Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

It's been proven time and time again, when it comes to republican administrations, when you put people whose underlying platform is inherently anti-government / pro business, in charge of that same said government, you get great short term gains by the investor class followed by massive short falls , and negative upward mobility by the working class, who are left to pay for it all. Worsened even more by unpaid for Regime change wars, or Corporate Tax Cuts. Now facing a major global crisis, it is obvious more than ever, having responsible , and QUALIFIED people, in important positions of the Government may be THE MOST ESSENTIAL JOB OF THEM ALL...
5/15/2020 9:05 PM
Quality post TY!
5/16/2020 9:00 AM
IF the TONTO in charge wins re-election, you can also count on some kind of war in the near future. That's what Repug. administrations always do when they need to boost the economy. Find/start a war. It's always a win/win for them. They get a big diversion from their latest incompetencies AND a patriotic surge and the temporary but significant economic boost from the military buildup/engagement. All at the "little" expense of some poor and middle class lives lost in combat. They figure that's a swell trade off. Fool the public, boost the economy, all just for a few of your kids lives!
5/16/2020 9:05 AM
Sorry bob, but here are the facts:

Which political party has gotten the USA into more wars, the Democrats or the Republicans?

20 Answers

Raymond Beck, works at U.S. Army
Answered Jul 27 2018 · Author has 9k answers and 2m answer views

McKinley Republican got us into the Spanish American War over a faked attack on the Maine

Wilson, pretending to keep us out of war, intentionally got us into war on another pretext.

FDR similarly provoked Japan to attack Pear Harbor to get us into WW2, after campaigning saying he’d keep us out.

Truman’s Dean Acheson openly said South Korea is not within our defense perimeter, virtually inviting North Korea to attack.

LBJ did the fake attack on a ship to get us into Vietnam.

Bush II used fake WMD to restart the Iraq war.

That’s so far 4–2 Democrats as the pro war party.

(Note: facts stop and opinion starts here.)

Today, Democrats are doing all they can to start WW3 with a war with Russia. That would make it 5–2. McKinley is so old, you really can’t count him.

It’s really about to be 5–1. The Bushes are RINOs more Democrats than Republican. It’s really 6–0. Traditional Republicans have been isolationists like Harding, Coolidge, or pacifist Hoover, and especially Robert Taft. Democrats win, hands down, as the war mongers, up to today and probably endlessly. Democrats want class warfare, international war, & world war. Nearly Every time.

Eisenhower ended the Korean War. Nixon tried to end the Vietnam War & did until Democrats tried to help Ho Chi Minh get out of the peace agreement. Clinton got us into war in Kosovo, Obama into war in Libya. More minor wars are Clinton bombing an African aspirin factory. Obama bombing in Yemen, drones everywhere, and invading Pakistan to get Osama. Reagan invaded Grenada, Bush Sr. Panama. We’re so warped we ignore the “little” wars.

5/16/2020 9:23 AM
we don call it class warfare

we call it charity
5/16/2020 10:35 AM
selective history IMO.
But point taken.
The M.I.C. knows no party, they have tentacles everywhere.
And yes (again) the "little' wars count. Bigly.
5/16/2020 11:37 AM
I would ignore everything pre-Jimmy Carter in terms of the current political landscape.
5/16/2020 12:03 PM
Huge tax cuts for the "Job Creators"

Huge increases in Military spending

Occasional Wars of Choice

Recessions

Democrat elected to clean up Repuglican poopoo

Repugs whine that the recovery from their mess is too slow

Rinse repeat Rinse repeat
5/16/2020 12:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2020 12:03:00 PM (view original):
I would ignore everything pre-Jimmy Carter in terms of the current political landscape.
I don't think so. The only reason to ignore everything pre-1976 would be to ignore the facts that a Democrat was sitting in office during the start of

World War I
World War II
Korean War
Vietnam War
5/16/2020 1:11 PM
The party was extremely different back then. Anything before the southern strategy at least is completely misleading. The bases were very different back then.

It's the same lunacy as people saying "the Democrats founded the KKK". Sure, the support for the KKK back then was within the Democratic party, but the Democratic party then is not the same one we have today.

I don't think there is any gain in looking at Woodrow Wilson's Presidency and from that drawing conclusions about the current Democratic Party.
5/16/2020 1:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/16/2020 1:28:00 PM (view original):
The party was extremely different back then. Anything before the southern strategy at least is completely misleading. The bases were very different back then.

It's the same lunacy as people saying "the Democrats founded the KKK". Sure, the support for the KKK back then was within the Democratic party, but the Democratic party then is not the same one we have today.

I don't think there is any gain in looking at Woodrow Wilson's Presidency and from that drawing conclusions about the current Democratic Party.
That's not what I am driving at, tang.

Democrats today love to tout that they get credit for Woman's Suffrage, Civil Rights Movement, etc.

If you own Woman's Suffrage, you own World War I
If you own Civil Rights Movement, you own Vietnam

You can't choose the parts of each year you like and ignore the parts you don't.
5/16/2020 1:45 PM
I think that's kind of silly too. You are correct, the modern Democratic party had nothing to do with suffrage and probably can't take all the credit for civil rights (although that one is more up in the air).

Now, if you were to name specific ideas that the parties have and link them to historical events, then that's a fair comparison no matter what year you are in.
5/16/2020 2:22 PM
TRUMP owns our victory over the coronavirus.
5/16/2020 3:02 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/16/2020 3:02:00 PM (view original):
TRUMP owns our victory over the coronavirus.
And some of you still try and have rational discussions with this guy. Is there even ONE of you, sans allMouth, that sees a “victory” here? How about a “competent response?” ANYBODY else even see that?
5/16/2020 3:22 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 5/16/2020 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Huge tax cuts for the "Job Creators"

Huge increases in Military spending

Occasional Wars of Choice

Recessions

Democrat elected to clean up Repuglican poopoo

Repugs whine that the recovery from their mess is too slow

Rinse repeat Rinse repeat
More ignorance disregarding facts and making-up your own. Your insistance on doing so removes any credibility you may hope to have.
5/16/2020 3:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...66|67|68|69|70...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.