TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

I can't in the business world because I'm not knowledgeable enough, but I'm pretty sure they exist and can be cited, BUT I do know of instances of luck affecting other things like political fortune, or celebrity/fame.

Ask Dan Quayle or Sarah Palin.
A heartbeat from the presidency???? Really??
5/21/2018 1:26 PM
I disagree. I feel that people put themselves in the right position to be successful. I use coaching for a lot of examples because it is easy for me. We have a senior that just graduated. He was a JuCo transfer. I went to his junior college game to recruit the kid that was pitching. I ended up signing the outfielder that I had never heard before that day. I guess you could say that it was by luck that I was at the game, but his work ethic is the reason that he got signed.
5/21/2018 1:31 PM
To say I don't believe in luck isn't the complete truth. I do feel that some people are in the right place at the right time, but other factors led them to that place, usually a strong work ethic.
5/21/2018 1:32 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2018 12:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/21/2018 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Mahomes = unproven at best.
Hill = Fast but inconsistent
Hunt = Great
Watkins = see Hill
Kelce = Very good and very injury prone.

Week 1: @ SD = LOSS
Week 2: @ Pitt = LOSS
Week 3: SF = Win
Week 4: @ Denver = LOSS
Week 5: JAX = LOSS
Week 6: @ NE = LOSS
Week 7: Cinci = Win
Week 8: Denver = Win
Week 9: @ Clev = Win
Week 10: AZ = Win
Week 11: @ Rams = LOSS
Week 12: Bye
Week 13: @ Raiders = LOSS
Week 14: BAL = Win
Week 15: SD = Win
Week 16: @ Seattle = LOSS
Week 17: Raiders = Win

I have you at 8-8 (best case). Feel free to disagree.
Mahomes = Everyone says he is gonna be great. In Reid we trust. The Chiefs love him. Brett Favre-like, they say. 1-0 in his career.
Hill = THE CHEETAH! He made big progress last year, Smith was just too inconsistent on the long throws. Mahomes has a much better and more electrifying arm.
Kelce = BEST TE IN THE LEAGUE!

Week 1: @ SD = W
Week 2: @ Pitt = L
Week 3: SF = W
Week 4: @ Denver = W
Week 5: JAX = L
Week 6: @ NE = L
Week 7: Cinci = W
Week 8: Denver = W
Week 9: @ Clev = W
Week 10: AZ = W
Week 11: @ Rams = L
Week 13: @ Raiders = W
Week 14: BAL = W
Week 15: SD = W
Week 16: @ Seattle = W
Week 17: Raiders = W

This is probably the best-case scenario. Very realistic. Chargers aint beating us. The haven't for maybe 5 years. Phillis (Cry me a) Rivers is awful vs the Chiefs. He's a choke artist.

Maybe they lose on the road to the Raiders, home VS SD, home VS BAL, or somewhere else but 10-6 or 9-7 is the floor for this team.

Denver beating them? Losing @ Seattle? Give me a break. Seattle is awful, and by week 16 their entire team will be injured. Denver is going 5-11.
The Raiders just might beat them twice this year...for sure at home and the Seattle team won't be anywhere near as bad as people think. This is one of the most unrealistic posts I've ever seen here and that's saying a lot.
5/21/2018 1:34 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/21/2018 1:03:00 PM (view original):
Can you give me an example of what you're referring to by luck?
Random chance. One person gets picked for something over another purely randomly.
5/21/2018 2:13 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/21/2018 1:31:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. I feel that people put themselves in the right position to be successful. I use coaching for a lot of examples because it is easy for me. We have a senior that just graduated. He was a JuCo transfer. I went to his junior college game to recruit the kid that was pitching. I ended up signing the outfielder that I had never heard before that day. I guess you could say that it was by luck that I was at the game, but his work ethic is the reason that he got signed.
It was luck that you just so happened to be there on the day the outfielder was playing well.
5/21/2018 2:14 PM
Definitely not random.
5/21/2018 2:14 PM
Yes, but he was signed because he had worked hard and developed a skill. It sounds to me that you think hard work is useless.
5/21/2018 2:15 PM
Posted by The Taint on 5/21/2018 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Hunt = Great
Watkins = see Hill

Mahomes = Everyone says he is gonna be great. In Reid we trust. The Chiefs love him. Brett Favre-like, they say. 1-0 in his career.
Hill = THE CHEETAH! He made big progress last year, Smith was just too inconsistent on the long throws. Mahomes has a much better and more electrifying arm.

This is probably the best-case scenario. Very realistic. Chargers aint beating us. The haven't for maybe 5 years. Phillis (Cry me a) Rivers is awful vs the Chiefs. He's a choke artist.

Maybe they lose on the road to the Raiders, home VS SD, home VS BAL, or somewhere else but 10-6 or 9-7 is the floor for this team.

Denver beating them? Losing @ Seattle? Give me a break. Seattle is awful, and by week 16 their entire team will be injured. Denver is going 5-11.
The Raiders just might beat them twice this year...for sure at home and the Seattle team won't be anywhere near as bad as people think. This is one of the most unrealistic posts I've ever seen here and that's saying a lot.
Homer!

Want to bet on that? The Raiders certainly won't beat the Chiefs at home. The Chiefs should have beaten them on the road last year and the Raiders regressed.

Seattle killed their defense, and they only have Wilson now. No O-Line. By Week 16 they will be knackered.
5/21/2018 2:16 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/21/2018 1:31:00 PM (view original):
It was luck that you just so happened to be there on the day the outfielder was playing well.
Yes, but there were 18 other guys on the field. He was chosen because he performed the best. Poor example. You still haven't shown me that luck plays a role.
5/21/2018 2:20 PM
I don't want to have this argument with you. I am not a philosopher and this is way off of topic.
5/21/2018 2:22 PM
It's not off topic. Here, let me show you. You said factors other than race play a role in success. I asked you what those factors were. The first factor that you listed was luck. Remember, you listed this ahead of hard work, which tells me that it came to your mind before hard work did. I asked for an example luck playing a factor. You gave me an example. I showed you that it was a poor example. You asked to change the subject and said that it was off topic. Hence, it is in fact not off topic.
5/21/2018 2:28 PM
And, in my opinion, this is relevant because it is hard to assist people in being successful if you don't know what factors lead to success.
5/21/2018 2:45 PM
Hunt = Great
Watkins = see Hill

You are at best splitting with your division foes. Don't be obtuse. Kelce is #2 behind Gronk.
5/21/2018 2:53 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2018 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/21/2018 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Hunt = Great
Watkins = see Hill

Homer!

Want to bet on that? The Raiders certainly won't beat the Chiefs at home. The Chiefs should have beaten them on the road last year and the Raiders regressed.

Seattle killed their defense, and they only have Wilson now. No O-Line. By Week 16 they will be knackered.
Winning in SEA for a rookie QB is a daunting task and again you're splitting with your division foes. They definitely are not bad.
5/21/2018 2:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...186|187|188|189|190...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.