TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 5/27/2018 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/27/2018 5:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/27/2018 4:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/27/2018 2:18:00 PM (view original):
lol. CCCP owned yet again.
IDIOT. Every top athlete would establish residence elsewhere. Every top businessman and top actor. OWNED? Jeez if pro life people saw you they d likely change their minds.
Hey, dummy, you know where you earn the money is what matters right? It doesn’t matter if you live in the Caymen Islands if your paychecks are coming from the work you do for the Lakers in Los Angeles.
Yes and more loopholes would be found. Do you not agree? Why do people establish their residences in Monaco?

You may be the dumbest person on these boards.
There is no loophole that allows someone to draw a W2 in California but live in the Caymen Islands and not pay US income tax. *******, you are a financial moron.
5/27/2018 9:46 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/27/2018 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Taxes shouldn't be used for social engineering.
Too late. We have all kinds of incentives built into the tax code. Deductions, different rates for investment income, property tax caps, etc.
5/27/2018 9:47 PM
I get that. It drives me nuts. I have said many times that we shouldn't have any deductions. The purpose of taxes are to fund the government, not to encourage people to buy a house or electric car. I understand that what I want out of the tax code and what reality is are two different things.
5/27/2018 9:55 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 5/27/2018 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/27/2018 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Taxes shouldn't be used for social engineering.
Too late. We have all kinds of incentives built into the tax code. Deductions, different rates for investment income, property tax caps, etc.
As much as I disagree with you on the other point, this is hard to argue.
5/27/2018 9:54 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/27/2018 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/27/2018 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, bad_luck, I wasn't ignoring you. By creating a hard cap on income, you create a hard cap on motivation to achieve (for most.) We live in a money economy. Only a saint would continue to reach upward once they reach that $10M level.

Most of us are not saints. What you propose is a great utopian ideal. In reality, it would breed retardation and mediocrity.
It doesn’t create a cap on motivation. $10m is an unbelievably large amount of money. Anyone starting a business would be happy to personally make $10m once, let alone more than $10m annually.

In reality, it would create an incentive to reinvest. We know, for a fact, that cutting upper income tax rates doesn’t encourage owners to reinvest the money back into the business.

But if, for example, you’re a business owner and you project $12m in personal income for a year, you have a choice. You can hang on to the additional $20k and give an extra $1.98m to the feds or you can put that entire $2m back into the company—pay your employees more, buy new equipment, etc. The tax caps the amount large shareholders can extract from the business.
No, it is not...depending on the state you live in.

Besides, a Bachelor degree will cost $10M in about a generation or so.
5/27/2018 9:56 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/27/2018 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, bad_luck, I wasn't ignoring you. By creating a hard cap on income, you create a hard cap on motivation to achieve (for most.) We live in a money economy. Only a saint would continue to reach upward once they reach that $10M level.

Most of us are not saints. What you propose is a great utopian ideal. In reality, it would breed retardation and mediocrity.
It doesn’t create a cap on motivation. $10m is an unbelievably large amount of money. Anyone starting a business would be happy to personally make $10m once, let alone more than $10m annually.

In reality, it would create an incentive to reinvest. We know, for a fact, that cutting upper income tax rates doesn’t encourage owners to reinvest the money back into the business.

But if, for example, you’re a business owner and you project $12m in personal income for a year, you have a choice. You can hang on to the additional $20k and give an extra $1.98m to the feds or you can put that entire $2m back into the company—pay your employees more, buy new equipment, etc. The tax caps the amount large shareholders can extract from the business.

There are 330 million people in the US. ~18k file federal taxes with a TAXABLE income over $10m. It’s incredibly rare.
5/27/2018 9:59 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/27/2018 9:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/27/2018 9:56:00 PM (view original):

There are 330 million people in the US. ~18k file federal taxes with a TAXABLE income over $10m. It’s incredibly rare.
Does someone else want to take a shot? I can't seem to break through.

Strip those 18K of the monetary incentive to amass wealth and a nice chunk of our 330 million countrymen will be dying for a job.
5/27/2018 10:06 PM
You're not going to be able to break through. There are few on here that are so politically extreme that it's not worth discussing politics with them. You will figure out who they are. Actually, i'm sure you are already figuring it out.
5/27/2018 10:10 PM
eh, I find it interesting...from a philosophical standpoint.
5/27/2018 10:12 PM
Yeah. It's just a compilation of comments from certain people.
5/27/2018 10:15 PM
Just so we're clear, I'm not singling out either side of the political spectrum.
5/27/2018 10:16 PM
No problem. For full disclosure, I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I think they are both equally worthless.
5/27/2018 10:19 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 5/27/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
No problem. For full disclosure, I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I think they are both equally worthless.
Lol. I feel the exact same way. As other posters will attest to, I am undoubtedly a conservative, but I can't stand the Republican Party.
5/27/2018 10:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Answer me this, what gives the government the right to take that much of any individuals money?
5/27/2018 10:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...207|208|209|210|211...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.