Savage X Rosters/Commentary Topic

I'd love to see more playable Pistons... it's a shame that I end up considering new IT far more often than old IT. Funny to see Big Ben take such an outsized role in the sim when he was pretty afraid of handling the ball, dribbling, getting fouled, etc.
1/31/2023 1:21 PM
“Hey KD. We’re thrilled to have you on board as our franchise player, and we’ve been hard at work building a team to suit your strengths. I know things didn’t exactly work out with Russ. And they’re not exactly working out with Simmons…but picture this: both of them TOGETHER.”

”No, we couldn’t afford Kyrie or Steph, but we got you Mitchell Robinson!”
1/31/2023 4:24 PM
1/31/2023 4:27 PM
Lot's of people I can typically rely on getting late just aren't falling this draft.
1/31/2023 7:55 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 1/31/2023 1:21:00 PM (view original):
I'd love to see more playable Pistons... it's a shame that I end up considering new IT far more often than old IT. Funny to see Big Ben take such an outsized role in the sim when he was pretty afraid of handling the ball, dribbling, getting fouled, etc.
As a Celtics fan, the last thing I want to see is more Isiah or certainly jacka** Laimbeer. But it's something I do wonder about how you make really good historical players more relevant. Progressives are good for that. Not sure how you make it work in draft leagues though. Shooting and Defense matter too much.
1/31/2023 8:09 PM
Posted by robusk on 1/31/2023 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Lot's of people I can typically rely on getting late just aren't falling this draft.
Same. Rounds 7 & 8 were hell for me. My board is butchered.
1/31/2023 8:52 PM
My Plan A, Plan B, & Plan C have all been decimated within the last 20 or so picks.

The savagery is relentless.
2/1/2023 4:11 AM
I definitely did not go to sleep last night thinking I'd be taking Jaylen haha, I'll just say that.

I don't think anyone in the league has my cell # but I'd be okay with giving it out to a few folks; I know there've been a few times I've been afk and missed the WIS email(s). I guess SM me if you want to exchange.
2/1/2023 10:18 AM
Ten seasons of this and I hate the Grant Hill pick so much. It is just one of my worst picks in this format. Staring at it all day has been a bummer.
2/1/2023 2:46 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 2/1/2023 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Ten seasons of this and I hate the Grant Hill pick so much. It is just one of my worst picks in this format. Staring at it all day has been a bummer.
Well, I like the pick so how dumb does that make me?
2/1/2023 2:48 PM
Hard to get excited about this squad. At the time, I think I made the right pick for the right reasons, but as it moves on & on, I hate the Brandan Wright & A.C. Green picks so much. Favors, Tatum, and Kemba to a lesser degree. I can justify all of those selections, but I just don't love them.

I'm not sure what the focus of this team is, and I definitely feel more ambiguous going into this one than the past two.
2/1/2023 4:31 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/1/2023 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Hard to get excited about this squad. At the time, I think I made the right pick for the right reasons, but as it moves on & on, I hate the Brandan Wright & A.C. Green picks so much. Favors, Tatum, and Kemba to a lesser degree. I can justify all of those selections, but I just don't love them.

I'm not sure what the focus of this team is, and I definitely feel more ambiguous going into this one than the past two.
I feel this. I was pretty happy with how the first half of my draft went and the strategy I had in mind. And then I didn’t get a single player I wanted in the second half of the draft.
2/1/2023 6:10 PM
thank you jethro for taking lanier in the 2nd in savage 9...im thinking owners missed him completely when looking at potential picks from last seasons draft

still a tough choice tho...i had two guys each at three different positions i really liked...ill be very curious to see if i made the right call in terms of who makes it back to me...these last few rounds can be brutal - you never know how its gonna shake out
2/1/2023 7:49 PM
Lanier is so good this late. I’ve been thinking about picking him for several rounds now.
2/1/2023 7:51 PM
I've been staring at him (and a few others) for a while, but they just don't fit what I have.
2/1/2023 8:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...32 Next ▸
Savage X Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.