ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Posted by robusk on 3/21/2018 1:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 1:13:00 AM (view original):
I just don't understand how I have a 26%dreb that plays 42mins at PF or C a 21%dreb for 38 mins at SF, and 38 Mins of 12+ at SG and the numbers still say I suck.. That's all.. It doesn't make sense to me. SO, call me an idiot-- but I typically finish in the top 5 boards in both draft leagues... But.. anyway- the numbers don't lie.. I'm not arguing that... I'm just surprised they are what they are.
Row Labels Count Plyrs Sum Min Sum adjOReb Sum adjDReb
milest
Malone, Moses
1 3,390 16.0% 22.9%
Pippen, Scottie
1 3,095 4.5% 10.1%
Price, Mark
1 2,706 1.8% 5.1%
Wallace, Gerald
1 2,643 4.0% 11.4%
Well thanks.. I'm not even going to try to figure out how the chart choses which seasons to use.. But it may explain why some of the numbers didn't add up in my mind. My Wallace plays 400-500 more mins at about 5% better Dreb and 17 point higher D rating.... So, the numbers just didn't look right to me. It's all good
3/21/2018 1:32 AM (edited)
Posted by bds9992 on 3/21/2018 1:25:00 AM (view original):
Which Gerald are you using, Miles? 2010?
Probably-- There is still a chance I will use 05-06- the 100 D version
3/21/2018 1:36 AM (edited)
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 1:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 3/21/2018 1:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 1:13:00 AM (view original):
I just don't understand how I have a 26%dreb that plays 42mins at PF or C a 21%dreb for 38 mins at SF, and 38 Mins of 12+ at SG and the numbers still say I suck.. That's all.. It doesn't make sense to me. SO, call me an idiot-- but I typically finish in the top 5 boards in both draft leagues... But.. anyway- the numbers don't lie.. I'm not arguing that... I'm just surprised they are what they are.
Row Labels Count Plyrs Sum Min Sum adjOReb Sum adjDReb
milest
Malone, Moses
1 3,390 16.0% 22.9%
Pippen, Scottie
1 3,095 4.5% 10.1%
Price, Mark
1 2,706 1.8% 5.1%
Wallace, Gerald
1 2,643 4.0% 11.4%
Well thanks.. I'm not even going to try to figure out which seasons being used.. But it may explain why some of the numbers didn't add up in my mind. My Wallace plays 400-500 more mins at about 5% better Dreb and 17 point higher D rating.... So, the numbers just didn't look right to me. It's all good
Yeah, the other Wallace had 4 points of usage with high efficiency stats. It just nudged out the one you selected despite the rebounding and defense deficit
3/21/2018 1:32 AM
Thanks for the stats Robusk
3/21/2018 1:35 AM
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 12:37:00 AM (view original):
He drafted Mason for the frontcourt ast% needed when drafting Klay at SG. He's 96% at SF, so I assume he'll be at PF since Worm will play SF...
I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with the pick, but I understand it.
Yes, Mason ties the whole thing together with assists and for 39 minutes to boot. Brings the starters to about 65%. Low fouls and good D didn’t hurt the cause.

Alternative was to get more dimes from PG, and there are some options for that but with a major scoring and defense sacrifice. But I totally get the issues with Mason at the 4.
3/21/2018 6:52 AM
I think I've drafted Larry Sanders in 5 of the last 6 ODLs prior to this one (I'll try to check if i have time later). But the draft fell differently this time.
3/21/2018 10:17 AM
Posted by jkaye24 on 3/21/2018 6:52:00 AM (view original):
He drafted Mason for the frontcourt ast% needed when drafting Klay at SG. He's 96% at SF, so I assume he'll be at PF since Worm will play SF...
Yes, Mason ties the whole thing together with assists and for 39 minutes to boot. Brings the starters to about 65%. Low fouls and good D didn’t hurt the cause.

