TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

You are blocking the author of this post, moy23.

Show

Show

Show

Show
5/10/2018 3:41 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/10/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Maybe more white boys had 2-parent homes to be remanded to.
Maybe more white boys showed more remorse.
Maybe more white boys had better lawyers.
Maybe the Judges in Florida are racist - they are the individual people doing the sentencing, not the public (which is who you're trying to prove racist).
Maybe those Judges have a better incite to the problem than we do - do you know their racial make-up? (Maybe it's black Judges sentencing black boys.)

b_l has proven thousands of times, that he is incredibly stupid. No questioning that by anyone.
Maybe more white boys had 2-parent homes to be remanded to. - They did, but that's irrelevant.
Maybe more white boys showed more remorse. - Doubtful.
Maybe more white boys had better lawyers. - Yeah, because they would be richer.
Maybe the Judges in Florida are racist - they are the individual people doing the sentencing, not the public (which is who you're trying to prove racist). - Duh.
Maybe those Judges have a better incite to the problem than we do - do you know their racial make-up? (Maybe it's black Judges sentencing black boys.) - Why does it matter?
If kids can be remanded to two parents instead of 1, that is NOT irrelevant.
You don't know, shouldn't make assumptions, and definitely shouldn't argue based on those assumptions..
Richer because they had 2 parents?
Why blame society for Judges' racism?
If black Judges are sentencing black kids different, how can you scream racism? It DOES matter.
5/10/2018 3:54 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/10/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/10/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Maybe more white boys had 2-parent homes to be remanded to.
Maybe more white boys showed more remorse.
Maybe more white boys had better lawyers.
Maybe the Judges in Florida are racist - they are the individual people doing the sentencing, not the public (which is who you're trying to prove racist).
Maybe those Judges have a better incite to the problem than we do - do you know their racial make-up? (Maybe it's black Judges sentencing black boys.)

b_l has proven thousands of times, that he is incredibly stupid. No questioning that by anyone.
Maybe more white boys had 2-parent homes to be remanded to. - They did, but that's irrelevant.
Maybe more white boys showed more remorse. - Doubtful.
Maybe more white boys had better lawyers. - Yeah, because they would be richer.
Maybe the Judges in Florida are racist - they are the individual people doing the sentencing, not the public (which is who you're trying to prove racist). - Duh.
Maybe those Judges have a better incite to the problem than we do - do you know their racial make-up? (Maybe it's black Judges sentencing black boys.) - Why does it matter?
If kids can be remanded to two parents instead of 1, that is NOT irrelevant.
You don't know, shouldn't make assumptions, and definitely shouldn't argue based on those assumptions..
Richer because they had 2 parents?
Why blame society for Judges' racism?
If black Judges are sentencing black kids different, how can you scream racism? It DOES matter.
1. Yeah, it is, unless you prove that that had an effect on the sentencing.

2. Sure. So this goes out the window until proof is given.

3. Partially.

4. Because judges are produced by society. Also we are focused on whether discrimination is a thing, so, irrelevent.

5. We are talking about discrimination.
5/10/2018 4:30 PM

Show

Show

Show

Show
5/10/2018 4:49 PM
tangplay only "talks" never listens. He is obtuse. Waste of time.
5/10/2018 5:47 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 5:47:00 PM (view original):
tangplay only "talks" never listens. He is obtuse. Waste of time.
After reading the garbage he posted today about the USA-USSR relationship and other things, I'm afraid I need to agree. It's blocked city for him so I can avoid the frustration of reading such lunacy from someone who repeatedly claims to be so smart.
5/10/2018 8:09 PM
Nah, I am a dumbass.
5/10/2018 11:21 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 12:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 12:02:00 PM (view original):
I think it is pointless to fight against stats. I will gladly look at each case and fight against racism but to just fight stats is silly. As I have said the NBA is 75% black. It is not racist but looking at just stats one would think so. I wish the Left would just look at each case individually and not always label.
The NBA being 75% black is an outcome. Black people getting convicted more is opportunity.
What? Both are outcomes.
Getting to the NBA: Outcome.
Getting to the middle class (prevented by being arrested): Outcome.
Not getting arrested: Opportunity.
I don't follow whatsoever. So if you are a law abiding citizen that equals opportunity?
No, innocent, law abiding black people are arrested at a far higher rate than any other race.
Again I am not fighting statistics. Show me real examples.

