TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 2:46:00 PM (view original):
And stats show that the NBA is 75% black and the NFL is 70% black while the population is 13% black. So are the sports leagues discriminating against white people? No. Sometimes stats are misleading. I prefer to look at this on an individual case by case basis. Stats are only one piece of information.
Race is a factor in sports.
5/16/2018 5:31 PM
cccp, you keep bringing up the NFL and NBA saying they are mostly black. That is a very, very limited segment of society with a specific skill set that allows them to be professional athletes. If a white guy was as good as LeBron James there is no doubt in my mind he would have a job in the NBA. Let's be fair, if a white guy was as good as Javale McGee he would have a job in the NBA, if he wanted one.
5/16/2018 6:23 PM
I agree so you agree that stats are misleading. If a scientist from Siberia was studying just stats and never watched a game he would see that the US is 13% black yet the NBA is 75% black and NFL 70%. His conclusions would be that either the leagues are racist or blacks are better at basketball and football or both. Of course there are other factors. My point other than that tangplay is a lying idiot who can't read is that there other factors in why certain stats are what they are and these same stats may be misleading. This is all I am saying. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
5/16/2018 6:39 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 1:18:00 PM (view original):
I must be naive, because where I live people just get along. I still say that the majority of racists are in liberal areas. Think about where every "racist" story comes out of. It's always a liberal area. I know Tang says that is because it is where the media is at, but Tang is incorrec. Hell, CNN is here in Atlanta.
Unless you provide proof or evidence other than 'libs be racist', I will go with the logical answer which is that the more people and media are in a place, the more likely it is that these incidents are reported. There are more incidents in Atlanta than Albany.

Additionally, the more sensitive a populous is on this issue, the more it will be reported.

HYPOTHETICAL:
A boss in Atlanta is discriminating based on race. The story isn't reported because a lot of bosses in Georgia discriminate based on race.
A boss in NYC discriminates based on race. The story is reported because it is not normal for NYC.
Hypothetical: You get a clue.

I know its a stretch.
5/16/2018 6:40 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
So what exactly is wrong with me saying stop looking at stats and look at it on a case by case basis? Do tell.
Because that doesn't solve anything. It pretends that we live in a post-racial society and isn't practical. Stats are human beings. They aren't just a number. EVERY SINGLE INNOCENT BLACK PERSON WHO IS ARRESTED IS A ACTUAL INNOCENT AND GOOD HUMAN BEING.
Since you are an idiot, I will play devil's advocate:

What % of the population in your opinion is racist and why are these people racist? Let's attack the root of the issue in your deranged mind. Humor me.
5/16/2018 6:41 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/16/2018 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 11:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 9:22:00 AM (view original):
I'm going to speak for CCCP. It would be where you judge each individual based on their own accomplishments. Instead of saying that guy is poor because he is black, which whether you realize it or not is what you do, you start to look at his qualifications and achievements? Do he have a HS diploma? Does he have a college degree? Does he spend his money wisely? Was he the most qualified candidate for the job that he was turned down for? Race should never even be considered.
I agree that that should be the way it is, but it simply isn't in this world right now. And I am not saying that race is the only factor. So how do we get to your proposed world?
We will get that way when people like you quit judging people based on race and start judging accomplishments and failures based on merit.

You are right though. It will be a long time before the left stops lumping everyone person in a certain ethnicity, gender, etc into groups and starts judging each person individually. It's a shame.
??? No, Because we cannot live in an imaginary world where no one is racist
Some people are racist. Some blacks are racist, some whites are racist, some Asians are racist, some hispanics are racist. You get the point.

But, it is racist to say people fail because of their race, which is what you do everyday on here. Until you start judging each for person individually, you are just as racist as the people that you complain about.
Exactly. So not everyone believes that way. Stop trying to say that we live in a perfect world. We don't.

PEOPLE DON'T FAIL SOLELY BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE. RACE IS ONE OF MANY, MANY FACTORS.
Race is NOT a factor in failure. STOP being racist, Tang.

Factors of failure:

1. Poor choices
2. Lack of an education
3. Lack of ambition
You just said that discrimination exists.
It does, but it is not a factor in whether a person succeeds or not. We are not defined by our surroundings. This is why you Jews don't have the issues that other races do. They did not allow themselves to be defined by their circumstances.

You liberals have forced the other groups to be such victims and have held them back so far by living in the past that they haven't been able to overcome like Jews have.

It's pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself.
how can you say its not a factor? If a white guy gets a job over a black guy solely because he is white, that the black's guy's disadvantages do play a part in whether or not he succeeds. It is not the only factor, and it is not a factor all the time,but it can be a factor
That is a specific case that you mentioned in a generality and if a guy gets a job over a women because he is a guy then he has an advantage there too? Maybe the company prefers a guy? Its a free country and a private company why can't they hire who they please? If this same company keeps misfiring and not hiring the best candidates then the company will not maximize profits and karma prevails. I totally don't see your point here, wylie.
Two problems with this.

1. That's still a disadvantage. That person got turned down. That is a disadvantage.

2. THAT IS A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS! EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED FOR! AND YOU STILL SAID NO!

You said earlier that absolutely nothing would convince you of institutional racism and it certainly shows.
Moron. This case was man vs. woman. How is that an example of institutional racism? You are so dumb its hilarious.
5/16/2018 6:45 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 6:39:00 PM (view original):
I agree so you agree that stats are misleading. If a scientist from Siberia was studying just stats and never watched a game he would see that the US is 13% black yet the NBA is 75% black and NFL 70%. His conclusions would be that either the leagues are racist or blacks are better at basketball and football or both. Of course there are other factors. My point other than that tangplay is a lying idiot who can't read is that there other factors in why certain stats are what they are and these same stats may be misleading. This is all I am saying. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
of course stats can be misleading. You can play around with stats to make it look like whatever you want.
Here are the words to one of my favorite songs, by Todd Snider. Pretty much how I feel about stats.

