TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Nah, you're racist.
5/29/2018 9:57 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 9:48:00 AM (view original):
That’s not what I think. I think minorities have a harder time making it because white people, in general, don’t treat them equally.
I 100% disagree. SOME white people sure. But speaking from personal experience most treat everyone equally. You will never end racism but you can certainly reduce it significantly and I think getting rid of labels is a great start. Stating that "black people have a disadvantage" to me is 100% racist. But that is strictly my opinion.
5/29/2018 10:00 AM

Nah, you're racist.

If you think acknowledging the fact that blacks are at a disadvantage due to institutional racism is actually the racist position, I’d not know what to tell you.

Maybe go back to school to improve your critical thinking skills?
5/29/2018 10:01 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:00:00 AM (view original):
That’s not what I think. I think minorities have a harder time making it because white people, in general, don’t treat them equally.
I 100% disagree. SOME white people sure. But speaking from personal experience most treat everyone equally. You will never end racism but you can certainly reduce it significantly and I think getting rid of labels is a great start. Stating that "black people have a disadvantage" to me is 100% racist. But that is strictly my opinion.
“Getting rid of labels” is a euphemism for “ignore the problem because it doesn’t negatively affect me.”
5/29/2018 10:03 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 10:02:00 AM (view original):

Nah, you're racist.

If you think acknowledging the fact that blacks are at a disadvantage due to institutional racism is actually the racist position, I’d not know what to tell you.

Speaking of euphemisms. I know. You think blacks aren't smart enough to make it without the help of "white man". How tragic.
5/29/2018 10:06 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/29/2018 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 10:02:00 AM (view original):

Nah, you're racist.

Speaking of euphemisms. I know. You think blacks aren't smart enough to make it without the help of "white man". How tragic.
So you don’t think racism makes life harder for blacks?
5/29/2018 10:08 AM
It made it harder for them 50 years ago. I live in the present. They are still behind because of what happened 50+ years ago, but they have equal opportunity today. They are just still playing catchup.
5/29/2018 10:12 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/29/2018 10:12:00 AM (view original):
It made it harder for them 50 years ago. I live in the present. They are still behind because of what happened 50+ years ago, but they have equal opportunity today. They are just still playing catchup.
So racism today doesn’t impact blacks at all?
5/29/2018 10:13 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:00:00 AM (view original):
“Getting rid of labels” is a euphemism for “ignore the problem because it doesn’t negatively affect me.”
Again. My parents came here with $100, did not speak English and were labeled as "JEW" on their Soviet Passports. I have faced anti semitism a lot. It does not mean that I think everyone in the country is an anti semite. I just ignore those people and don't deal with them. I personally would never ever never ever never ever treat someone differently because of their race, color or gender. I think 90% of the country thinks the same way. The other 10% are what they are and yelling racism at them won't change them, instead it will just make them more racist.

The country in general is geared toward the wealthy. That is capitalism. If you have money your race, color or gender are irrelevant. The key is to allow people to take full advantage of capitalism and that starts with two parents. We need to preach:

#1) Stay in school and graduate HS
#2) Don't become a single parent
#3) Get a job

Doing this will help all races. Unfortunately 70% of African Americans grow up with one parent compared to 40% for whites. But African Americans with two parents are much more successful than whites with one parent. So we should start there.

The New England Patriots are the epitome of success of the NFL. They draft at the bottom of the draft almost every year and are usually a top 5 team annually if not #1. Did you know, bad luck, that they only draft players with fathers or who have strong father figures? Dez Bryant was not on their board. Not because he is black but because he grew up in a single parent household without a strong father figure.

Blacks are no less equal than whites and actually are better athletes more often than not. Don't ask me why. Jews are terrible athletes. The fact that I am OK at sports despite my ethnicity is a marvel to me, LOL. Hindus are excellent at spelling contests. Scandavians are great power lifters. Some cultures are just more adept at certain things.

If you would stop crying racism and start preaching dual parent households this country would be way better off. Instead we are calling each other racist, when likely neither of us is one. Do you not see how dumb that is?

5/29/2018 10:16 AM
Correct. My parents were immigrants so I did not gain the generational wealth of some of my friends. So I did not get the down payment on the house or a new car. But my kids and their kids will be on par with others as we build up the generational wealth.
5/29/2018 10:18 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Racism impacts those who allow it to impact them. Capitalism is color blind. How does a racist in KY impact a young lady in MA when she decides to become a single mom at 18? Come on man.
5/29/2018 10:19 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/29/2018 10:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2018 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Racism impacts those who allow it to impact them. Capitalism is color blind. How does a racist in KY impact a young lady in MA when she decides to become a single mom at 18? Come on man.
So there’s no racism in MA?

5/29/2018 10:20 AM
Answer my question. There is racism everywhere as there is anti semitism but I believe it is a lot less now than it was in the 60s? Again how does a racist in Boston impact a lady in Boston deciding to become a single mom? Forget the race. We need to educate kids that being a single parent is likely going to cause them and their child to start behind the 8 Ball and be at a disadvantage. I NEVER hear anyone talk about that sans Ben Shapiro.
5/29/2018 10:23 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:41:00 PM (view original):
Bought my SEASON TICKETS yesterday. GO CHIEFS!

(your sarcasm levels are 11/10)
...somewhat like Spinal Tap.
5/29/2018 10:38 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 10:39:00 PM (view original):
FAIR describes itself on its website as "the national media watch group" and defines its mission as working to "invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints." FAIR refers to itself as a "progressive group that believes that structural reform is ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, establish independent public broadcasting and promote strong nonprofit sources of information."

The Atlantic is owned by Emerson Collective. Look them up if you want to see how deep that rabbit hole goes.

Salon is an American news and opinion website... It has a politically progressive, liberal or left-wing perspective.

Matthew Yglesias is an American blogger and journalist who writes about economics and politics from a liberal perspective.

Sorry, friend. You keep using circular logic. Time for me to go to sleep now.
Whether or not you like Brookings, the underlying data is there. Blacks are at a disadvantage. Do you disagree?
I am referencing the source of the data and the methodology used. I'm not talking about blacks at all.
5/29/2018 10:47 AM
◂ Prev 1...217|218|219|220|221...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.