In 2017, police killed 1,129 people. Officers were only charged with a crime in 1 percent of cases. And of the 1,129 people officers killed, 27 percent were Black — despite Blacks being just 13 percent of the population.

These are some of the statistics from Mapping Police Violence, which released its 2017 Police Violence Report at the end of December.

In the majority of the incidents — 631 — officers were responding to non-violent offenses or when no crime had been reported at all. Eighty-seven people killed had been stopped for a traffic violation.

Additionally, the data reveals:

• Most of the unarmed people killed were people of color (48 were Black, 34 were Hispanic, 2 were Native American and 2 were Pacific Islander — 50 were white, and 11 were unknown).

• Of those unarmed when they were killed, 35 percent were Black, and of those unarmed and not attacking, 37 percent were Black — despite only constituting 13 percent of the population.

Race may be the deciding factor in whether you’re deemed innocent in a court of law.

That’s the takeaway from a study for the National Registry of Exonerations, published on Tuesday. Researchers Samuel Gross, Maurice Possley, and Klara Stephens analyzed years of exoneration data, looking at how race may influence whether someone is wrongfully convicted — and later cleared — of a crime they didn’t commit.

“African Americans are only 13% of the American population but a majority of innocent defendants wrongfully convicted of crimes and later exonerated,” the researchers write. “They constitute 47% of the 1,900 exonerations listed in the National Registry of Exonerations (as of October 2016), and the great majority of more than 1,800 additional innocent defendants who were framed and convicted of crimes in 15 large-scale police scandals and later cleared in ‘group exonerations.’”

All Marvin Anderson ever wanted to be was a firefighter. Instead, at 18 years old, he was wrongfully convicted of rape, sodomy, abduction and robbery.

When a Virginia judge sentenced him to 210 years in prison, "My whole body went numb," Anderson told CNN. "I knew I was going to prison for something I didn't do."
It took 15 years behind bars and five years on parole before Anderson was exonerated for his crimes -- the result of DNA testing.

"I trusted in the justice system and it failed me," he said.
Anderson is just one of hundreds of black men who have been convicted of and exonerated for crimes they didn't commit. A new report from the National Registry of Exonerations, a joint project between the University of California, Irvine; University of Michigan Law School and Michigan State University College of Law, shows that black people are more likely to be wrongfully convicted than white people and are also likely to spend longer in prison before being exonerated for their crimes.
While black people represent 13% of the US population, they represent a whopping 47% of the 1,900 exonerations in the registry.

5/11/2018 12:01 AM
Mistakes happen and again while 13% of the pop they commit more crimes (lack of two parent household). The VA case is unfortunate and the people who wrongfully convicted him need to be punished to the full extent of the law. That is abominable. OJ walked free. OJ is African American. OJ is also rich. The justice system is color blind unless the color is green.

5/11/2018 8:54 AM
There is no hope for you..
5/11/2018 9:03 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/11/2018 9:03:00 AM (view original):
There is no hope for you..
Stop talking to yourself.
5/11/2018 9:42 AM
You keep flipping your opinions.
5/11/2018 10:24 AM
No, I always maintained that you are a clueless liar.
5/11/2018 10:39 AM
That is one opinion you have maintained. Talking about institutional racism tho.
5/11/2018 10:40 AM
I have told you 1,000x it is based on wealth.

Doesn't mean there aren't racists that will call LeBron James some awful names but that is a small minority. There are no institutions that overtly practice racism. The justice system is flawed but it is flawed toward the wealthy. It needs to be revamped for certain.

While there is the generational wealth issue the alternative would be for these persons to live in Africa. No thanks.

Stop your meandering.
5/11/2018 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...153|154|155|156|157...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.