TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

LOL, what does CNN have to say?
5/28/2018 9:40 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 9:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Nothing wrong with Brookkngs.

“As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Brookings describes itself as independent and non-partisan. A 2005 academic study by UCLA concluded it was "centrist" because it was referenced as an authority almost equally by both conservative and liberal politicians in congressional records from 1993 to 2002.[18]The New York Times has referred to the organization as liberal, liberal-centrist, centrist, and conservative. The Washington Post has described Brookings as centrist and liberal. The Los Angeles Times has described Brookings as liberal-leaning and centrist before opining that it did not believe such labels mattered.”
You forgot the line where Time magazine called the Brookings Institute the pre-eminent liberal think tank...or did you omit it intentionally?

New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times...it's a journalistic circle jerk.
They said that in 1977.

I also left off this:

“The media watchdog group Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting has described Brookings as "centrist,"[44][63] "conservative,"[64] and "center-right."[65]

And this:

Journalists at The Atlantic and Salon have argued that Brookings foreign policy scholars were overly supportive of Bush administration policies abroad.[66][67] Blogger Matthew Yglesias has stated that Brookings's Michael E. O'Hanlon frequently agrees with scholars from conservative organizations such as the American Enterprise Institute, The Weekly Standard, and the Project for the New American Century.[66] Similarly, Brookings fellow and research director Benjamin Wittes is a member of the conservative Hoover Institution's Task Force on National Security and Law.[68]

Brookings scholars have served in Republican and Democratic administrations, including Mark McClellan,[69] Ron Haskins[70] and Martin Indyk.[71][72]

The Brookings Board of Trustees is composed of 53 Trustees and more than three dozen Honorary Trustees, including Kenneth Duberstein, a former chief of staff to Ronald Reagan. Aside from political figures, the board of trustees includes leaders in business and industry, including Philip H. Knight, Chairman of Nike, Inc.[73]

This used data from Pew Research. The data is there if you want to see it.

5/28/2018 9:45 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/28/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I don't think I am "Right"

I am pro life, I think the 2nd Amendment is outdated and I believe in a $$ cap for CEOs of companies if those companies have layoffs. I don't like tangplay because his rhetoric is racist. Saying "white privilege" really means "black disadvantage" and I find that abhorrent. Saying institutional racism while quoting random stats further promotes this divisive rhetoric. People like dino are equally bad. They preach hatred and if you disagree they redline you. Pathetic. Sounds like communist Russia to me.

They state this rhetoric while having zero knowledge of how finance works, how defense is funded, how our court system works. This is what divides this country and it annoys me. BHO was the worst president for the military in recent memory, maybe ever. He artificially inflated the stock market by keeping rates low, he never addressed entitlements and he lied when he said "HRC was the most qualified candidate ever". Under his watch the hate group BLM rose and police and the people had a horrible relationship. Under his leadership ISIS arose and North Korea became even more of a pariah. Shall we even mention Syria and Russia?

Yet I heard nothing. DJT has been in office for a year and tangplay acts as if he is Attila the Hun. I find that mind boggling and hypocritical.
BHO:
1. Not the worst pres. for our military. Not even close. He raised their budget.
2. HRC was up there. She was very qualified.
3. He had no control over BLM. He had no control over police.
4. ISIS was not his fault, lol. Bush was the one who planted the seeds for that.
5. OK, I will give you the North Korea one. But Trump hasn't been any better.
6. Syria: not his fault.
7. Russia: OK yeah he should have done better.

You have yet to mention one thing DJT has done that you disagree with. I don't think Trump is even close to the worst Pres of all time, and I don't hate him. He isn't a racist, bigot, antisemite, etc. He is not the smartest guy, though, and I disagree with him as a person and a lot of his ideas.

BTW, if you support Trump on basically everything, you are on the right. Sorry bud. Libertarians tend to be on the right.

And my rhetoric is racist. Yes, black people are at a systematic disadvantage. The rhetoric is only divisive because people like you have your head in the sand and cannot accept fact.
#1) One of my clients is a defense contractor and I quote him. We can agree to disagree and he is a Democrat who lives in MA.
#2) Subjective but Obama hated her.
#3) BS
#4) He pulled out of Iraq its on him. Bush is an idiot too.
#5) Trump has only had one year to BHO's 8.
#6) Whose fault then?
#7) Yep

I have been bashing DJT non stop for not addressing entitlements. What do you mean? I like his rhetoric when it comes to Mexico and agree with his fiscal policies and of course the increased military spend. I question his multiple cabinet changes but he is a newbie politician.

