TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Yes, but mainly the LACK OF two parents in the home is the biggest reason. Too many baby mommas and baby daddies...terms that we can do without, IMO. ..divorce rates through the roof has been a huge factor. Fundamentally speaking, we as a society are failing our kids.

Not to pick on blacks, because I don't, but Cosby's NAACP pound cake speech is a must hear. It's on Youtube. ..he gets right to the point.
1/2/2018 9:00 PM (edited)
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/2/2018 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/2/2018 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/2/2018 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/2/2018 2:10:00 PM (view original):
No and no. Don't you agree that the issue is having single parents and not the schools? If you cannot afford to have kids then don't HAVE THEM!!! I wanted to have 10 kids but we settled for two due to the cost of having kids. It doesn't take a genius to realize that kids are expensive. I don't feel sorry for those that choose to have kids when they have no business having them. I am sorry.
So if you are poor, don't have kids.
Correct. But if you follow these steps you will not be poor:
  1. Graduate High School
  2. Don't be a single parent
  3. Get a job
I want to drive a Ferrari but I cannot afford it. So guess what? I don't drive a Ferrari.
That's a pretty terrible thing to say.

And we have established that #'s 1 and 3 are not that simple.

That's not a terrible thing to say. It goes back to choices. Choices come with consequences. Having a kid because you want to have a kid is an emotional decision. Sometimes you have to take emotion out of the decision making process and think logically and wisely.

#1 is really easy. Go to class, do your homework, pretend like you're paying attention and you pass. Nothing difficult about that.
So break your family line because whoops your parents sucked!
No, just make sure you have achieved 1-3 on cccp's list before having them.
Again, it's not that simple.
1/2/2018 9:00 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/2/2018 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 1/2/2018 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 1/2/2018 5:13:00 PM (view original):
No and no. Don't you agree that the issue is having single parents and not the schools? If you cannot afford to have kids then don't HAVE THEM!!! I wanted to have 10 kids but we settled for two due to the cost of having kids. It doesn't take a genius to realize that kids are expensive. I don't feel sorry for those that choose to have kids when they have no business having them. I am sorry.
If you can't afford to have children, then don't have children.
Don't rely on charity or the Government to provide for your child.
This should be common sense to everyone (but is sadly very far from it, as people actually use having children to supplement their income).
Poverty is generational. If someone is in poverty it is likely that it is because of their parents. So what you are saying is that some people are just doomed not to have children.
Sorry, but I gotta call Bullsh*t on that one. If you want children bad enough, and can't afford them, then you'll work hard to make changes so you can afford them. That might delay having them, and/or cut down on the number of them, but I don't think either of those things are bad for the individual or for our society. Certainly not anywhere near as bad as 20-somethings pumping-out child after child so they can get more and more subsidies, that are frequently turned into drugs and/or alcohol instead of child items.
You could probably make the same argument against disabled people having babies.
Okay. If you're not in a position to take care of a child (physically, mentally, or financially), don't have them.
I hope you understand where this leads.
1/2/2018 9:04 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/2/2018 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Yes, but mainly the LACK OF two parents in the home is the biggest reason. Too many baby mommas and baby daddies...terms that we can do without, IMO. ..divorce rates through the roof has been a huge factor. Fundamentally speaking, we as a society are failing our kids.

Not to pick on blacks, because I don't, but Cosby's NAACP pound cake speech is a must hear. It's on Youtube. ..he gets right to the point.
It's a product of people aren't raised to face adversity. People expect to be bailed out during hard times in America and they quit when the going gets tough. I have been as guilty as anyone in the past. I got married at 22 and still had too much play in me. I told my wife that she might as well move back to NC. Praise God that I married someone that was raised to believe divorce was not an option because I grew up and we're happily married now.

The point is, people are raised today to believe that they don't have to be responsible for their actions.
1/2/2018 9:04 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/2/2018 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/2/2018 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/2/2018 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Correct. But if you follow these steps you will not be poor:
  1. Graduate High School
  2. Don't be a single parent
  3. Get a job
I want to drive a Ferrari but I cannot afford it. So guess what? I don't drive a Ferrari.
That's a pretty terrible thing to say.

And we have established that #'s 1 and 3 are not that simple.

