TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Posted by tangplay on 5/14/2018 12:39:00 AM (view original):
I would bet you that the first part of that isn't true.
he said self made millionaire, so he's not counting all the people who inherited their money.
5/15/2018 12:30 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/14/2018 8:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/13/2018 11:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/13/2018 8:15:00 AM (view original):
Keep punishing the ones who have worked hard and taken risks so that they can provide for those who haven't worked as hard and taken as many risks. Great idea, Tang.
what makes you think poor people don't work as hard as rich people?? Sure, some poor people don't work hard, if at all, just like some rich people work very hard but some don't work at all either.
Fighting stats is stupid. You need to take one case at a time. It is not necessarily work harder but work smarter or being more opportunistic. Wealth many times builds on wealth. If you come from wealth you may have an advantage over someone who does not but not always. Each case needs to be reviewed individually.
right, and strikeout is not doing that by saying rich people work harder than poor people. Some do, some don't. Some poop people work their ***** off, some don't.
5/15/2018 12:32 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/14/2018 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/14/2018 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/14/2018 8:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/13/2018 11:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/13/2018 8:15:00 AM (view original):
Keep punishing the ones who have worked hard and taken risks so that they can provide for those who haven't worked as hard and taken as many risks. Great idea, Tang.
what makes you think poor people don't work as hard as rich people?? Sure, some poor people don't work hard, if at all, just like some rich people work very hard but some don't work at all either.
Fighting stats is stupid. You need to take one case at a time. It is not necessarily work harder but work smarter or being more opportunistic. Wealth many times builds on wealth. If you come from wealth you may have an advantage over someone who does not but not always. Each case needs to be reviewed individually.
What would that look like in practice?

Also, DUH poor people are less opportunistic... It's tough to make investments when you may not be able to feed your kids.
Idiot. Don't have kids if you cannot afford them. Seems pretty logical.

I know logic is not your strong suit.
it would be nice if no one had kids if they couldn't afford them. It would also be nice if no single people had kids, but those two things will never happen. Also, some of those single parents weren't single when they had the kids and did not plan on being single in the future. **** happens.
5/15/2018 12:34 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/14/2018 12:41:00 PM (view original):
You are wrong, Tang. Social Security is a terrible thing. If people reinvested the money that is withheld for SS in a mutual fund or something similar, the returns would be much greater than what they get back from SS.

What is wrong with cutting social welfare by 30%? As I've said, if you are healthy, you should not be receiving aid from the government.

as you've pointed out, not everyone has a knack for handling money. How many people would have no money now if not for SS? My mom worked her butt off until she was in her late 70s. My dad worked until he died in his early 70s. Neither of them had any idea how to handle money and that's why my Mom lives on her SS now. If that money they put in to SS was never taken away for SS, she would have nothing to live on now. Both my Mom and my Dad were extremely smart people (my Mom still is....for 89), they just had no knowledge about growing their money.
5/15/2018 12:39 AM
cccp said "#1) You know zippo about finance so your opinion is irrelevant."

well, dude, you know nothing about being black so your opinion on what its like to be black is irrelevant.
5/15/2018 12:42 AM
BAZINGA
5/15/2018 1:13 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/15/2018 12:30:00 AM (view original):
he said self made millionaire, so he's not counting all the people who inherited their money.
Exactly, and I was speaking generically. Obviously, some poor people outwork most millionaires, but I was talking about as rule. I wasn't including exceptions.
5/15/2018 3:09 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/15/2018 12:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/14/2018 12:41:00 PM (view original):
You are wrong, Tang. Social Security is a terrible thing. If people reinvested the money that is withheld for SS in a mutual fund or something similar, the returns would be much greater than what they get back from SS.

What is wrong with cutting social welfare by 30%? As I've said, if you are healthy, you should not be receiving aid from the government.

as you've pointed out, not everyone has a knack for handling money. How many people would have no money now if not for SS? My mom worked her butt off until she was in her late 70s. My dad worked until he died in his early 70s. Neither of them had any idea how to handle money and that's why my Mom lives on her SS now. If that money they put in to SS was never taken away for SS, she would have nothing to live on now. Both my Mom and my Dad were extremely smart people (my Mom still is....for 89), they just had no knowledge about growing their money.
I agree. My parents make a very good salary and are in the same boat. My mother is a retired geneticist from a very prestigious university, brilliant woman, and she doesn't understand how to plan for retirement. My point is that the math doesn't work for SS. I would much rather keep that money and invest as I see fit. For people that are good with financial planning, it would make much more sense to not have SS withheld.

Yes, I know, SS would be bankrupt if it were optional, but once again, it proves that it is not a good plan. It might have been in its creation, but it doesn't make sense anymore for the national economy. People are living longer and it has been borrowed from too many times. I do not have a suggestion for a better plan, but i'm positive that one exists.
5/15/2018 3:15 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/15/2018 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Even then... It is hard to earn the money sure but the way I interpreted it was AFTER you earn your millions... Life becomes pretty simple then.
5/15/2018 8:52 AM
People are living longer and it has been borrowed from too many times.

Finally somebody hitting on the root of the problem. The system isn't broken, just the people running the system. Make borrowing and otherwise not meeting financial obligations illegal/impossible. Same sheit happened with the PA Pension Funds: everyone thinks the system s*cks and needs replaced, when in fact the only problem with the system is that the PA Government didn't contribute it's share for like 8 years in a row back when investment growth was good. Every politician wants to spend the $ now, to make themselves look good, and doesn't give a damn about what happens in the future.
5/15/2018 8:55 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/15/2018 12:42:00 AM (view original):

well, dude, you know nothing about being black so your opinion on what its like to be black is irrelevant.
I have never had an opinion what it is like to be black. I actually said I have never walked in their shoes so I cannot opine. Do you only read posts to criticize me? What I did say was that my parents came here with nothing and did not speak the language and still made a life for themselves. No excuses. I also said that I have been discriminated against because of my cultural heritage of being a Jew. I never let any of that stand in my way.

I NEVER once opined on being black. I actually said everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, color or gender.

What the hell is wrong with you, wylie?
Nope, those people continue to work just as hard. Do you not know any millionaires?
Posted by laramiebob on 5/14/2018 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/14/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):
#1) I didn't say privatize, I just said people should retire later. When it was established the average life span was much shorter than it is now. Keep the same but allow people to work longer.

#3) Agreed

I expect the media to at least report fairly. Look at Jerusalem right now. 99% of the new is about the poor Palestinians and evil Israel.
Aren't we allowed NOW to keep working and not retire? You are sure correct about the average life span and speaking just for this one old dog I don't feel close to dead yet..........besides I subscribe to the Billy Joe Shaver logic that "you're as young as the woman you feel"........
When social security was established the average life span was 62 and SS started at 65. Seemed reasonable.

Now the average life span/expectancy is 79 for males and 81 for females. This is due to better nutritional data and improved medicine. Hence I say raise the retirement age to 72.
5/15/2018 8:57 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/15/2018 12:42:00 AM (view original):

Honestly, Jews can probably relate to blacks more than any other culture.
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/15/2018 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Nope, those people continue to work just as hard. Do you not know any millionaires?
They actually work harder. I know 100s.

◂ Prev 1...160|161|162|163|164...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.