Don't become a single parent
#3) Get a job

How do we get to a society where everyone does this? Or are you saying that we already live in that society and no one, at all, is at a disadvantage, which is incorrect and contradictory.

Secondly,

Unfortunately 70% of African Americans grow up with one parent compared to 40% for whites. But African Americans with two parents are much more successful than whites with one parent. So we should start there.

You keep hammering this but you are missing the point. I agree that two-parent is a big thing. So why is there a giant gap? And why do the two races, even with everything else equal, still have differing incomes?

5/29/2018 11:39 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/29/2018 10:12:00 AM (view original):
It made it harder for them 50 years ago. I live in the present. They are still behind because of what happened 50+ years ago, but they have equal opportunity today. They are just still playing catchup.
Correct. My parents were immigrants so I did not gain the generational wealth of some of my friends. So I did not get the down payment on the house or a new car. But my kids and their kids will be on par with others as we build up the generational wealth.
Right, so it is fair to say that you and your family had an institutional disadvantage. You were still able to succeed but it wasn't equal. Now apply that logic to black people and we agree.
5/29/2018 11:40 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Yep. Looters will loot.
OK, we agree. So this quote:

Under his watch the hate group BLM rose and police and the people had a horrible relationship.

While true, we agree that we cannot pin the blame on Obama for this.

5/29/2018 11:42 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):

Naw, just tax me at 99%.
The bad_luck tax?
Shut down the NFL, distribute the players equally amongst the populace.
5/29/2018 11:43 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Answer my question. There is racism everywhere as there is anti semitism but I believe it is a lot less now than it was in the 60s? Again how does a racist in Boston impact a lady in Boston deciding to become a single mom? Forget the race. We need to educate kids that being a single parent is likely going to cause them and their child to start behind the 8 Ball and be at a disadvantage. I NEVER hear anyone talk about that sans Ben Shapiro.
I will step in and take a shot.

You are missing the point. The point isn't that individual racist people are racist and those people negatively affect black people. The point is that longstanding institutional practices like slavery, Jim Crow, and redlining still have discernible effects on the black populace, with the generational wealth and everything. You are correct that individual people are making bad choices and that we need to make attempts to fix that, but if you believe that just fixing the single parent problem will close the race gap then you would be naive and incorrect. BL, Taint, Wylie, Bob, and I have all proved that even with all other things equal, black people are still at a disadvantage, due to generational wealth, redlining, justice/police systems, and that we hold the poor in general in this country down. You even agreed on this. There is more nuance in this issue than one side or the other, all black people succeeding or all black people failing. If you keep resorting to hyperbole, you will never get the point.
5/29/2018 11:48 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/27/2018 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/27/2018 9:33:00 PM (view original):
How do you know they're happier? Based on this one report? If they are happier, why are people begging to move to the US?
Who is begging to move to the US? The only Swedish person I know that recently moved to the USA was Zlatan Ibrahimovic and it was against his will.
I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but the debate over immigration in the US stems from too many people wanting to move in, not from too many people wanting to leave. I never said the Swedes were begging to come, but plenty of people from other countries are. And yeah, I actually have a friend who's a neurosurgeon that moved from Sweden. She had to go through medical school twice.
Other countries, sure, but I doubt from the Nordic ones. You have to prove to me that the Nordic countries are not happy.

BTW, the USA is still 18th, so way above a lot of countries.
They may be happy. Good for them. A lot of people in America are happy too. What I don't understand is why the one's who aren't stay. It makes no sense to me.

By the way, I don't have to prove anything to you in terms of happiness. That is subjective to the individual.
How many people immigrate to the USA from Nordic countries per year?
More than Americans immigrate to Scandinavia, lol.
There are more Americans than Scandinavians.
There are more Muslims than Americans. Care to name some of their great inventions?
Coffee, Clocks, Cameras, Colleges, better surgical techniques and instruments, better cleanliness, etc. Shall I go on?
I said RECENT?!?!?!

None of those are recent inventions. LMAO. But even so you lied yet again. You are a professional liar.

Coffee - invented in 9th century Ethiopia
Clocks - Christiaan Huygens
Camera - Who invented camera? Johann Zahn designed the first camera in 1685. But the first photograph was clicked by Joseph Nicephore Niepce in the year 1814.
Colleges - Ancient Vedic Indians invented the residential university system. Taxila University, a seat of Hinduism and Buddhist philosophical learning, was the world's oldest university. Founded more than 2700 years ago, the university hosted more than 10,000 students from across the world.

