TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Do you really think all can succeed? Come on. How can you say they were not? Have you read a history book?
5/10/2018 11:13 AM
Everyone can succeed.
5/10/2018 11:20 AM
I can't do this tangplay. If you choose to be an ignorant person we have nothing more to discuss.

5/10/2018 11:21 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/9/2018 6:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/9/2018 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Are you not going to answer me again? You are such a child.

So you're saying there is black disadvantage not white privilege?
It's a non-sequitur. I don't have an answer as to why Asians are so successful. I definitely wouldn't argue that whites are disadvantaged, even compared directly to Asians, based on the overall success of whites.

Are you going to address this:

The Sarasota Herald Tribune investigated sentencing in Florida and found:

African-American defendants get more time behind bars — sometimes twice the prison terms of whites with identical criminal histories — when they commit the same crimes under identical circumstances. It also shows how bias on the part of individual judges and prosecutors drives sentencing inequity.

This is from joint research by the University of South Carolina and Michigan State:

Although there were negligible differences among the racial groups in how frequently boys committed crimes, white boys were less likely to spend time in a facility than black and Hispanic boys

Boris?
5/10/2018 11:22 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 11:21:00 AM (view original):
I can't do this tangplay. If you choose to be an ignorant person we have nothing more to discuss.

We aleady went over this. Everyone has opportunity. Unless you think that opportunity doesn't exist?
5/10/2018 11:23 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/10/2018 11:22:00 AM (view original):

It's a non-sequitur. I don't have an answer as to why Asians are so successful. I definitely wouldn't argue that whites are disadvantaged, even compared directly to Asians, based on the overall success of whites.

African-American defendants get more time behind bars — sometimes twice the prison terms of whites with identical criminal histories — when they commit the same crimes under identical circumstances. It also shows how bias on the part of individual judges and prosecutors drives sentencing inequity.

This is from joint research by the University of South Carolina and Michigan State:

Although there were negligible differences among the racial groups in how frequently boys committed crimes, white boys were less likely to spend time in a facility than black and Hispanic boys

Boris?
Yes?
5/10/2018 11:35 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 11:23:00 AM (view original):

We aleady went over this. Everyone has opportunity. Unless you think that opportunity doesn't exist?
Yes but not everyone will succeed and if you think a 2% failure rate is too high we have nothing more to discuss.
5/10/2018 11:35 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/10/2018 9:40:00 AM (view original):
It could easily be argued that the people being questioned by the Authorities in these incidents are the ones who are racist. In today's society, how many times each and every day do you think events like this happen . . . to people of all ethnic backgrounds? Why did these few people automatically believe it was their race that had them being questioned instead of their actions? Why did they start screaming "RACISM" instead of just explaining and moving -on with their lives like all the others?
Right. The people who say that slavery is racist are the racist ones, because it wasn't actually about race.
Yeah, because being detained for a few minutes while answering a few questions is exactly like being a slave.

I'm really rethinking my comment about you just being naive and not dumb.
5/10/2018 11:36 AM
No no he is definitely dumb. He stated that the US and USSR were not allies in WWII.
5/10/2018 11:37 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/10/2018 11:22:00 AM (view original):

Boris?
Yes?
Are you going to ignore the sentencing discrepancies?

5/10/2018 11:43 AM
Oh my bad. I don't want to argue stats, I welcome seeing each case on a standalone basis and seeing why the judges did what they did. Maybe the white boys crimes were not as violent or maybe they were first time offenders? Not every crime is "identical".

BTW - I agree that our justice system needs an overhaul. I also stated that some of the dumbest kids in my class in HS are now police officers. We need higher standards. But you will also agree that many minority police officers treat other minorities very badly. I don't know why that is because I am neither a minority nor an officer of the law.

My point is that if you are a law abiding citizen there is no disadvantage to you because you are black. If you are not you get embroiled in the chaotic criminal justice system. Men also get screwed in the system. And in divorce court. I doubt the courts are sexist. They just need to be revamped.

5/10/2018 11:53 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think it is pointless to fight against stats. I will gladly look at each case and fight against racism but to just fight stats is silly. As I have said the NBA is 75% black. It is not racist but looking at just stats one would think so. I wish the Left would just look at each case individually and not always label.
5/10/2018 12:02 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 5/10/2018 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 11:23:00 AM (view original):

Yes but not everyone will succeed and if you think a 2% failure rate is too high we have nothing more to discuss.
2% isn't too high. over 60% is.
5/10/2018 12:09 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/10/2018 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/10/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/10/2018 9:40:00 AM (view original):
It could easily be argued that the people being questioned by the Authorities in these incidents are the ones who are racist. In today's society, how many times each and every day do you think events like this happen . . . to people of all ethnic backgrounds? Why did these few people automatically believe it was their race that had them being questioned instead of their actions? Why did they start screaming "RACISM" instead of just explaining and moving -on with their lives like all the others?
Right. The people who say that slavery is racist are the racist ones, because it wasn't actually about race.
Yeah, because being detained for a few minutes while answering a few questions is exactly like being a slave.

I'm really rethinking my comment about you just being naive and not dumb.
I was mostly joking.

No, your point is valid. I wouldn't jump to say that the people are racist, but those individual incidents are the least convincing arguments of racism to me.
5/10/2018 12:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...150|151|152|153|154...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.