If thats the case why do they dominate the NFL and NBA?
Okay, tell us how Obama controlled BLM and/or the police?
You keep bringing up the NFL and the NBA as evidence that blacks are not at a disadvantage. The NFL and the NBA are extremely small segments of the population, and are not a realistic reflection of society. There are a lot of blacks in the NFL and the NBA because those specific Black men are tall and/or fast and have athletic talent. If a Mexican had the same talent as LeBron, you can bet your *** he'd be in the NBA or NFL. (I Think James would be a star in the NFL too if he had gone in that direction)
Sure instead of denouncing the riots he fueled them. It also pulled the country apart. In Baltimore you had a black mayor, black police chief, mostly black legislators (all Dems), black attorney general and black POTUS. What are you protesting? You don't have to go pro but you can get a college scholarship and thats pretty cool. So the advanced athleticism give an advantage, we agree. Thank you. I agree in terms of LBJ.
You can't force people not to protest, regardless of whether you agree with their cause.
You can address what they are protesting however, can you not?

I would have said "This country has come a long way we have an African American President". We still have some ways to go but let's not be divisive.
You are getting into semantics. The protests continue regardless of what Obama does. Even if Obama had said that, protesters would still protest.

I would have said "This country has come a long way to have an African-American President. However, we still have lingering deep systemic inequities in our system. Under my presidency I will attempt, to the best of my ability, to implement change that will equalize opportunity for all Americans."
5/28/2018 10:27 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I am pro life, I think the 2nd Amendment is outdated and I believe in a $$ cap for CEOs of companies if those companies have layoffs. I don't like tangplay because his rhetoric is racist. Saying "white privilege" really means "black disadvantage" and I find that abhorrent. Saying institutional racism while quoting random stats further promotes this divisive rhetoric. People like dino are equally bad. They preach hatred and if you disagree they redline you. Pathetic. Sounds like communist Russia to me.

They state this rhetoric while having zero knowledge of how finance works, how defense is funded, how our court system works. This is what divides this country and it annoys me. BHO was the worst president for the military in recent memory, maybe ever. He artificially inflated the stock market by keeping rates low, he never addressed entitlements and he lied when he said "HRC was the most qualified candidate ever". Under his watch the hate group BLM rose and police and the people had a horrible relationship. Under his leadership ISIS arose and North Korea became even more of a pariah. Shall we even mention Syria and Russia?

Yet I heard nothing. DJT has been in office for a year and tangplay acts as if he is Attila the Hun. I find that mind boggling and hypocritical.
I’m surprised you have enough brain cells to make your fingers move in order to type that idiocy.
You'd never say that to my face. Internet tough guy. Chill. This is an opinion. You don't have to agree.
And my opinion is that you are a moron.

Only a moron would say that Obama controlled BLM. Only a moron would think it's racist to acknowledge the fact that whites are privileged in America. Only a moron would think it's divisive to point out institutional racism.
I am OK with you thinking I am a moron. I am not the one who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist. LOL. You are.

#1) I never said he controlled it. I said it rose on his watch
#2) Whites are not privileged. Even wylie, your fellow Liberal agrees that blacks have athletic advantages. And if they have two parents they are on par with any race. Maybe if you treated them as equals vs. disadvantaged we would all be better off? Hmmm....
#3) It is divisive because you have not named one specific private institution that is racist.

You mad bro? You seem angry? Want a kiss? MWA
Not mad, just tired of you repeating the same lies over and over again.

Blacks in two parent households have much higher poverty rates than whites in two parent households.

The justice system is racist. Blacks get longer jail sentences than whites for the same crimes. Blacks are stopped, arrested, and charged with drug crimes at a higher rate than whites despite the same usage rates.
#1) Blacks who graduate from college are on par in terms of earnings as whites. It is getting better. Chill bro.
#2) Justice system in general needs an overhaul for all races. If you are rich it serves you just fine. See OJ. See Kobe Bryant. If you can afford a good attorney you are ahead of the game. That needs to be fixed. I agree. FOR ALL RACES.

Maybe if you were less pessimistic and more optimistic we'd all be better off?
#1) I already disproved this. That isn't true. Black people who graduate are on par with the average white person, yes, but that accounts for ALL white people, even the ones who don't graduate.

#2) Why do innocent black people get convicted more than innocent white people?

