TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

What would taking things individually look like?
5/16/2018 9:00 AM
I'm going to speak for CCCP. It would be where you judge each individual based on their own accomplishments. Instead of saying that guy is poor because he is black, which whether you realize it or not is what you do, you start to look at his qualifications and achievements? Do he have a HS diploma? Does he have a college degree? Does he spend his money wisely? Was he the most qualified candidate for the job that he was turned down for? Race should never even be considered.
5/16/2018 9:22 AM
What do you think it would look like? Answer your own question.

You work with the poor. Give me a specific example of why that person is poor and lets discuss and dissect that case. If you take each case on its own merit I think even you will see that it has nothing to do with race most of the time. And another point is that the Holocaust still does impact me. My family lost all their wealth and I lost multiple future cousins/relatives. My parents had to move and learn a new language and culture. I did not get any help from generational wealth. Is that institutional racism or just life?

5/16/2018 9:23 AM
I think it's quite offensive that people on here keep dismissing the impact that incidents such as the holocaust had on Jews.
5/16/2018 9:27 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 9:22:00 AM (view original):
I'm going to speak for CCCP. It would be where you judge each individual based on their own accomplishments. Instead of saying that guy is poor because he is black, which whether you realize it or not is what you do, you start to look at his qualifications and achievements? Do he have a HS diploma? Does he have a college degree? Does he spend his money wisely? Was he the most qualified candidate for the job that he was turned down for? Race should never even be considered.
This
5/16/2018 10:09 AM
I agree that that should be the way it is, but it simply isn't in this world right now. And I am not saying that race is the only factor. So how do we get to your proposed world?
5/16/2018 10:20 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 9:27:00 AM (view original):
I think it's quite offensive that people on here keep dismissing the impact that incidents such as the holocaust had on Jews.
You do the exact same for events that affect black people.
5/16/2018 10:21 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 10:20:00 AM (view original):
I agree that that should be the way it is, but it simply isn't in this world right now. And I am not saying that race is the only factor. So how do we get to your proposed world?
We will get that way when people like you quit judging people based on race and start judging accomplishments and failures based on merit.

You are right though. It will be a long time before the left stops lumping everyone person in a certain ethnicity, gender, etc into groups and starts judging each person individually. It's a shame.
5/16/2018 10:35 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Not at all. I understand that the country was racist at one time and that those events were tragic. Black people have opportunities now. They now have the same freedoms as every other race now. Time to stop living in the past.
5/16/2018 10:38 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
We will get that way when people like you quit judging people based on race and start judging accomplishments and failures based on merit.

You are right though. It will be a long time before the left stops lumping everyone person in a certain ethnicity, gender, etc into groups and starts judging each person individually. It's a shame.
??? No, Because we cannot live in an imaginary world where no one is racist
5/16/2018 11:03 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 10:38:00 AM (view original):
Not at all. I understand that the country was racist at one time and that those events were tragic. Black people have opportunities now. They now have the same freedoms as every other race now. Time to stop living in the past.
Right, so just like Jews, but worse.
5/16/2018 11:05 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):

??? No, Because we cannot live in an imaginary world where no one is racist
Some people are racist. Some blacks are racist, some whites are racist, some Asians are racist, some hispanics are racist. You get the point.

But, it is racist to say people fail because of their race, which is what you do everyday on here. Until you start judging each for person individually, you are just as racist as the people that you complain about.
5/16/2018 11:19 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2018 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/16/2018 10:38:00 AM (view original):
Right, so just like Jews, but worse.
This is the dumbest post you have ever made. Jews had it WAY worse than blacks. Mass genocide vs slavery. Mass genocide is way worse.

This might be the most heartless post you have ever made. 6M Jews died during this horrific event. What you just said is that being forced to serve someone in bad conditions (many of which were actually treated well) is worse than being tortured, mutilated, and killed in prison camps.
5/16/2018 11:26 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/16/2018 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/15/2018 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/15/2018 7:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/15/2018 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/15/2018 12:42:00 AM (view original):
cccp said "#1) You know zippo about finance so your opinion is irrelevant."

well, dude, you know nothing about being black so your opinion on what its like to be black is irrelevant.
I have never had an opinion what it is like to be black. I actually said I have never walked in their shoes so I cannot opine. Do you only read posts to criticize me? What I did say was that my parents came here with nothing and did not speak the language and still made a life for themselves. No excuses. I also said that I have been discriminated against because of my cultural heritage of being a Jew. I never let any of that stand in my way.

I NEVER once opined on being black. I actually said everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, color or gender.

What the hell is wrong with you, wylie?
nothing is wrong with me. I think you have said that blacks do not face any disadvantages compared to white people. How the hell would you know, never having been black?
You know...his 2 black friends that tell him so.
F U Taint. I now see why the universe did not allow you to reproduce. You are an A Hole. What I said was to take every case on its own merit and not broad brush everything. In reality I told Tangidiot that he is not preaching white privilege but instead is preaching black disadvantage and that he has no idea what he is talking about.
and you do? You have no more experience being black than tangplay does. Why is your view any more realistic than his?
5/16/2018 11:59 AM
You're right. Every person and every situation should be judged on his or its own merits or lack thereof. Personally, I have never said someone is poor due to his or her race, but there are disadvantages to being a minority, whether its Black, Hispanic, Jewish or gay. You can say that's not true, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't understand how anyone with a brain can not see that.
5/16/2018 12:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...164|165|166|167|168...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.