That's not a terrible thing to say. It goes back to choices. Choices come with consequences. Having a kid because you want to have a kid is an emotional decision. Sometimes you have to take emotion out of the decision making process and think logically and wisely.

#1 is really easy. Go to class, do your homework, pretend like you're paying attention and you pass. Nothing difficult about that.
So break your family line because whoops your parents sucked!
No, just make sure you have achieved 1-3 on cccp's list before having them.
Again, it's not that simple.
Why? I want to see if you have a logical answer without making excuses for people.
1/2/2018 9:05 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/2/2018 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 1/2/2018 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/2/2018 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 1/2/2018 5:13:00 PM (view original):
If you can't afford to have children, then don't have children.
Don't rely on charity or the Government to provide for your child.
This should be common sense to everyone (but is sadly very far from it, as people actually use having children to supplement their income).
Poverty is generational. If someone is in poverty it is likely that it is because of their parents. So what you are saying is that some people are just doomed not to have children.
Sorry, but I gotta call Bullsh*t on that one. If you want children bad enough, and can't afford them, then you'll work hard to make changes so you can afford them. That might delay having them, and/or cut down on the number of them, but I don't think either of those things are bad for the individual or for our society. Certainly not anywhere near as bad as 20-somethings pumping-out child after child so they can get more and more subsidies, that are frequently turned into drugs and/or alcohol instead of child items.
You could probably make the same argument against disabled people having babies.
Okay. If you're not in a position to take care of a child (physically, mentally, or financially), don't have them.
I hope you understand where this leads.
Yes, to a society where people make rational, wise decisions and are able to put their emotions aside to do what's right.

1/2/2018 9:08 PM
There are still places in this world where young women maintain their virtue until they marry. They aren't out there giving it away. Having babies with 4 or 5 different men, of which none provide support. Our society promotes promiscuity. Kids are raised poorly. A basic value system is missing. No, going back to the fifties is seen as abhorrent. But perhaps a look at how we did some things in the past would right parts of the ship today. Hell, even moderation is frowned upon by some political circles. I think Grandpa called them goddamned hippies...
1/2/2018 9:17 PM
Something is terribly wrong when a kid in the hood first felt loved when someone gave them a gun.

This is a common occurrence, in the greatest nation on Earth. We have a long road ahead.
1/2/2018 9:23 PM
A few months back there was a kid working in our warehouse. Was wearing shoes that were duct taped together. I gave him my old pair of boots I kept under the seat. He hugged me like I had handed him the big sweepstakes check. I wasn't expecting that one...
1/2/2018 9:31 PM
I have talked about this a little before, but whether you're a Christian or not is your choice and if you think praying in schools is unconstitutional that's fine, but the reality is when prayer and the Bible were in schools teachers had issues with students chewing gum and talking. Now they struggle with far worse.

Of the 55 men who formed the constitution, 52 were active members of their church.

Noah Webster could quote the Bible chapter and verse.

James Madison said "we stake our future and our ability to follow the Ten Commandments with all our hearts."

George Washington said in his farewell address "you can't have national morality apart from religious principle."

Thomas Jefferson called the Bible "the cornerstone for American liberty."
1/2/2018 9:43 PM (edited)
But it's not cool to be conservative. Its cool to be liberated. Fine, read Alinsky. Promote anarchy...just look how far the cheese has slid off the cracker in 50 years. Yep, it's the hippies. Located in just about any US university, brainwashing, I mean teaching, young minds. And they use a word very differently than it was used in the past. Tolerance.
1/2/2018 9:58 PM (edited)
How many of those 55 owned another human being?
1/2/2018 9:55 PM
Jefferson also believed Jesus wasn't the messiah, nor the son of God.
1/2/2018 9:57 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/2/2018 9:55:00 PM (view original):
How many of those 55 owned another human being?
Many, but keep in mind it was legal at the time. Accepted practice by the landowners and wealthy. Great men, but yes, slave owners. Hopefully not stricken from the history books for it.
1/2/2018 10:01 PM
Future generations cannot learn from lessons of the past if we rewrite our history to make it politically correct.
1/2/2018 10:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...69|70|71|72|73...937 Next ▸
TRUMP: Best President ever Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.