Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/16/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/16/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 2/16/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/16/2017 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 2/16/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/16/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Again. Everyone is aware that Clinton lost. My point is that Trump won despite the fact that most voters chose the other candidate. And he has only become less popular since taking office.

We have a clown in the "very famous White House." A big, dumb, orange clown who is compromised by Russia.
The vast majority of the country voted for Trump, no matter how you try to spin the results. Please refer to the map of electoral votes if that's not clear to you. It's pretty solid red.

Winning the popular vote gets Hillary a prettier participation ribbon that she would have gotten had Trump won both the popular and electoral vote. But nothing else. Because that's not how Presidential elections work in this country.
Are you taking about area or people?

Because the majority of voters did not pick Trump.
States.

Trump won 29 states. Pretty much the entire middle and southern sections of the country.
Yeah, I understand that. But I'm not talking about how the electoral college works or whether or not Trump actually won. He did.

I'm specifically responding to moy implying that Trump is incredibly popular outside of a handful of cities and newspapers. That isn't the case, he is unpopular.
Is there any way on earth you can substantiate this claim? We know the media is largely liberal. As is the entertainment industry. According to FOX News, Trump has done everything perfectly. I'm not sure you're traveling the country taking polls. I don't talk politics with anyone because I don't like Trump and I think liberals are ruining America but no one is standing outside screaming "Yay, Trump" or "Trump sucks!!" I imagine your circle is full of libs.

So where are you getting your data?
To start, I'll point to the fact that more people voted for Clinton than Trump. That alone is a pretty big hint that he isn't incredibly popular.

Gallup tracks presidential approval ratings. Trump is in the toilet. On day 23 he is at 40%.

Obama was at 64% at the same mark. W was at 62%. Clinton 51%. HW was at 63% (day 41). Reagan 55%.

Maybe you argue that Trump is inexperienced and will get more popular as he gets up to speed. I'd argue that Trump's shtick will get old fast, and more and more people will see him as the bumbling con man that he is as time goes on.

Regarding my circle, I lived for several years in Orange County, CA, so my group is made up of a pretty solid mix of liberals and conservatives. 2016 was the first time Orange County went blue since 1936.
2/16/2017 2:32 PM
1. Doesn't matter what anyone did in Nov. Some of us didn't vote because we hated both of them.

2. Haven't all Presidents been in the 40s at some point? Dubya became very unpopular. Clinton quite popular. Not sure I'd worry about today.

3. It's unlikely you'll find me arguing for Trump.

4. I guess I'll take your word on that. Do the conservatives hate Trump?
2/16/2017 2:37 PM
Again. Everyone is aware that Clinton lost. My point is that Trump won despite the fact that most voters chose the other candidate. And he has only become less popular since taking office.

We have a clown in the "very famous White House." A big, dumb, orange clown who is compromised by Russia.
The vast majority of the country voted for Trump, no matter how you try to spin the results. Please refer to the map of electoral votes if that's not clear to you. It's pretty solid red.

Winning the popular vote gets Hillary a prettier participation ribbon that she would have gotten had Trump won both the popular and electoral vote. But nothing else. Because that's not how Presidential elections work in this country.

States.

Trump won 29 states. Pretty much the entire middle and southern sections of the country.
Yeah, I understand that. But I'm not talking about how the electoral college works or whether or not Trump actually won. He did.

I'm specifically responding to moy implying that Trump is incredibly popular outside of a handful of cities and newspapers. That isn't the case, he is unpopular.
Trump is extremely popular in the rural areas. Agree or disagree?

Trump is extremely unpopular in the larger population areas. Agree or disagree?

The vast majority of the United States is rural. Agree or disagree?
2/16/2017 2:38 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/16/2017 2:38:00 PM (view original):

States.

Trump is popular in rural areas.
Trump is unpopular in urban areas.
Most people live in urban areas.
2/16/2017 2:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/16/2017 2:37:00 PM (view original):
1. Doesn't matter what anyone did in Nov. Some of us didn't vote because we hated both of them.

2. Haven't all Presidents been in the 40s at some point? Dubya became very unpopular. Clinton quite popular. Not sure I'd worry about today.

1) It's a pretty big clue how the country felt about him before he started shitting the bed. I can't imagine it's gotten better.
2) Most presidents have dips, but almost all are very, very popular right after they take office. Even Obama, in the middle of the great recession (Feb 2009), had a mid-60's approval rating.
3) OK.
4) Most do but but a few don't.
2/16/2017 2:43 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/16/2017 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 2/16/2017 2:38:00 PM (view original):

States.

Trump is popular in rural areas.
Trump is unpopular in urban areas.
Most people live in urban areas.
Then how did Trump get elected?
2/16/2017 2:50 PM
Because we elect using the electoral college and not the popular vote.
2/16/2017 2:58 PM
Then how did Trump get elected?

Maybe it is all that voter fraud he talks about
2/16/2017 3:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/16/2017 2:43:00 PM (view original):

1) It's a pretty big clue how the country felt about him before he started shitting the bed. I can't imagine it's gotten better.
2) Most presidents have dips, but almost all are very, very popular right after they take office. Even Obama, in the middle of the great recession (Feb 2009), had a mid-60's approval rating.
3) OK.
4) Most do but but a few don't.
moy's ranting aside, I'm not sure I'd be too worried about how "popular" Trump is. Worrying about one's popularity is probably a poor way to make decisions.

My associates are largely conservative. A few feel like me, that Trump is a disaster-in-waiting, but most have taken a wait and see approach. Truth is, their viewpoint/stance is more valid than mine. Or, for that matter, libs like yourself.
2/16/2017 3:25 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 2/16/2017 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Facts do not work with these ********
You mean like Trump IS the US's elected President?
You mean like Trump's popularity has gone UP since the election (do to continual whiners and haters like you and b_l turning people)?
2/16/2017 4:29 PM
I have a wait and see attitude. Maybe Trump will surprise me, but from what I've seen so far I'm not holding my breath.
2/16/2017 4:32 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/16/2017 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by RCBracco on 2/16/2017 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Facts do not work with these ********
You mean like Trump IS the US's elected President?
You mean like Trump's popularity has gone UP since the election (do to continual whiners and haters like you and b_l turning people)?
Lol. Trump's Gallup approval rating on 1/28 was 45%. It's 41% now.

http://www.gallup.com/interactives/185273/presidential-job-approval-center.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles
2/16/2017 4:49 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/16/2017 4:32:00 PM (view original):
I have a wait and see attitude. Maybe Trump will surprise me, but from what I've seen so far I'm not holding my breath.
A friend of mine went on a rant the other day: "It's only been 25 days, you gotta give the guy a chance!".

The problem is, it's really been a year and a half or so. President Trump is basically acting and doing the same as President-elect Trump. Who was basically acting and doing the same as GOP nominee Trump. Who was basically acting and doing the same as GOP candidate Trump.

He is exactly what he appeared to be a year and a half ago. There's nothing to "wait and see". He's unstable and unfit.
2/16/2017 5:06 PM
And if he's actually compromised by Russia, how long do you want him in charge?

The CIA is already holding back info from him.
2/16/2017 5:23 PM

1. Correct. There are 230 million people that are eligible to vote in the USA. Clinton got about 60 million votes or so. That may be most of the voters in this election but that's far from most of the country as BL is attempting to make it seem.
2/16/2017 5:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.