TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 5/16/2018 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Bizarro world where acknowledging that racism exists makes you racist. LOL
Acknowledging racism is one thing, using it as an excuse is something totally different. Wouldn't expect someone like you to be able to comprehend that though.
BTW, when are you Rosie and half of California moving to Canada like you promised if Trump won? (which he had no chance of doing because he was double-digits behind in your precious polls)
5/17/2018 9:32 AM
I would pay for BL to move.
5/17/2018 10:06 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 10:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
So what exactly is wrong with me saying stop looking at stats and look at it on a case by case basis? Do tell.
Because that doesn't solve anything. It pretends that we live in a post-racial society and isn't practical. Stats are human beings. They aren't just a number. EVERY SINGLE INNOCENT BLACK PERSON WHO IS ARRESTED IS A ACTUAL INNOCENT AND GOOD HUMAN BEING.
Since you are an idiot, I will play devil's advocate:

What % of the population in your opinion is racist and why are these people racist? Let's attack the root of the issue in your deranged mind. Humor me.
There are around 70 KKK groups in the USA today each with thousands of people. There's a start.

Another issue is bias. We all have it. It's why we convict more innocent black people. You yourself stated that you would be more likely to convict a black man than a white man.
#1) OK so let's say there are 100k KKK members. And? Thats nothing out of 330mil people.
#2) I never said that. Find where I said that.
#3) OK we have bias.

Again I am playing devil's advocate. So what do you want to do about all this? What is your solution?
Ok so... We are on the right track. We agree that
a) We don't live in a post-racial society
b) We all have bias. Most white people's bias is anti-black.
c) Opportunity is not equal.
d) Discrimination is still a thing.

So how do we fix these injustices? We equalize opportunity. I have said that over and over. I laid out 9 things to do and you agreed with all but 1 of them.
5/17/2018 10:31 AM
Playing Devil's Advocate. The society is racist and prefers whites (how did BHO get elected 2x then?)

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
C) We would rather hire white males
D) We all discriminate

Now what. Tell me again how you force people not to be racist or biased? You want to force businesses to hire those they don't want to hire? Again I AM PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE AND DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THIS but I will humor you. So we are in the worst case scenario here. How do you fix this situation:

I am a CEO of a 300 person firm. I am a white male and only want to hire white males. How do you force me to hire others? I own the company 100% and I manufacture and distribute plumbing supplies nationwide.

GO!
5/17/2018 10:50 AM
BHO was half white. Plus he was obviously intelligent and articulate, probably even reads books now and again.
He was (obviously) a family man of integrity who most of the Country hoped would bring about a fairer playing field.

On many things he did well, on the level playing field thing..........not so much.

Now, (If I may answer your question, rather than Tangy)....You can't/don't FORCE the CEO thru law to hire non whites. That isn't the way real change is brought about. However, the CEO (in your example) is sure opening his company to the possibility of some "boycott" or other "action" by forces that object to his personal (and rather obvious) display of racism.

In the present era (since about 1970, say) that "action" (or something similar) would almost certainly occur and the result would be serious damage to the "company" and the firing of the CEO.
5/17/2018 12:19 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Playing Devil's Advocate. The society is racist and prefers whites (how did BHO get elected 2x then?)

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

Now what. Tell me again how you force people not to be racist or biased? You want to force businesses to hire those they don't want to hire? Again I AM PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE AND DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THIS but I will humor you. So we are in the worst case scenario here. How do you fix this situation:

I am a CEO of a 300 person firm. I am a white male and only want to hire white males. How do you force me to hire others? I own the company 100% and I manufacture and distribute plumbing supplies nationwide.

GO!
BHO would have gotten more votes if he were white IMO.

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

You cannot. You can limit the effects of bias and race. You don't force businesses to hire people.

It is illegal to discriminate based on race. That person would probably have told someone that he is only hiring by race, or we could do an investigation. You don't force him to hire otherwise, but discrimination is illegal.
5/17/2018 12:30 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 10:06:00 AM (view original):
I would pay for BL to move.
you do realize he could still post here no matter where he lives, right?
5/17/2018 12:35 PM
True but it would warm my heart to know that he moved out of the US.
5/17/2018 2:52 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/17/2018 12:30:00 PM (view original):

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

You cannot. You can limit the effects of bias and race. You don't force businesses to hire people.

It is illegal to discriminate based on race. That person would probably have told someone that he is only hiring by race, or we could do an investigation. You don't force him to hire otherwise, but discrimination is illegal.
You have not answered one question. So you complain a ton but you have zero solutions. That person is smart and tells no one he just makes the decisions that are best for his business in his view.
5/17/2018 2:53 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/17/2018 12:19:00 PM (view original):
BHO was half white. Plus he was obviously intelligent and articulate, probably even reads books now and again.
He was (obviously) a family man of integrity who most of the Country hoped would bring about a fairer playing field.

On many things he did well, on the level playing field thing..........not so much.

Now, (If I may answer your question, rather than Tangy)....You can't/don't FORCE the CEO thru law to hire non whites. That isn't the way real change is brought about. However, the CEO (in your example) is sure opening his company to the possibility of some "boycott" or other "action" by forces that object to his personal (and rather obvious) display of racism.

In the present era (since about 1970, say) that "action" (or something similar) would almost certainly occur and the result would be serious damage to the "company" and the firing of the CEO.
The CEO is the owner and cannot be fired in this hypothetical and his argument is that the best candidates are the white males and he keeps concise HR records. I'll even fudge it. 87% of the employees are white and 13% are black.

Now what do you do?
5/17/2018 2:54 PM

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

Or fewer votes ---- see HRC
5/17/2018 3:06 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 2:53:00 PM (view original):

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

You have not answered one question. So you complain a ton but you have zero solutions. That person is smart and tells no one he just makes the decisions that are best for his business in his view.
What? I have 9 solutions and I answered the question.

You don't do anything. If the public feels that that company is diacriminating then they can boycott.
5/17/2018 3:10 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/17/2018 3:06:00 PM (view original):

Anyway

A) We are all racists
B) We are all biased
D) We all discriminate

GO!

a) No, some are.
c) Some would.
d) Some will.

Or fewer votes ---- see HRC
What does HRC have to do with it?
5/17/2018 3:12 PM
everything is HRC's fault, unless it is Obama's fault. It surely is not Trump's fault.
5/17/2018 3:28 PM
It is Trump's fault that she received fewer votes and lost. My point is Obama got a lot of votes because he is black. Man tangplay is an idiot. Why should I have a solution when I don't see a problem? Answer that one, dumbass.

5/17/2018 4:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...170|171|172|173|174...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.