Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I don't think I am "Right"

I am pro life, I think the 2nd Amendment is outdated and I believe in a $$ cap for CEOs of companies if those companies have layoffs. I don't like tangplay because his rhetoric is racist. Saying "white privilege" really means "black disadvantage" and I find that abhorrent. Saying institutional racism while quoting random stats further promotes this divisive rhetoric. People like dino are equally bad. They preach hatred and if you disagree they redline you. Pathetic. Sounds like communist Russia to me.

They state this rhetoric while having zero knowledge of how finance works, how defense is funded, how our court system works. This is what divides this country and it annoys me. BHO was the worst president for the military in recent memory, maybe ever. He artificially inflated the stock market by keeping rates low, he never addressed entitlements and he lied when he said "HRC was the most qualified candidate ever". Under his watch the hate group BLM rose and police and the people had a horrible relationship. Under his leadership ISIS arose and North Korea became even more of a pariah. Shall we even mention Syria and Russia?

Yet I heard nothing. DJT has been in office for a year and tangplay acts as if he is Attila the Hun. I find that mind boggling and hypocritical.
I’m surprised you have enough brain cells to make your fingers move in order to type that idiocy.
You'd never say that to my face. Internet tough guy. Chill. This is an opinion. You don't have to agree.
And my opinion is that you are a moron.

Only a moron would say that Obama controlled BLM. Only a moron would think it's racist to acknowledge the fact that whites are privileged in America. Only a moron would think it's divisive to point out institutional racism.
I am OK with you thinking I am a moron. I am not the one who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist. LOL. You are.

#1) I never said he controlled it. I said it rose on his watch
#2) Whites are not privileged. Even wylie, your fellow Liberal agrees that blacks have athletic advantages. And if they have two parents they are on par with any race. Maybe if you treated them as equals vs. disadvantaged we would all be better off? Hmmm....
#3) It is divisive because you have not named one specific private institution that is racist.

You mad bro? You seem angry? Want a kiss? MWA
Not mad, just tired of you repeating the same lies over and over again.

Blacks in two parent households have much higher poverty rates than whites in two parent households.

The justice system is racist. Blacks get longer jail sentences than whites for the same crimes. Blacks are stopped, arrested, and charged with drug crimes at a higher rate than whites despite the same usage rates.
#1) Blacks who graduate from college are on par in terms of earnings as whites. It is getting better. Chill bro.
#2) Justice system in general needs an overhaul for all races. If you are rich it serves you just fine. See OJ. See Kobe Bryant. If you can afford a good attorney you are ahead of the game. That needs to be fixed. I agree. FOR ALL RACES.

Maybe if you were less pessimistic and more optimistic we'd all be better off?
#1) I already disproved this. That isn't true. Black people who graduate are on par with the average white person, yes, but that accounts for ALL white people, even the ones who don't graduate.

#2) Why do innocent black people get convicted more than innocent white people?

#3) How would we be better off by ignoring the problem?
You are wrong about #1. We have already have this discussion. Black males with college degrees make slightly less than white males with the same degree. Black females make more than white females with the same degree. I've already showed you the evidence.
Its within the margin of error.
5/28/2018 6:23 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 6:00:00 PM (view original):
I can name a large number of private institutions that are racist.

Cornell, Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Columbia, MIT, Wellesley, Vassar, Smith and Stanford come immediately to mind. I could come up with a few hundred more examples if you like.
LOL

5/28/2018 6:24 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/28/2018 6:18:00 PM (view original):
What did Taint delete? I'm curious.
Nothing worthwhile....had to do with Muslim inventions. Just don't want to go down anymore rabbit holes today. Getting primed for the Warriors game 7.
5/28/2018 6:42 PM
I am rooting for them. After my Cs were eliminated I am all in on the Ws!

Good Luck!
5/28/2018 7:37 PM
Thanks.....can't help but feel nervous. Just need to take care of the ball and not try and make the spectacular play all of the time. No Chris Paul doesn't hurt either.
5/28/2018 7:43 PM
Yeah, Mark Jackson really has that team on the right track. I expect Andrew Bogut and Marshon Brooks to both have great nights tonight for Golden State.
5/28/2018 7:47 PM
lol
5/28/2018 8:08 PM
Posted by The Taint on 5/28/2018 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Thanks.....can't help but feel nervous. Just need to take care of the ball and not try and make the spectacular play all of the time. No Chris Paul doesn't hurt either.
Feed Durant and you'll be fine and then please kick the Lebrons *****. That is the team name btw not the CAVS!!! UGH!!
5/28/2018 8:45 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 4:39:00 PM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

I am pro life, I think the 2nd Amendment is outdated and I believe in a $$ cap for CEOs of companies if those companies have layoffs. I don't like tangplay because his rhetoric is racist. Saying "white privilege" really means "black disadvantage" and I find that abhorrent. Saying institutional racism while quoting random stats further promotes this divisive rhetoric. People like dino are equally bad. They preach hatred and if you disagree they redline you. Pathetic. Sounds like communist Russia to me.

