THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Covid Update

With the Christmas and Hannukah parties coming up
the need for everyone to get their booster ASAP is crucial. REMEMBER it takes about 2 weeks for the booster to kick in.
So if you get the booster a week before the big Christmas party it is like not having the booster.

The data is still being compiled and studied but Omicron seems to be similar to Delta but maybe more catchy.

And they are saying that having had covid and 2 shots is not going to prevent breakthrough.
Depending on age and or circumstances breakthrough can be very serious.
Make no mistake about that.

United States whole population death rate is now about 1 of 418.
And the next 60 days will be particularly deadly.

REMEMBER everyone can get the booster even kids.
12/8/2021 1:29 PM (edited)
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/7/2021 8:59:00 PM (view original):
QUESTION BECAUSE THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE

Why are the majority of very pronounced christian faith people who vocally exclaim pro life allegiance so willing to risk their health and lives as they refuse the vaccines.

On the surface it makes no sense.
How can a believer of any faith that there is on this planet believe that their God would be ok with not safeguarding one’s life if God does think that life is truly precious.

Benjamin Franklin said this. It is not from a bible. He said God helps those that help themselves.
Technically it was an English chap named Algernon Sidney who first said it and Franklin popularized it.

Every enlightened religion believes that you should not depend upon God for something completely in your control.

So what has happened. Why are these people acting like penguins jumping off a cliff.
And what does this say about religious leadership in several major denominations.
What does it say about a significant swath of American society.

I look for the big picture as I see a country where rational people are losing ground and a country that does not have the collective grey matter or will to keep a democracy.
Ok, there are a few fringy evangelical churches that believe you should not seek medical treatments, or at least not from the medical establishment, because it's not "natural" and if God wants you to be healthy/live then He will make it happen. But not many. By and large the pushback against the vaccine has nothing to do with religion.

Pushback against all covid precautions started because the Trump administration recognized that continued economic growth was his only possible path to reelection, and that shutting down economic activity would slow or reverse the positive economic trends. That was why conservatives jumped on the "covid is no big deal, we need to push back against all covid-related restrictions" bandwagon. Since then the thing has really gone off the rails. If the people driving the train were smarter they would have done a 180, because now if Omicron were to re-shutter the b&m stores and cause even a minor downturn it would further damage Biden's popularity. But this thing is way out of the station now, and America's conservatives are stuck on their course.
12/8/2021 3:01 PM
I would reckon that to be NOT Prudent!
12/8/2021 3:14 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/8/2021 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/7/2021 8:59:00 PM (view original):
QUESTION BECAUSE THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE

Why are the majority of very pronounced christian faith people who vocally exclaim pro life allegiance so willing to risk their health and lives as they refuse the vaccines.

On the surface it makes no sense.
How can a believer of any faith that there is on this planet believe that their God would be ok with not safeguarding one’s life if God does think that life is truly precious.

Benjamin Franklin said this. It is not from a bible. He said God helps those that help themselves.
Technically it was an English chap named Algernon Sidney who first said it and Franklin popularized it.

Every enlightened religion believes that you should not depend upon God for something completely in your control.

So what has happened. Why are these people acting like penguins jumping off a cliff.
And what does this say about religious leadership in several major denominations.
What does it say about a significant swath of American society.

I look for the big picture as I see a country where rational people are losing ground and a country that does not have the collective grey matter or will to keep a democracy.
Ok, there are a few fringy evangelical churches that believe you should not seek medical treatments, or at least not from the medical establishment, because it's not "natural" and if God wants you to be healthy/live then He will make it happen. But not many. By and large the pushback against the vaccine has nothing to do with religion.

Pushback against all covid precautions started because the Trump administration recognized that continued economic growth was his only possible path to reelection, and that shutting down economic activity would slow or reverse the positive economic trends. That was why conservatives jumped on the "covid is no big deal, we need to push back against all covid-related restrictions" bandwagon. Since then the thing has really gone off the rails. If the people driving the train were smarter they would have done a 180, because now if Omicron were to re-shutter the b&m stores and cause even a minor downturn it would further damage Biden's popularity. But this thing is way out of the station now, and America's conservatives are stuck on their course.
That makes much sense to me but still the millions and millions of faith people being anti vax out of spite and then still risking their lives while abandoning basic religious tenants which include preservation of sacred life and love thy neighbor is still there right in their face and it is saying a lot about just what are their core beliefs.
12/8/2021 3:19 PM (edited)
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/6/2021 12:21:00 PM (view original):
International Watch

1. China vs Taiwan - with the winter olympics being in Beijing next year one could assume no invasion over next 15 months.