#3) How would we be better off by ignoring the problem?
#1) You did not

#2) Poor lawyers

#3) Allow capitalism to run its course

#1) OK, according to the charts you and Strikeout put out, the average income(or net worth, I forget) for black people with a degree and the average white person is the same.

#2) No, because the split holds true regardless of income.

#3) We have tried doing that for, let's see, 250 years? Slavery was due to capitalistic beliefs partially. So was Jim Crow. Capitalism has already run its course.
5/28/2018 10:29 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 5:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/27/2018 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/27/2018 9:33:00 PM (view original):
How do you know they're happier? Based on this one report? If they are happier, why are people begging to move to the US?
Who is begging to move to the US? The only Swedish person I know that recently moved to the USA was Zlatan Ibrahimovic and it was against his will.
I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but the debate over immigration in the US stems from too many people wanting to move in, not from too many people wanting to leave. I never said the Swedes were begging to come, but plenty of people from other countries are. And yeah, I actually have a friend who's a neurosurgeon that moved from Sweden. She had to go through medical school twice.
Other countries, sure, but I doubt from the Nordic ones. You have to prove to me that the Nordic countries are not happy.

BTW, the USA is still 18th, so way above a lot of countries.
They may be happy. Good for them. A lot of people in America are happy too. What I don't understand is why the one's who aren't stay. It makes no sense to me.

By the way, I don't have to prove anything to you in terms of happiness. That is subjective to the individual.
How many people immigrate to the USA from Nordic countries per year?
More than Americans immigrate to Scandinavia, lol.
There are more Americans than Scandinavians.
There are more Muslims than Americans. Care to name some of their great inventions?
Coffee, Clocks, Cameras, Colleges, better surgical techniques and instruments, better cleanliness, etc. Shall I go on?
5/28/2018 10:32 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Everybody stop it. I live in Kansas City and have to put up with enough Chiefs crap already. The Royals are OK, but the Chiefs? STFU...please.
Royals are far from OK this year.

CHIEEFFFSSSSS
What I meant was...talking about the KC Royals is acceptable to most Americans. Talking about the KC Chiefs shows a serious lack of culture.
Why? The Chiefs are great.
5/28/2018 10:32 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I’m surprised you have enough brain cells to make your fingers move in order to type that idiocy.
You'd never say that to my face. Internet tough guy. Chill. This is an opinion. You don't have to agree.
And my opinion is that you are a moron.

Only a moron would say that Obama controlled BLM. Only a moron would think it's racist to acknowledge the fact that whites are privileged in America. Only a moron would think it's divisive to point out institutional racism.
I am OK with you thinking I am a moron. I am not the one who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist. LOL. You are.

#1) I never said he controlled it. I said it rose on his watch
#2) Whites are not privileged. Even wylie, your fellow Liberal agrees that blacks have athletic advantages. And if they have two parents they are on par with any race. Maybe if you treated them as equals vs. disadvantaged we would all be better off? Hmmm....
#3) It is divisive because you have not named one specific private institution that is racist.

You mad bro? You seem angry? Want a kiss? MWA
Not mad, just tired of you repeating the same lies over and over again.

Blacks in two parent households have much higher poverty rates than whites in two parent households.

The justice system is racist. Blacks get longer jail sentences than whites for the same crimes. Blacks are stopped, arrested, and charged with drug crimes at a higher rate than whites despite the same usage rates.
#1) Blacks who graduate from college are on par in terms of earnings as whites. It is getting better. Chill bro.
#2) Justice system in general needs an overhaul for all races. If you are rich it serves you just fine. See OJ. See Kobe Bryant. If you can afford a good attorney you are ahead of the game. That needs to be fixed. I agree. FOR ALL RACES.

Maybe if you were less pessimistic and more optimistic we'd all be better off?
#1) I already disproved this. That isn't true. Black people who graduate are on par with the average white person, yes, but that accounts for ALL white people, even the ones who don't graduate.

#2) Why do innocent black people get convicted more than innocent white people?

#3) How would we be better off by ignoring the problem?
You are wrong about #1. We have already have this discussion. Black males with college degrees make slightly less than white males with the same degree. Black females make more than white females with the same degree. I've already showed you the evidence.
I responded to that by saying that
a) that report was in 2003
b) When you check your evidence against CCCP's, what I stated is true.
5/28/2018 10:34 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:25:00 PM (view original):
Yes, probably so. LOL.