Statistician Blues by Todd Snider

They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain
97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime
99 percent think we're 3 percent 100 percent of the time.

64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot
82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not
I don't know what you believe but I do know there's no doubt
I need another double shot of something 90 proof, I got too much to think about.

Too much to think about
Too much to figure out
Stuck between hope and doubt
It's too much to think about.

They say 92 percent of everything you learned in school was just bullshit you'll never need
84 percent of everything you got you bought to satisfy your greed
Because 90 percent of the world's population links possessions to success
Even though 80 percent of the wealthiest 1 percent of the population drinks to an alarming excess
More money, more stress.

It's too much to think about
Too much to figure out
It's too much to think about, pick it now.

84 percent of all statisticians truly hate their jobs
They say the average bank robber lives within say about 20 miles of the bank that he robs
There's this little bank not far from here I've been watching now a while
Lately all I can think about's how bad I wanna go out in style.

And it's too much to think about
It's too much to figure out
It's too much to think about, that's right
It's too much to think about, amen
It's too much to think about, mm-mm.
5/16/2018 6:49 PM
Ha ha
5/16/2018 8:02 PM
Sing it Wylie............ one of the great all time songs from one of our great American poet/storyteller.
5/16/2018 8:02 PM
Amazing how much better the Rockets look not playing ISOball all the time.
5/16/2018 9:53 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 6:39:00 PM (view original):
That statistician would (rightly) conclude that race was a factor.
5/16/2018 10:06 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 6:41:00 PM (view original):
So what exactly is wrong with me saying stop looking at stats and look at it on a case by case basis? Do tell.
Because that doesn't solve anything. It pretends that we live in a post-racial society and isn't practical. Stats are human beings. They aren't just a number. EVERY SINGLE INNOCENT BLACK PERSON WHO IS ARRESTED IS A ACTUAL INNOCENT AND GOOD HUMAN BEING.

What % of the population in your opinion is racist and why are these people racist? Let's attack the root of the issue in your deranged mind. Humor me.
There are around 70 KKK groups in the USA today each with thousands of people. There's a start.

Another issue is bias. We all have it. It's why we convict more innocent black people. You yourself stated that you would be more likely to convict a black man than a white man.
5/16/2018 10:09 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/16/2018 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 11:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 9:22:00 AM (view original):
I'm going to speak for CCCP. It would be where you judge each individual based on their own accomplishments. Instead of saying that guy is poor because he is black, which whether you realize it or not is what you do, you start to look at his qualifications and achievements? Do he have a HS diploma? Does he have a college degree? Does he spend his money wisely? Was he the most qualified candidate for the job that he was turned down for? Race should never even be considered.
I agree that that should be the way it is, but it simply isn't in this world right now. And I am not saying that race is the only factor. So how do we get to your proposed world?
We will get that way when people like you quit judging people based on race and start judging accomplishments and failures based on merit.

You are right though. It will be a long time before the left stops lumping everyone person in a certain ethnicity, gender, etc into groups and starts judging each person individually. It's a shame.
??? No, Because we cannot live in an imaginary world where no one is racist
Some people are racist. Some blacks are racist, some whites are racist, some Asians are racist, some hispanics are racist. You get the point.

But, it is racist to say people fail because of their race, which is what you do everyday on here. Until you start judging each for person individually, you are just as racist as the people that you complain about.
Exactly. So not everyone believes that way. Stop trying to say that we live in a perfect world. We don't.

PEOPLE DON'T FAIL SOLELY BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE. RACE IS ONE OF MANY, MANY FACTORS.
Race is NOT a factor in failure. STOP being racist, Tang.

Factors of failure:

1. Poor choices
2. Lack of an education
3. Lack of ambition
You just said that discrimination exists.
It does, but it is not a factor in whether a person succeeds or not. We are not defined by our surroundings. This is why you Jews don't have the issues that other races do. They did not allow themselves to be defined by their circumstances.

You liberals have forced the other groups to be such victims and have held them back so far by living in the past that they haven't been able to overcome like Jews have.

It's pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself.
how can you say its not a factor? If a white guy gets a job over a black guy solely because he is white, that the black's guy's disadvantages do play a part in whether or not he succeeds. It is not the only factor, and it is not a factor all the time,but it can be a factor
That is a specific case that you mentioned in a generality and if a guy gets a job over a women because he is a guy then he has an advantage there too? Maybe the company prefers a guy? Its a free country and a private company why can't they hire who they please? If this same company keeps misfiring and not hiring the best candidates then the company will not maximize profits and karma prevails. I totally don't see your point here, wylie.
Two problems with this.

1. That's still a disadvantage. That person got turned down. That is a disadvantage.

2. THAT IS A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS! EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED FOR! AND YOU STILL SAID NO!

You said earlier that absolutely nothing would convince you of institutional racism and it certainly shows.
Moron. This case was man vs. woman. How is that an example of institutional racism? You are so dumb its hilarious.
I was talking about wylie's example.

But there is institutional sexism in this country as well, albeit to a lesser extent.
5/16/2018 10:10 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 10:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 6:41:00 PM (view original):

There are around 70 KKK groups in the USA today each with thousands of people. There's a start.

Another issue is bias. We all have it. It's why we convict more innocent black people. You yourself stated that you would be more likely to convict a black man than a white man.
#1) OK so let's say there are 100k KKK members. And? Thats nothing out of 330mil people.
#2) I never said that. Find where I said that.
#3) OK we have bias.

Again I am playing devil's advocate. So what do you want to do about all this? What is your solution?
5/17/2018 8:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...169|170|171|172|173...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.