2. Russia vs Ukraine - forces are mounting at the border but many analysts believe it is being done as a bargaining tactic to extract concessions from the west.
Biden set to meet Putin by video tomorrow.

3. Iran Nuclear Ambitions - they are once again four months away. Every time they get close Israel bombs a reactor or breaks their computer systems. The last time was this April setting the program back 9 months.
Look for full scale press for agreement or sabotage again.

4. Afghanistan - it is being predicted that because of increasing lack of food and a major drought and economic disaster under the Taliban the winter will be a catastrophe. The assessment is that between one million and two million people will die. Maybe 5% of the population. It will take a massive international plan to stave off disaster there. At least 1 million of the deaths will be children.
I live right near Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA. We can hear them when they do bombing/artillery practice. The last week or so it has been going on every day for many hours. (more so than usual) Makes me think something is about to happen. My son-in-law is in the army and deployed to Kuwait. I hope whatever is going on does not affect him.
12/8/2021 9:20 PM
Me too but i think it is just some extra practice.
It isnt a message to any country and it is probably just extra because of breaks and holidays coming up.
12/8/2021 9:52 PM
Posted by dino27 on 12/7/2020 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Let’s hope that there are no acts of violence as we get closer to December 14 and closer to Jan 20 and thereafter.

the crazies remind of the old Frankenstein movies where the dumb town people rush the castle with torches and set fires and chase a hunchback.
I was looking at old posts in this thread discussing the lead up to jan 6 and noticed this is one.
12/8/2021 11:23 PM
Posted by dino27 on 1/2/2021 2:16:00 PM (view original):
And I left out -
L Wood has called for the execution of Pence by firing squad.
no word from trump about what his lawyer L Wood has said about executing Pence.
Trump probably agrees.

only in a GOP America.
This shows what was out there 4 days before jan. 6 about killing Pence.
12/9/2021 9:05 AM
Posted by dino27 on 1/4/2021 2:05:00 AM (view original):
Birds of a Feather Flock Together

on January 6 they will run amok. Trump and proud boys and secret service and q’anon and kkk and more proud boys and loyal secret service and trump lawyers and unaffiliated white supremacists and super duped fu zombies and the pillow guy and assorted walking brain dead and assorted pardoned murderers and criminals.

in dc - January 6 - shelter in place.
Post from Jan. 4.
Why was the planning for it not taken more seriously?
12/9/2021 9:09 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/8/2021 9:52:00 PM (view original):
Me too but i think it is just some extra practice.
It isnt a message to any country and it is probably just extra because of breaks and holidays coming up.
I hope you're right. I didn't live here last holiday season, so I don't know what it was like then, but from people in the area I've talked to about it, I've heard that they have never heard it so consistent.
12/9/2021 2:36 PM
I wouldn’t call it an important case but a verdict has been returned in the Jessie Smollet case.
Im not sure if it is revealed tonight or tomorrow morning.

Guilty on 5 counts of 6.
12/9/2021 6:29 PM (edited)
MSNBC NEWS

Tonight is the last 11th Hour show for Brian Wiliams.
He is leaving the network over salary.
His show will be replaced with some type of rotating host documentary.

Rachel Maddow leaves next year.

Id like to see Ari Melber replace Rachel and Nicole Wallace replace Brian Williams.
12/9/2021 6:39 PM
With Cuomo leaving CNN and the great Brian Williams leaving MSNBC might Brian Williams be taking over Cuomo’s show.
If he is going to CNN that would make a lot of sense.
12/9/2021 11:32 PM
DJ Trump Did not attend the funeral of Bob Dole today. It is very possible that the family did not want him to attend. A former aide to Dole was removed from the funeral planning after it was just learned that he was part of the planning of the January 6 insurrection.
12/10/2021 1:12 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 12/9/2021 11:32:00 PM (view original):
With Cuomo leaving CNN and the great Brian Williams leaving MSNBC might Brian Williams be taking over Cuomo’s show.
If he is going to CNN that would make a lot of sense.
A top possibility to replace Brian Williams is Tom Llamas. He is an award winning correspondent who was an anchor at ABC and is currently with NBC.
He is 42 and looks like a young Brian Williams.
Looks like a perfect fit.
12/10/2021 2:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...70|71|72|73|74...174 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.