Alternative was to get more dimes from PG, and there are some options for that but with a major scoring and defense sacrifice. But I totally get the issues with Mason at the 4.
Mason wasn't a bad selection for you. He's also a low TO guy, and gets to the line a decent amount of times for his usage and hits at a decent rate. I think he's kind of underrated, tbh-- it depends on the team around him- but I don't think your selection warranted the ridicule from the peanut gallery. Don't worry- Every time my team gets **** on in the evals and forums, including from King Ash, i usually make the conference finals at least...
3/21/2018 12:03 PM
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 10:17:00 AM (view original):
I think I've drafted Larry Sanders in 5 of the last 6 ODLs prior to this one (I'll try to check if i have time later). But the draft fell differently this time.
Glad to move up to get him. I needed an efficient Big (D92) good creb.
His low 17 U% should fit well with Garnett & Kemp
Hope it pays off and glad you didn't get him again!
Didn't think he'd last to 117.
3/21/2018 1:19 PM
The $47 million cap is killing me. That and the fact that the guy I wanted with my next pick is already gone.
3/21/2018 3:01 PM
Posted by milest on 3/21/2018 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jkaye24 on 3/21/2018 6:52:00 AM (view original):

Mason wasn't a bad selection for you. He's also a low TO guy, and gets to the line a decent amount of times for his usage and hits at a decent rate. I think he's kind of underrated, tbh-- it depends on the team around him- but I don't think your selection warranted the ridicule from the peanut gallery. Don't worry- Every time my team gets **** on in the evals and forums, including from King Ash, i usually make the conference finals at least...
You got a problem with me?

I don't consider responding to someone and agreeing with what they said was ridicule:
Posted by jkaye24 on 3/20/2018 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Probably put together the worst 4 rebounders in the league around Rodman: Cheeks, Klay, Mase and Zo. Elite defense, enough assists, solid eFG, need 3s off the bench. Not sure if this works. Man, the ODL is hard.

Mason is the worst part of that, unless you're planning on using Worm as a 4. I really like the squad otherwise (well, I hate Cheeks, too, but he's acceptable)

3/21/2018 5:26 PM
I mean, the team jk put together is fine & will probably do well. I figure the SL is going to still have 125+ crb (35/90), so that's not a weakness. It's just not hammering the strength Rodman potentially gives you - is one way of looking at it. Another way is - taking advantage of the flexibility he gives you, allowing you to draft some bigs that aren't top tier board lords. Neither way is right or wrong; I've seen the latter happen over & over without much success and rarely if ever seen anybody attempt the former.

My hatred for Cheeks is for Cheeks, not the pick of Cheeks. I don't like using PGs that don't give me at least a 3pm a game (or in the neighborhood). That doesn't mean they're bad. That's all I meant by (well, I hate Cheeks, too, but he's acceptable).
3/21/2018 5:39 PM
but he helped that little girl sing the anthem....?
3/21/2018 5:44 PM
Milest appears to be sensitive in regards to poor evaluations of his team.
3/21/2018 5:45 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 3/21/2018 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Milest appears to be sensitive in regards to poor evaluations of his team.
What on earth would give you that idea?
3/21/2018 5:58 PM
Posted by ashamael on 3/21/2018 5:39:00 PM (view original):
I mean, the team jk put together is fine & will probably do well. I figure the SL is going to still have 125+ crb (35/90), so that's not a weakness. It's just not hammering the strength Rodman potentially gives you - is one way of looking at it. Another way is - taking advantage of the flexibility he gives you, allowing you to draft some bigs that aren't top tier board lords. Neither way is right or wrong; I've seen the latter happen over & over without much success and rarely if ever seen anybody attempt the former.

My hatred for Cheeks is for Cheeks, not the pick of Cheeks. I don't like using PGs that don't give me at least a 3pm a game (or in the neighborhood). That doesn't mean they're bad. That's all I meant by (well, I hate Cheeks, too, but he's acceptable).
I did not take it as ridicule. As I said, I am not sure what I did will work. The idea was to say, let’s be an average rebounding team with Rodman by maximizing the offense-defense spread withour needing to acquire above avg rebounds at other position. Can I create a 5-6 point margin a game with what I have and be even in rebounding? That’s the goal.
3/21/2018 6:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...30 Next ▸
ODL67 Completed Trades & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.