ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

1) not much is going to happen while I'm going to hire a team of make things better here - gimme a few months
7 months pass
2) nothing has happened and I'm sorry but dont worry, I'm going to bring on one dude and that will make things better

this is exactly this guy
3/21/2018 6:33 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 3/21/2018 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Milest appears to be sensitive in regards to poor evaluations of his team.
My team doesn't have a poor evaluation- but I myself don't think it is very good- so.. I'd say you'e wrong...
The issue isn't that evaluators are ranking my team poorly--- it has happened nearly ever season of the ODL & DH52- & I've made the playoffs 16 of 18 season in the 2 leagues and have had several 1st round byes.. anyway--- I just like pointing out when ppl are wrong,.when they act like they know everything. Copernicus ******* and moans more than anyone I've ever seen, and u guys kiss his butt... it's funny how y'll can't stand me for just pointing out when ppl are wrong.
3/21/2018 7:38 PM (edited)
Posted by robusk on 3/21/2018 5:58:00 PM (view original):
What on earth would give you that idea?
Dude- 1 last time... You've claimed you "nailed" the evals in these forums 3 or 4 times... Why don't I have the right to call BS on that? The definition of 'nailed it' is "to do something perfectly or accurately"-- you predicted the eventual champ to miss the playoffs, and regardless of what u say, u missed on my team... I don't care that u missed on my team. I do not give a ****. I'm calling u out for bragging about being perfect when u were not perfect. That's it. That's all. Get it in your head.
3/21/2018 7:01 PM
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 6:53:00 PM (view original):
My team doesn't have a poor evaluation- but I myself don't think it is very good- so.. I'd say you'e wrong...
The issue isn't that evaluators are ranking my team poorly--- it has happened nearly ever season of the ODL & DH52- & I've made the playoffs 16 of 18 in the 2 leagues and have had several 1st round byes.. anyway--- I just like pointing out when ppl are wrong- when they act like they know everything. Copernicus ******* and moans more than anyone I've ever seen, and u guys kiss his butt... it's funny how y'll can't stand me for just pointing out when ppl are wrong.
I mean, just a bit of personal advice, two things really hurt your cause:
1) Overwhelming sensitivity.
2) Your posts and SMs read as if they were text messages from a 12 year old.

I am not sure about your life outside of WiS, but I can't imagine either of these things serve you very well in it.

I don't like to get personal in these things. I mostly just post and reference numbers/metrics, occasionally ***** about trades and keep it moving. But you might be finally breaking me.

I think other people get away with it because they are funny, treat it like a game, or offer valuable insight. You are struggling to provide any of those things.
3/21/2018 7:10 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/21/2018 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jkaye24 on 3/21/2018 6:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 12:37:00 AM (view original):
He drafted Mason for the frontcourt ast% needed when drafting Klay at SG. He's 96% at SF, so I assume he'll be at PF since Worm will play SF...
I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with the pick, but I understand it.
Yes, Mason ties the whole thing together with assists and for 39 minutes to boot. Brings the starters to about 65%. Low fouls and good D didn’t hurt the cause.

Alternative was to get more dimes from PG, and there are some options for that but with a major scoring and defense sacrifice. But I totally get the issues with Mason at the 4.
Mason wasn't a bad selection for you. He's also a low TO guy, and gets to the line a decent amount of times for his usage and hits at a decent rate. I think he's kind of underrated, tbh-- it depends on the team around him- but I don't think your selection warranted the ridicule from the peanut gallery. Don't worry- Every time my team gets **** on in the evals and forums, including from King Ash, i usually make the conference finals at least...
You got a problem with me?

I don't consider responding to someone and agreeing with what they said was ridicule:
Posted by jkaye24 on 3/20/2018 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Probably put together the worst 4 rebounders in the league around Rodman: Cheeks, Klay, Mase and Zo. Elite defense, enough assists, solid eFG, need 3s off the bench. Not sure if this works. Man, the ODL is hard.