But I am really only mean to tangplay, who is a moron. The rest I think well I am mostly polite, no? Shall we discuss how tangplay the supposed sports journalist utterly dismissed Seattle and their home field advantage and stated "In Reid we Trust".....come on man. That dude is a liar and deserves the vitriol. Or at least in my mind he does.
I mean, you repeatedly call Wylie, Taint, and BL morons.

It's a sports simulation website, chill out. I am unbiased when I report. I am just being a homer fan on here. Come on, man. And I am still not a liar. The only 'lie' you think I told was that I am Jewish, which is a fact. I am Jewish.

BTW, I stand by the Seattle stuff. Their bandwagon fans will be gone next year. Chiefs are winning that game. You can quote me on that.
I don't call Taint and wylie morons. BL yes, but he wants to tax people at 99%, called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist, said Brad Radke was the same guy as Catfish Hunter, etc. Tough for me not to attack him.

I would respect you if you stated there is "black disadvantage" vs. "white privilege". Since Asians earn more I think you should just admit this is what you mean.
Seriously? You called wylie a moron, idiot, or something like that less than 10 pages ago. He even called you out on that.

Black people do have a fundamental disadvantage. The term 'white privilege' has some negative connotations to it so I prefer institutional racism.

Plus 'privilege' is really hard for me to spell for some reason.
5/28/2018 10:36 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/28/2018 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Thanks.....can't help but feel nervous. Just need to take care of the ball and not try and make the spectacular play all of the time. No Chris Paul doesn't hurt either.
Feed Durant and you'll be fine and then please kick the Lebrons *****. That is the team name btw not the CAVS!!! UGH!!
Wow, there goes CCCP and his racism again. He only hates LeBron because he is black.

*sarcasm*
5/28/2018 10:37 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 9:35:00 PM (view original):
The Brookings Institute stated mission is to "provide innovative and practical recommendations that advance three broad goals: strengthen American democracy; foster the economic and social welfare, security and opportunity of all Americans; and secure a more open, safe, prosperous, and cooperative international system."

If you know the motivation behind where the information originates, it's not hard to understand how or why they reach a particular conclusion.
Funny because Brookings is also where CCCP gets his tried and true go-to:

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/three-simple-rules-poor-teens-should-follow-to-join-the-middle-class/

So if Brookings is out the window I am fine with that.
5/28/2018 10:39 PM
FAIR describes itself on its website as "the national media watch group" and defines its mission as working to "invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints." FAIR refers to itself as a "progressive group that believes that structural reform is ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, establish independent public broadcasting and promote strong nonprofit sources of information."

The Atlantic is owned by Emerson Collective. Look them up if you want to see how deep that rabbit hole goes.

Salon is an American news and opinion website... It has a politically progressive, liberal or left-wing perspective.

Matthew Yglesias is an American blogger and journalist who writes about economics and politics from a liberal perspective.

Sorry, friend. You keep using circular logic. Time for me to go to sleep now.
5/28/2018 10:39 PM
538?
5/28/2018 10:40 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/28/2018 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Everybody stop it. I live in Kansas City and have to put up with enough Chiefs crap already. The Royals are OK, but the Chiefs? STFU...please.
Royals are far from OK this year.

CHIEEFFFSSSSS
What I meant was...talking about the KC Royals is acceptable to most Americans. Talking about the KC Chiefs shows a serious lack of culture.
Why? The Chiefs are great.
I'm just being sarcastic.
5/28/2018 10:40 PM
Bought my SEASON TICKETS yesterday. GO CHIEFS!

(your sarcasm levels are 11/10)
5/28/2018 10:41 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 10:39:00 PM (view original):
FAIR describes itself on its website as "the national media watch group" and defines its mission as working to "invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints." FAIR refers to itself as a "progressive group that believes that structural reform is ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, establish independent public broadcasting and promote strong nonprofit sources of information."

The Atlantic is owned by Emerson Collective. Look them up if you want to see how deep that rabbit hole goes.

Salon is an American news and opinion website... It has a politically progressive, liberal or left-wing perspective.

Matthew Yglesias is an American blogger and journalist who writes about economics and politics from a liberal perspective.

Sorry, friend. You keep using circular logic. Time for me to go to sleep now.
Whether or not you like Brookings, the underlying data is there. Blacks are at a disadvantage. Do you disagree?
5/28/2018 11:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...215|216|217|218|219...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.