"There are more Muslims than Americans. Care to name some of their great inventions?"

Lol you never said recent.

http://mvslim.com/10-things-you-use-every-day-that-are-invented-by-muslims/
LOL - this dude is reaching. Again. Recent.

Like UBER....
5/29/2018 11:55 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 11:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I’m surprised you have enough brain cells to make your fingers move in order to type that idiocy.
You'd never say that to my face. Internet tough guy. Chill. This is an opinion. You don't have to agree.
And my opinion is that you are a moron.

Only a moron would say that Obama controlled BLM. Only a moron would think it's racist to acknowledge the fact that whites are privileged in America. Only a moron would think it's divisive to point out institutional racism.
I am OK with you thinking I am a moron. I am not the one who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist. LOL. You are.

#1) I never said he controlled it. I said it rose on his watch
#2) Whites are not privileged. Even wylie, your fellow Liberal agrees that blacks have athletic advantages. And if they have two parents they are on par with any race. Maybe if you treated them as equals vs. disadvantaged we would all be better off? Hmmm....
#3) It is divisive because you have not named one specific private institution that is racist.

You mad bro? You seem angry? Want a kiss? MWA
Not mad, just tired of you repeating the same lies over and over again.

Blacks in two parent households have much higher poverty rates than whites in two parent households.

The justice system is racist. Blacks get longer jail sentences than whites for the same crimes. Blacks are stopped, arrested, and charged with drug crimes at a higher rate than whites despite the same usage rates.
#1) Blacks who graduate from college are on par in terms of earnings as whites. It is getting better. Chill bro.
#2) Justice system in general needs an overhaul for all races. If you are rich it serves you just fine. See OJ. See Kobe Bryant. If you can afford a good attorney you are ahead of the game. That needs to be fixed. I agree. FOR ALL RACES.

Maybe if you were less pessimistic and more optimistic we'd all be better off?
#1) I already disproved this. That isn't true. Black people who graduate are on par with the average white person, yes, but that accounts for ALL white people, even the ones who don't graduate.

#2) Why do innocent black people get convicted more than innocent white people?

#3) How would we be better off by ignoring the problem?
#1) You did not

#2) Poor lawyers

#3) Allow capitalism to run its course

#1) OK, according to the charts you and Strikeout put out, the average income(or net worth, I forget) for black people with a degree and the average white person is the same.

#2) No, because the split holds true regardless of income.

#3) We have tried doing that for, let's see, 250 years? Slavery was due to capitalistic beliefs partially. So was Jim Crow. Capitalism has already run its course.
NO

Jim Crow was Gov't imposed. Slavery became obsolete post the invention of the cotton gin in the US. Strikeout proved that with college degrees the races are on par.
Both were kept in place, and slavery only happens in a capitalistic society. I also proved that the average income of a black person with a degree is the same as the average white income, meaning that for a black person to become equal to a white person in today's society, they must get a degree. This proves the inequality point.
Not at all. We just need to study blue collar job and compare them. I think those studies are skewed anyway.
5/29/2018 11:57 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/29/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Answer my question. There is racism everywhere as there is anti semitism but I believe it is a lot less now than it was in the 60s? Again how does a racist in Boston impact a lady in Boston deciding to become a single mom? Forget the race. We need to educate kids that being a single parent is likely going to cause them and their child to start behind the 8 Ball and be at a disadvantage. I NEVER hear anyone talk about that sans Ben Shapiro.
I will step in and take a shot.

You are missing the point. The point isn't that individual racist people are racist and those people negatively affect black people. The point is that longstanding institutional practices like slavery, Jim Crow, and redlining still have discernible effects on the black populace, with the generational wealth and everything. You are correct that individual people are making bad choices and that we need to make attempts to fix that, but if you believe that just fixing the single parent problem will close the race gap then you would be naive and incorrect. BL, Taint, Wylie, Bob, and I have all proved that even with all other things equal, black people are still at a disadvantage, due to generational wealth, redlining, justice/police systems, and that we hold the poor in general in this country down. You even agreed on this. There is more nuance in this issue than one side or the other, all black people succeeding or all black people failing. If you keep resorting to hyperbole, you will never get the point.
My point is move forward.
5/29/2018 11:58 AM
◂ Prev 1...218|219|220|221|222...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.