Mason is the worst part of that, unless you're planning on using Worm as a 4. I really like the squad otherwise (well, I hate Cheeks, too, but he's acceptable)

Well, u conveniently left out 'being on the same wavelength as copernicus'- but ok.. and no. No problem. I'm telling JK that my team has been evaluated as sucking many times, and I ended up doing pretty well.. even if the poor eval was by you, who knows everything about the SIM, I still did well... It looked like, even if u say not, that u and copernicus hated the Mason pick and didnt understand it.. u guys have that right... I stated that I do understand it and don't think it was as bad as copernicus made it seem to be, and that u were 'on the same wavelength' as--- but... I get **** on again for just saying what I think... it's ok tho.
3/21/2018 7:45 PM (edited)
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 7:03:00 PM (view original):
Dude- 1 last time... You've claimed you "nailed" the evals in these forums 3 or 4 times... Why don't I have the right to call BS on that? The definition of 'nailed it' is "to do something perfectly or accurately"-- you predicted the eventual champ to miss the playoffs, and regardless of what u say, u missed on my team... I don't care that u missed on my team. I do not give a ****. I'm calling u out for bragging about being perfect when u were not perfect. That's it. That's all. Get it in your head.
LOL. Never claimed to be perfect, I generally claim to be pretty flawed. Anyone who has played in a progressive with me knows my glaring flaws as a WiSBasketball owner.

Also, as stated, you measure things totally different to me. You keep citing team playoff success when I have been pretty clear it isn't something I care about in a retrospective. You need to settle down boss.
3/21/2018 7:14 PM
My very 2nd draft league- the evaluator made fun of my team and said I'd miss the playoffs.. I won the league.. I do not care about getting a poor eval. I learned very early that it does not matter what others 'think'..... But- I just dont understand why I'm not allowed to point out facts and inaccuracies without being accused of things.
3/21/2018 7:15 PM
All right, I can see where the post barrage is going.

3/21/2018 7:17 PM
Posted by robusk on 3/21/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 7:03:00 PM (view original):
LOL. Never claimed to be perfect, I generally claim to be pretty flawed. Anyone who has played in a progressive with me knows my glaring flaws as a WiSBasketball owner.

Also, as stated, you measure things totally different to me. You keep citing team playoff success when I have been pretty clear it isn't something I care about in a retrospective. You need to settle down boss.
I just went by the definition of 'nailed it'. It's the phrase that you used, even though it's not the meaning you meant... I'm sorry for taking things literally. I apologize. I'll assume different meaning for the words you use next time. Ok?
3/21/2018 7:26 PM (edited)
Ash, care to make this a double fight?
3/21/2018 7:18 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/21/2018 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Ash, care to make this a double fight?
I've got no reason to fight anyone in real life or on here... None at all. Ash said he didn't like the Mase pick. Copernicus took it further, ash was on the same wavelength as Copernicus....

my response was to JK saying that I do understand it, and it wasn't as bad as Copernicus & ash 'seemed' to think (although, ash says no). I said I've done well even when predicted to do poorly, even when the prediction to do poorly was made by Ash, who is the king of the sim....

Y'all can see it town want.. That's what I said. Call me what u want- but whatever- it doesn't really matter, bc I know my intentions. U can take things however u wish. I intend for no conflict with anyone...
3/21/2018 7:26 PM
I was referring to his fight with me, and I was joking.
3/21/2018 7:31 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 3/21/2018 7:31:00 PM (view original):
I was referring to his fight with me, and I was joking.
Well that was out of place, so I assumed u meant double, as in 2 fights, and he recently called me out for not liking what I said.. But it's all good
3/21/2018 7:34 PM
A double fight. Kind of like a double date, but less expensive
3/21/2018 7:49 PM
3 picks made today.. Pretty exciting
3/21/2018 7:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...30 Next ▸
ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.