They state this rhetoric while having zero knowledge of how finance works, how defense is funded, how our court system works. This is what divides this country and it annoys me. BHO was the worst president for the military in recent memory, maybe ever. He artificially inflated the stock market by keeping rates low, he never addressed entitlements and he lied when he said "HRC was the most qualified candidate ever". Under his watch the hate group BLM rose and police and the people had a horrible relationship. Under his leadership ISIS arose and North Korea became even more of a pariah. Shall we even mention Syria and Russia?

Yet I heard nothing. DJT has been in office for a year and tangplay acts as if he is Attila the Hun. I find that mind boggling and hypocritical.
I’m surprised you have enough brain cells to make your fingers move in order to type that idiocy.
You'd never say that to my face. Internet tough guy. Chill. This is an opinion. You don't have to agree.

Only a moron would say that Obama controlled BLM. Only a moron would think it's racist to acknowledge the fact that whites are privileged in America. Only a moron would think it's divisive to point out institutional racism.
I am OK with you thinking I am a moron. I am not the one who called Ben Shapiro a white supremacist. LOL. You are.

#2) Whites are not privileged. Even wylie, your fellow Liberal agrees that blacks have athletic advantages. And if they have two parents they are on par with any race. Maybe if you treated them as equals vs. disadvantaged we would all be better off? Hmmm....
#3) It is divisive because you have not named one specific private institution that is racist.

Blacks in two parent households have much higher poverty rates than whites in two parent households.

The justice system is racist. Blacks get longer jail sentences than whites for the same crimes. Blacks are stopped, arrested, and charged with drug crimes at a higher rate than whites despite the same usage rates.
#1) Blacks who graduate from college are on par in terms of earnings as whites. It is getting better. Chill bro.
#2) Justice system in general needs an overhaul for all races. If you are rich it serves you just fine. See OJ. See Kobe Bryant. If you can afford a good attorney you are ahead of the game. That needs to be fixed. I agree. FOR ALL RACES.

1) That’s not true. There is still an income gap between blacks and whites with college degrees. And that’s ignoring the fact that you have to get to college, which is harder for blacks because they are at a disadvantage.

2) Sure, but we can also address the fact that the Justice system is racist.
5/28/2018 8:51 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 8:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/28/2018 4:39:00 PM (view original):
I am a Libertarian.

1) That’s not true. There is still an income gap between blacks and whites with college degrees. And that’s ignoring the fact that you have to get to college, which is harder for blacks because they are at a disadvantage.

2) Sure, but we can also address the fact that the Justice system is racist.
White males with college degrees make slightly more (about 4%) than black males with the same degrees. Black females make slightly more than white females with the same degree. I've already posted this data.
5/28/2018 9:03 PM
From Brookings:

There are wide, stubborn economic gaps between black and white households in the U.S. Why? Many factors are at work, of course, including lower rates of upward mobility, discrimination in the labor market, big differences in rates of incarceration, disparities in access to quality education, historic exclusion from home ownership, and so on.

In fact, black households headed by a college graduate are less wealthy than less-educated white ones. Again, there are clearly a myriad of factors at work here. One is that a racial wage gap remains even among college graduates, especially men. In 2015, college-educated white men over age 25 made a median of $32 per hour, compared to $25 for black men.
5/28/2018 9:12 PM (edited)
The Brookings Institute stated mission is to "provide innovative and practical recommendations that advance three broad goals: strengthen American democracy; foster the economic and social welfare, security and opportunity of all Americans; and secure a more open, safe, prosperous, and cooperative international system."

If you know the motivation behind where the information originates, it's not hard to understand how or why they reach a particular conclusion.
5/28/2018 9:35 PM (edited)
Nothing wrong with Brookkngs.

“As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Brookings describes itself as independent and non-partisan. A 2005 academic study by UCLA concluded it was "centrist" because it was referenced as an authority almost equally by both conservative and liberal politicians in congressional records from 1993 to 2002.[18]The New York Times has referred to the organization as liberal, liberal-centrist, centrist, and conservative. The Washington Post has described Brookings as centrist and liberal. The Los Angeles Times has described Brookings as liberal-leaning and centrist before opining that it did not believe such labels mattered.”
5/28/2018 9:35 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/28/2018 9:35:00 PM (view original):
The Brookings Institute stated mission is to "provide innovative and practical recommendations that advance three broad goals: strengthen American democracy; foster the economic and social welfare, security and opportunity of all Americans; and secure a more open, safe, prosperous, and cooperative international system."

If you know the motivation behind where the information originates, it's not hard to understand how or why they reach a particular conclusion.
Are you arguing that blacks aren’t at a disadvantage in America?
5/28/2018 9:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/28/2018 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Nothing wrong with Brookkngs.

“As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Brookings describes itself as independent and non-partisan. A 2005 academic study by UCLA concluded it was "centrist" because it was referenced as an authority almost equally by both conservative and liberal politicians in congressional records from 1993 to 2002.[18]The New York Times has referred to the organization as liberal, liberal-centrist, centrist, and conservative. The Washington Post has described Brookings as centrist and liberal. The Los Angeles Times has described Brookings as liberal-leaning and centrist before opining that it did not believe such labels mattered.”
You forgot the line where Time magazine called the Brookings Institute the pre-eminent liberal think tank...or did you omit it intentionally?

New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times...it's a journalistic circle jerk.
5/28/2018 9:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...214|215|216|217|218...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.