TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

1/10/2018 1:10 PM
Lefties. I dare you to post one positive story about DJT. LOL
1/10/2018 1:55 PM
Not that I consider myself a lefty, but....

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders recently tweeted, “Which is the more underreported story of @POTUS year one? Defeat of ISIS. Booming Trump economy”

Sanders asked the question for a good reason. The good news of Trump’s presidency hasn't received much attention.

More: Beltway media needs to take a deep breath. Fake Trump stories hurt you.

More: On Jerusalem, Donald Trump ended a quarter century of lies

According to the Media Research Center, coverage of Trump on the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts in September, October and November was more than 90% negative.

Granted, the president is partially at fault for the lack of positive coverage. At times, he has stepped all over his message. Plus, attacking news reports as "fake news" is not the way to win friends and influence the press.

Trump supporters cry foul, but just like a coach who throws a chair or blasts the media in a news conference, the outburst tends to get more attention than it does wins.

Trumpsters aren’t the only ones who've noticed how the media treat Trump.

Surprisingly, 93-year-old former president Jimmy Carter said, “I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about

1/10/2018 2:24 PM
I don't mean you, I mean people like Taint and BL and tang. The pure blind left.
1/10/2018 3:10 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/10/2018 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Well, on a positive note, Trump’s approval ratings all but ensure that the GOP won’t be burdened with having to lead the House of Representatives in 2019.
1/10/2018 3:24 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/10/2018 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Well, on a positive note, Trump’s approval ratings all but ensure that the GOP won’t be burdened with having to lead the House of Representatives in 2019.
Same rating agency that predicted an HRC win?
1/10/2018 3:39 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/10/2018 3:39:00 PM (view original):
I guess someone so dumb that they can't grasp the simple difference between a tax deduction and a tax credit would also have a problem understanding what a probability is.
1/10/2018 4:06 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/10/2018 4:06:00 PM (view original):
I guess someone so dumb that they can't grasp the simple difference between a tax deduction and a tax credit would also have a problem understanding what a probability is.
Are we on that same dead horse? I know the difference. LOL. I also admitted I may have been mistaken. You, however, refuse to admit any mistakes. Capt. Perfect.

Did you not say "all but ensure"? That is a pretty high probability. Same probability that HRC had of winning. She got smoked. I do not believe in the Polls. Doesn't mean I am right. But I am entitled to my opinion. We will see how the state races go.
1/10/2018 4:37 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/10/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Are we on that same dead horse? I know the difference. LOL. I also admitted I may have been mistaken. You, however, refuse to admit any mistakes. Capt. Perfect.

Did you not say "all but ensure"? That is a pretty high probability. Same probability that HRC had of winning. She got smoked. I do not believe in the Polls. Doesn't mean I am right. But I am entitled to my opinion. We will see how the state races go.
If someone has a 70% chance of winning, they still lose 30% of the time.

If you say someone has a 70% chance of winning and they lose, it doesn't mean your model was flawed.

Trump's approval rating isn't a probability. It is just a poll but there's no reason to believe that it isn't a decent representation of the public's feelings towards Trump.
1/10/2018 5:06 PM
And I don't think you actually do know the difference.

I know the difference. LOL. I also admitted I may have been mistaken.

1/10/2018 5:07 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/10/2018 5:07:00 PM (view original):
And I don't think you actually do know the difference.

I know the difference. LOL. I also admitted I may have been mistaken.

Opinions vary
1/10/2018 5:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

There's been 58 presidential elections.....trump's margin of victory in the electoral college was the 46th largest....45 other presidents won by a larger margin. I'd hardly say smoked, especially when you toss in the fact HRC won the popular vote.

Polls are useful, but as BL said, it's just probability and when you are using such small sample sizes, no matter how scientific the pollsters might think it is, you are going to get skewed results from time to time.

1/10/2018 5:55 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/10/2018 3:10:00 PM (view original):
I don't mean you, I mean people like Taint and BL and tang. The pure blind left.
Well.. The economy is doing well?
1/10/2018 6:32 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/10/2018 5:55:00 PM (view original):

There's been 58 presidential elections.....trump's margin of victory in the electoral college was the 46th largest....45 other presidents won by a larger margin. I'd hardly say smoked, especially when you toss in the fact HRC won the popular vote.

Polls are useful, but as BL said, it's just probability and when you are using such small sample sizes, no matter how scientific the pollsters might think it is, you are going to get skewed results from time to time.

I agree. Hence I will believe it when I see it. Smoked was a relative term. No one was biting their nails. By 10:30PM ET you knew DJT was going to win. The silent majority obviously spoke. Agreed on the popular vote but that was not how the candidates campaigned so that point is sort of moot. You win a football game by outscoring your opponent not gaining more yards. If it were yardage based then teams would employ different strategies, etc.
1/10/2018 7:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...83|84|85|86|87...936 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.